Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 01:56 AM   #1
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand
Default Mr Fancy Pants

Yeee! the beginning of a new fanfic! Now, this fic does feature prominently some OCs of mine (Slugger, who those of you who read my previous fics should be familiar with, and another I'm introducing here), but they're purely antagonists in nature, and in no way an attempt to steal spotlight from canon characters. Think of them as functioning in the same way as Richie in Hiccy Burps or Berry in Berry Scary. And if you find yourself unable to tolerate their presence, just wait 'till I start my next fanfic, and they'll be gone. Okay. Warning over. This fic was inspired by the Jonathan Coulton song of the same name.

Mr Fancy Pants

Title shot: A sheild with the title on it, with swords underneath.

Chapter 1: And It All Came Tumbling Down

It was a tower. It was a REALLY tall tower of cards. It towered high up in one of the random semi-unused rooms that Fosters has. It was almost up to the celing. And considering how ridiculously high the celings are at Fosters, that's pretty high. Eduardo, Wilt, Coco and Bloo were stacked on top of one another, and Bloo was just in the process of putting the final card on the tower. Before he could, a door opened, and Slugger came crawling in (if you haven't read my other fanfics, just picture a grey slug with bad teeth, and you're there). "Hey, guys! Nice card tower! Ooh, can I help?" he called.
"No!" said Bloo.
Ignoring him, Slugger proceeded to climb up the tower, which wobbled precariously as he did so. The other friends registered their protest.
"Ay! You gonna make 'em fall!"
"What are you, nuts!?"
"Cocococo!"
"Uh, I'm sorry, I don't think that's a good idea.."
"Aw, quit worrying! I'm an expert at stackin' cards!" assured Slugger, who reached the top and grabbed the card off of Bloo. He then put the card on top, long end up, where it stood. Slugger beamed. The top card then fell over, destabilising the tower and bringing it suddenly down with a FWOOSH! Bloo and the others fell over, cards flying everywhere, but noone was seriously injured. "I'm okay!" shouted Slugger, lying on his back. "I'm practically invulnerable!"

Bloo loomed over him. "Well, that's just great! We spent all morning making that tower and you come along and wreck it! Thanks a lot!" He then stormed out of the room, as did the others.
"Cococococo co!"
"Si, es stupido."
Wilt stayed behind to berate him some more. "I'm sorry, but that is not okay! We all spent a lot of time on that tower of cards, and then you go and break it! That's really inconsiderate of you!"
"Well, that's sympathy for you." Slugger muttered angrily, as he went to leave. "My creator dies horribly and what kinda treatment do I get?"
"Hold up! Your creator died?" Wilt asked.
"Oh, yes. Of....*sniff*...boneitis!" Slugger replied, looking suddenly very teary. "Oh, it was horrible!"
"Gee, I'm sorry. I didn't know." Wilt came up to comfort Slugger. "Let's go get you some lunch." he said, leading Slugger away. Slugger grinned.

"So, I gather by the look on your face that your card tower collapsed. I told you that design was flawed. If you'd have listened to me, you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble."
"Well, who asked you, Smarty Pants?" Bloo snapped at a green, monkey-like imaginary friend with big blue pants of the same design as the ones Mr Herriman wore on Adoptcalypse Now, which seemed to magically suspend themselves on his stick-thin body, with spherical hands (with fingers), and a roughly football-shaped head with glasses. He had a smug smirk on his face. "Well, noone did, that's the problem. Next time you want a real design, come to me." he answered and walked off. Bloo and the others entered the dining room for lunch, and sat down to eat. "Man, can you beleive that Smarty Pants? He's such a know-it-all!"
"Well, he is pretty smart" said Wilt.
"Si."
"Cococo cococo!" Coco added.
"Well, I'm glad SOMEONE agrees with me." Bloo said, relieved.
"Cococo!"
"Man, that's rough. Noone can classify you, Coco, it's part of your "mistique"!"
"Coco."
"Hey, Wilt! How come you're sitting with that sludgeball? He ruined our card tower!"
"Slugger's an okay person, Bloo. He just needs someone to be friendly to him."
"Ha! You hear that, Bloo? That means that Wilt likes ME better than YOU!"
"Uh, no it doesn't." Wilt argued.
"But we're still friends, right? RIGHT!?" asked Slugger, desperately.
"Uuuuuhhhhh....okay?"
"See, Slugger? Everyone loves the Blooster, cause I'm where it's at!"
"Uh, that's "Where it is.". The "at" is superfluous." Smarty Pants popped out of seemingly nowhere to interject, then left as quickly as he came.
"I'll superflous you!" Bloo called out after him. Then angrily returned to his seat, brooding.