Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #41
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccook50 View Post
I want to go back to San Diego sometime in the future but only because I lived in the area as a kid (Escondido, specifically) and want to spend a little time out there. But if a ka-jillion people are going to make an event pre-registering for 2012's convention, they can have it. I'll spend the time seeing sights, revisiting old neighborhoods and scaring up a dear friend of mine in Escondido.
Ccook, I am with ya on that one. After the way they did pre-register for next year, and the jacked up prices - this year was my LAST Con. I will be going next year (to be with those who still go, but when they are not at the Convention Center), but only to enjoy San Diego's other wonderful sights. I was stationed there, and I too know where to enjoy myself.

Last edited by Howard; 07-28-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #42
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I'm pre-registered with Preview Night. All shall envy me.

Last night in the city tonight; my plane departs at 1:20 Pacific Time tomorrow, with a layover in Detroit. I should be home early Saturday morning Eastern Time. I'm assuming there won't be any significant delays. Been a heck of a vacation. Right now I'm going to log off and go seek dinner and adventure... probably more of the former than the latter but one never knows.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #43
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I'm pre-registered with Preview Night. All shall envy me.

Last night in the city tonight; my plane departs at 1:20 Pacific Time tomorrow, with a layover in Detroit. I should be home early Saturday morning Eastern Time. I'm assuming there won't be any significant delays. Been a heck of a vacation. Right now I'm going to log off and go seek dinner and adventure... probably more of the former than the latter but one never knows.
Have a safe flight home.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #44
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Packed and ready to go... ready as I'll ever be, at least. Given the option, I'd rather stay here, which is why I keep playing Powerball.

More stories to come next week. I'll check in when I get home, which should be around 1:00 AM Eastern Time, early Saturday morning. See y'all then.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #45
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Have a safe trip back east.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #46
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Con, ORD...though I certainly don't envy you having to stand in that line for the pre-reg. It really just seems to get crazier every year, the rush for those. And that lass with the bra-less outfit? She had guts, I'll give her that!
I see you had a busy time getting to meet with some more famous faces, and that was cool you getting to meet Khaki and Lori again. Hope Lauren was able to get that MLP poster, you'd think she'd be entitled to one. Nice to hear that the Bloo costume's still as popular as ever, too.

Cass and Howard - Good to hear that you were part of the experience again too, aside from the aforementioned pre-reg chaos. I'm gutted that it was your last Con though Howard, but I understand your reasons for it. Glad I was able to meet up with you there last year.

I've already said this to ORD, but I have pencilled myself in for the 2013 Con. Just putting it out there.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #47
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebottleFlyer View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed the Con, ORD...though I certainly don't envy you having to stand in that line for the pre-reg. It really just seems to get crazier every year, the rush for those. And that lass with the bra-less outfit? She had guts, I'll give her that!
I see you had a busy time getting to meet with some more famous faces, and that was cool you getting to meet Khaki and Lori again. Hope Lauren was able to get that MLP poster, you'd think she'd be entitled to one. Nice to hear that the Bloo costume's still as popular as ever, too.

Cass and Howard - Good to hear that you were part of the experience again too, aside from the aforementioned pre-reg chaos. I'm gutted that it was your last Con though Howard, but I understand your reasons for it. Glad I was able to meet up with you there last year.

I've already said this to ORD, but I have pencilled myself in for the 2013 Con. Just putting it out there.
On positive note BBF, I will be in San Diego every Con Year, but I will not attend. I will see you if you come in 2013.

Last edited by Howard; 07-29-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #48
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebottleFlyer View Post
If nothing else, the pre-reg experience makes for an interesting story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Have a safe trip back east.
I did. The trip was free of incidents, although we were stuck on the plane for a short time when we landed in Detroit. Seems that we arrived 15 minutes early and they weren't ready for us.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #49
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
On positive note BBF, I will be in San Diego every Con Year, but I will not attend. I will see you if you come in 2013.
That's great. If I can get over, I'll be sure to track you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
If nothing else, the pre-reg experience makes for an interesting story.
That I don't doubt.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #50
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

KNX in Los Angeles says that Comic-Con will stay in San Diego through 2016 at least. There had been rumors it would relocate to either Los Angeles or Las Vegas.