Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Default Cartoon most north americans wouldn't know

This is a longshot, but here it goes.

Anyone here familiar with the Australian cartoon "Skippy's Adventures in Bushtown"?

It was not shown in the U.S, and only in French in Canada. In late December, I imported a DVD of the first four episodes (in English) and had to get it converted to play in North American DVD players.

The show has only 26 episodes and appearently a movie as well. The show was produced by the company "Yoram Gross" now "Flying Bark productions"

The plot is: Skippy is the bush-wise, street-smart Park Ranger of the coastal village of Bushtown, where he uses his cool head and keen wit to keep the peace; mainly against the crooked mayor who became mayor by fluke.

Again, I don't expect many people to know this cartoon, but if anyone here does, that's great.
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Yoram Gross I've heard of. He'd done a feature-length animated film in the 80s (or 70s) called Dot And The Kangaroo.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Yeah, when I was little, I saw that a couple times on TV. One other cartoon Yoram Gross is famous for is "Blinky Bill".
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Gormiti!

Not well-known outside of Italy and the UK. It should be ported here, as they've started selling the toys.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #5
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

"Dot and the Kangaroo" and "Blinky Bill" I do know (I have the former on DVD - and Ccook, it is indeed a 70s production), but I'm afraid that "Skippy's Adventures in Bushtown" appears to have completely passed me by. I did a google search to see if I could find anything to jog my memory, but...there doesn't appear to be very much available right now. Not so much as a single 30-second youtube video.

The Australian cartoon of which I have the most distinctive memories from my childhood would be the Silver Brumby series of the mid-90s, which was adapted (quite loosely, I hear) from books by Elyne Mitchell.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 02-03-2009 at 06:57 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote