Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #21
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
But I don't think I'll ever forgive her for sending those helpless balloons to their death. Ever. I don't care how humorously that gag was set up, it was just plain cruel and vicious..
Yeh it was a bit. If they'd been characters who'd appeared previously they might not have been dispatched so unsentimentally. You have to think of them like the security guys in Star Trek. But do the balloon guys actually die? Maybe they get picked up by authorities in helicopters (see Mac Daddy).

I tell you what, you really don't want to see what happens to the Pizza Friend in 'Seeing Red'

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:27 PM   #22
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I do agree about the balloons - that creeps me out.

She is, however, very heroic and cool in Bloo's the Boss.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #23
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
In fact, I think it's a little unfair how Madame Foster got away with her actions in "FGTE", while Frankie had to suffer such a terrible day in "Imposter's". It's even more hurtful that Madame Foster wasn't there for her granddaughter at all in that episode.
Madame Foster like I said, is old and the unfortunate truth is that most people won't confront the elderly if they are being an ass about something. Madame Foster not appearing in "Imposter's" wasn't designed to be a kick to Frankie.

I think it was just cause she wasn't needed in the scene, and not that she didn't care about her grand daughter. Then again, Madame Foster is unpredictable so you can never be sure when she'll show up and what she;'ll do.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:48 PM   #24
Voxxyn
Banned

Being elderly or "unpredictable" is NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER for how Madame Foster was absent in that episode. I'm certainly not asking for Frankie to go and whine to her every single time Mr. Herriman orders her around, that's one thing. But it's another for Madame Foster to just do nothing about her flesh-and-blood granddaughter enduring such an undeservedly malicious day.

But that alone isn't what bothers me. It's how she got away with untying helpless imaginary balloons and stealing from a child, just a couple of episodes after the events of "Imposter's"--and repeatedly smacking Frankie with the wooden spoon in "Crime After Crime", itself an episode that aired just weeks after FGTE, doesn't help at all.

I like Madame Foster; but it simply upsets me how she can get away with what she did because "she's old", while her granddaughter's hard work and dedication is "rewarded" by being forced to miss the Fake-Outz concert and having to clean up all day thanks to a mooching jerk.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:29 AM   #25
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

She is, however, very heroic and cool in Bloo's the Boss.
I agree she kicked butt!

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #26
Emma
Foster's Legend

Thirded. If she's that handy with a pole vault now, imagine her in her prime!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #27
Voxxyn
Banned

After watching "Bloo's the Boss", I take back my previous remarks and apologize sincerely for them.

Spoiler Below
Not only was she awesome in rescuing the one-eyed friend, the hand embrace between her and Frankie was just wonderful. I'm glad to see some affection shown between the two of them.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:11 AM   #28
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
After watching "Bloo's the Boss", I take back my previous remarks and apologize sincerely for them.

Spoiler Below
Not only was she awesome in rescuing the one-eyed friend, the hand embrace between her and Frankie was just wonderful. I'm glad to see some affection shown between the two of them.

I take all this as being a problem with having different writers who have different ideas of what the characters should be like. I too get upset when they do things completely OUT of character, such as Madame Foster being anything but kind to Imaginaries and possibly causing their death. (Though perhaps that seems a bit extreme....)
I DO like when the characters show their faults but at the same time do thinkgs that make them lovable. I'm sure "Bloo's the Boss" is emphasizing that from what I've heard about it, so I know it's an episode I will probably love.

EDIT: Okay what I meant to explain in more depth, as I tend to be too vague at times, is that when the writers are writing "OOC", that refers to the way they change the character from the initial representation. M. Foster was supposed to be this very sweet lady who loves Imaginaries and cares for them (hence her huge house dedicated to them)who can have a wild, partying side. Okay,so great. But then a writer decides to have her do those two things alot of us are clearly and obviously not liking, releasing the balloon friends (when ballloons go up into the atmosphere, my friends, they POP. So you can surmise they did indeed expire) and then stealing Mac's tickets. You can't be a very good person after all if you'd do those things, and especially steal from a child. I can't see the humor in those scenes and I never will. That kind of shock-value is the only thing I DON'T like about Foster's, but clearly Craig & Co. are getting the idea, because lately you see a lot less of it! I'm adoring the team, in fact, for their efforts to please the fans, because it seems to me they really are listening.

Less crap, shock-value, and OOC nonsense, and more fun-loving, chaos-causing (you know who I speak of), friendship-emphasizing and all around Foster's magic. That's what we want.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)

Last edited by LaBlooGirl; 10-18-2006 at 06:16 AM.
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #29
Voxxyn
Banned

I hope that they HAVE learned their lesson and will stop using hurtful premises and ideas. "Bloo's the Boss" proves how great they can be without such.

After what Madame Foster did in that episode, I consider cutting the balloons in FGTE to be non-canon(Along with all of "Driving Miss Crazy", which has the absolute WORST portrayal of Frankie in the entire series so far).

Last edited by Voxxyn; 10-20-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:50 AM   #30
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
I hope that they HAVE learned their lesson and will stop using hurtful premises and ideas. "Bloo's the Boss" proves how great they can be without such.

After what Madame Foster did in that episode, I consider what she did in FGTE to be non-canon(Along with all of "Driving Miss Crazy", which has the absolute WORST portrayal of Frankie in the entire series so far).
AH is THAT the proper term for it? "Non-Canon?" I'll have to remember that. LOL I'm such a loser, I don't know all these terms. XD But thanks for indirectly enlightening me.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote