Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

With the release of the fourth TMNT movie, I thought this would a great time to talk about TMNT in general.

Yes, I have seen the 1980's version of the show (I was young back then), but looking back at it, I find the show to be a bit boring.

So yeah, I prefer the 2003 version of TMNT over the 80's version.

As far as the turtles goes, I really like Leonardo and Rafael, and for favorite villains, it would have to be the Shredder or Agent Bishop.

So, feel free to post up your thoughts on TMNT.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

I grew up on the 80s cartoon so I love that. Looking back on it now, I know it was dorky as heck. But it was awesome in it's own way.

The first movie was my favorite. Nothing will ever compare to the awesomness of that film. The second one was good too, but nowhere near as great as the first. The third was mostly a disappointment and the only thing I liked about it was Casey Jones.

The new 2003 show... I was reluctant to watch it, but I figured I should if I was going to form an opinion of it. Plus I was finding a lot of TMNT fanfiction that were based on the new show and I wanted to understand the fanfiction. So I watched almost the whole thing (I'm on season 5). And I love it. My fav episode would be The Same as it Never Was. That was cool.

The new movie... anyone who has seen my posts can tell I'm a fan of the movie. Despite the plotholes and freaky CG people, I love that movie. Raph is my favorite turtle and I love how he was in the movie so much.
Worldwide TMNT has earned $31,504,341. It has almost earned back its $34 million production budget. It's nowhere near as close as the $135,265,915 gross that the first movie earned, but it's better than a lot of other CG movies that have been released.

<Click!

Last edited by Pawbah; 03-28-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Turtles rock :O I have the first season of the 1980's series on DVD (it's only like... 6 episodes XD)

I want to see the new movie but I can't find anyone to go see it with
Old 03-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Go alone; why miss a good movie for lack of company? I saw all three of the Lord Of The Rings movies by myself, and I've never regretted it.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Cowabunga! I'm a huge fan of TMNT. I was big on the 1980-90s cartoon series. I'm way behind on the 2003-present animated series, though.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I was a HUGE fan of the 80's series. I don't have any of the fanart I did of it anymore though. That was before I started keeping sketchbooks. Um, Rocksteady was my favorite character. I'm so predictable.

When we went to go visit my mom's family in New York the summer I was 12 (the biggest year of my TMNT fandom), my wee little cousin was totally in love with TMNT so I became his best friend. We played Turtles for like, 2 weeks solid. I was Donatello. In fact when he left he said "I love you, Donatello" to me because he didn't even know my real name.

I gave the movies a miss despite my fandom because I just...preferred them animated. And I have never even seen the 2003 series. I still don't know if I'm going to bother with the new movie. I'll likely just wait until it comes to TV, to be honest.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Hells yeah I LOVE the turtles. I've been out of whack with them ever since the crap ass new animated series came on, I really think it's a load of crap if you ask me, they absolutely BUTCHERED Shredder. But I've definitely loved it from the old school cartoon series, that's easily one of the best oldie cartoons.

All of the movies (sans the 3rd) are incredible. And don't believe any bad feedback, trust me, any Turtles fan of ANY era, day, or age will enjoy the new movie. I totally loved the Turtles in time super NES video game, I could play that for hours on end and it still feels fresh and fun.

I sadly have a REAL hard time picking favorite characters because I have way too many. My number one would have to be Shredder, one of the greatest comic book villains ever in my opinion. Other favs include Donatello, Slash, Baxter Stockmen, Tokka and Rahzar (I LUV THOSE 2 ), and Wingut.

And even though everyone pretty much bashed the hell out of this show, I still enjoyed Ninja Turtles: Next Mutation live action show. Mainly due to the fact it has my other favorite character, another villain portrayed for the first time EVER on screen in person by Scott McNeil, Simon Bonesteel.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #8
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I'm one of the blasphemous few who prefers the 03 series. I don't know what it is. It just works better for me. I find the stories more engaging, the animation more fluid and detailed, the characters more interesting, and the voice work to be top-notch. Well, the voice work on the 80s series was just as good, I'll say that. But I really love the new series.
Except for the Fast Forward stuff, what is up with that. My God, it's just horrible. Total wonknerded the entire flow of the 03 series, and is the biggest disgrace to the Turtles since the introduction of Venus De Milo.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #9
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I don't really consider Venus a disgrace, the concept of her being a female turtles is a disgrace. Considering the creators never wanted one but I liked Venus in the series. I liked how they portrayed her personality and it made her play off the other turtles well.

Plus, another reason I don't mind Venus is because this isn't the first time the TMNT shows have made a reptilian girlfriend for the turtles. In the 80s series cartoon, Raphael got his own love interest in Mona Lisa. A tadpole, frog looking female that aside from the species, is alot like how Venus is.

So, a female reptile to give the turtles a few googly eyes is certainly nothing new.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

All I know is that I'm really missing the missing season of the 03 Turtles. The one they made at the same time as Fast Forward. I still don't know what they were thinking with that one. However it wouldn't be the first apocryphal thing in Turtles canon if they plan on ditching the storyline.
I don't remember which but there's a whole arc in the comics that were canon until just a few years ago.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote