Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:50 PM   #81
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

I dunno whether to call myself a Bloo fangirl or not. Personally, I think he'd be a really cool buddy to hang with, but then sometimes every now and then my likness towards Bloo rises from friendship, to fangirlism, then friendship again. Eh well....
And goodness gracious great balls of fire, could you imagine how much worse Bloo would act if he had all the female attention that Wilt has? Oh goodness.....
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #82
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
And goodness gracious great balls of fire, could you imagine how much worse Bloo would act if he had all the female attention that Wilt has? Oh goodness.....
I wish he did have as many fangirls as Wilt, or more so. I truly wish it were so. *gets attacked by Wilt fangirls*
Old 09-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #83
Matchsticks
At Home
Comes from the brain-heart.  

I am sorta a Bloo fangirl. Though at times I wanna choke him.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #84
Amritama
Newly Abandoned

Send a message via AIM to Amritama

Bloo is (one of) my favorite imaginary friend in the show. He's self-centered, somewhat immature, and pretty much a huge jerk. He pretty much possesses all of the characteristics of an anti-hero (which is very rare to see in cartoons). And his character design certainly does help, but maybe that's just me. He's a character you find too cute to smack, even though he deserves to get clubbed by something.

Although I like Bloo, I wouldn't say I'm a fangirl. Heck, I'm not really a fangirl of anything (other than water, but that's because it's super helpful in labs).

Last edited by Amritama; 09-18-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Amritama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #85
Emma
Foster's Legend

I actually really glad Bloo doesn't have the same sort of star power that Wilt has, mainly because I don't really like fangirlism and there's already enough badfic featuring Bloo without adding an onslaught of Mary Sues.

Naturally, I wish the bashing wasn't as *ahem* harsh as it is. And as consistant. I mean, part of me (a small part) is actually dreading GWH because I know Bloo is going to say/do something which will insight a riot amongst the Wilt girls...of course, if he didn't, I'd be disappointed, because I enjoy his jerky moments. Just another one of those "can't have your cake and eat it too" moments.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #86
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Do that many people find Bloo to be a horrible nuinsance bent on making life miserable for those living at Foster's? I can't find anything wrong with him. I just want to see Bloo being loved, not hated. One of my friends dislikes him with great intensity because he was overly mean to Coco in Cuckoo for Coco Cards. (I've never seen it, but from what I've heard/read/seen of screen grabs, Bloo seemed extra jerky. Or is it jerkie? Hehe. Jerky. Beef jerky.) But isn't everybody a jerkface at some time or another? I don't understand how people can hate him, though I shouldn't be talking as I am no supporter of Goo...
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #87
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
Do that many people find Bloo to be a horrible nuinsance bent on making life miserable for those living at Foster's? I can't find anything wrong with him. I just want to see Bloo being loved, not hated. One of my friends dislikes him with great intensity because he was overly mean to Coco in Cuckoo for Coco Cards. (I've never seen it, but from what I've heard/read/seen of screen grabs, Bloo seemed extra jerky. Or is it jerkie? Hehe. Jerky. Beef jerky.) But isn't everybody a jerkface at some time or another? I don't understand how people can hate him, though I shouldn't be talking as I am no supporter of Goo...
It's "jerky". As for being loved, I understand that. However, people are going to dislike him (or any other character). It's the way things go. As I've mentioned before, most cartoon characters are jerks, especially characters, such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and others. Being a jerk is part Blooregard's personality. It's fine for one to dislike Bloo, but for the dumbest reasons -- I feel that I should respond to that. Reasons, such as "he was so nice in the pilot or Season One (there are plenty of episodes where he was being a jerk", argh..

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #88
Matchsticks
At Home
Comes from the brain-heart.  

I notice that he seems to get jerkier as the series goes on, at the begining he was sweet though kinda self-centered but now in season four he is starting to act like a jerk. I think it is because he is not able to spend as much time as he wants/should with Mac. I like it when Bloo is jerky though (even though I wanna pop him one) because he balances out Mac, Wilt, Coco and Ed. He is the healthy does of nitro

@Emma: I sorta hope Bloo does something that will cause a riot amongst the fangirls. It will be halrious to watch (both in GWH and amongst the fangirls) but I bet in the end (if Bloo does cause a riot) by the end of GWH he will make up for it.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:00 PM   #89
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Even if Bloo does do something obviously wrong, I'd still think he's right. I don't know why.

ORD, you have a funny avatar.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #90
Emma
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
It's "jerky". As for being loved, I understand that. However, people are going to dislike him (or any other character). It's the way things go. As I've mentioned before, most cartoon characters are jerks, especially characters, such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and others. Being a jerk is part Blooregard's personality. It's fine for one to dislike Bloo, but for the dumbest reasons -- I feel that I should respond to that. Reasons, such as "he was so nice in the pilot or Season One (there are plenty of episodes where he was being a jerk", argh..
I completely agree. I actually wrote a big long essay over at TV.com comparing Bloo to Daf, but that thing's so old I don't think it'd be in my best interest to post it here.

In response to Matchsticks, it would be hilarious. But I just feel bad for my poor fingers -- they're going to be worked to the bone if I have to type out why Bloo shouldn't be evicerated and strung up in town square for all to see...over and over.