Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
RisanF
Newly Abandoned

Lightbulb Story Idea: Gauntlet of Dogma (featuring Goo)

Hello, it's RisanF, here to share my idea for a FHFIF fanfic.

Since Goo was added to the cast of characters, I've kept an eye out for her, since I tend to write about misunderstood, oddball characters. Imagine my disappointment upon watching "Neighbor Pains", where Goo becomes incredibly mean and dogmatic out of the blue. I've thought about it, and I've decided I really want to learn to like Goo again, since she still has potential, and since writers are just now starting to come out with decent IC fanfics featuring her. And so I've come up with an idea that works with both the mean and nice aspects of Goo:

Gauntlet of Dogma

The story opens up on another Adopt-a-Thon Saturday, with Goo once again running the show with an iron fist. This time, however, Mac decides to make a stand against Goo's authority, which leads to many confrontations between the two kids. The strife between them escalates, until it is decided that their differences can only be settled with a dramatic duel to the death. As the residences look on, the two meet upon the roof of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and stare each other down.

For the duel, Bloo has transmogrified his gelatinous from into a Buster Sword for Mac's use. (he had to bribe Bloo into helping him, since Bloo is now convinced he is a bishonen, cold-hearted anti-hero) Goo, conversely, bases her fighting style on her ability to create imaginary weapons at will. With Final Fantasy VII's "One Winged Angel" playing in the background, the two go for it, with Goo giving Mac 110% of the daily reccomended mean!Goo persona. But Mac just laughs crazily, saying that nothing she does can faze him, since he hangs out with people like Bloo all the time.

Mac goes increasing nuts, and the fight escalates into a no-holds-barred brawl. The Foster house undergoes intensive damage, and is on the verge of falling apart. "You know why I'm doing this?! You know why I'm doing this?! Because I LIKE YOU!!!" he hollers out, knocking Goo off the building with a final swing of his bloo blade. He laughs insanely as Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends sinks into the ground.

Admist the rubble of Foster's, Mac and Goo walk up to each othe after the duel, with Goo making an ironic comment on how weird Mac is. Out of the blue, Mac then asks Goo to be his girlfriend! The truth is revealed: Mac was only challanging Goo's authority to make sure that he could love Goo even when she was at her worst, and the battle showed him that he could. Goo accepts, and the two work together on a fundraiser to repair the broken Foster house. (and pay back the money Mac owes Goo, with interest)

I'm thinking I'd like to interspace flashbacks between the different parts of the story, feeaturing Mac having pleasent interactions with Goo, since he'll be fighting with her for the majority of the story. The flashbacks will be all spoken dialogue, and typed in italics.

So what do you think of my idea?
RisanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

No offense, but the whole "Goo vs. Mac" scenario is quite similar to the the premise of "Make Believe It or Not". The main thing that seems to be different is that in your fanfic, Mac and Goo really DO square off, for real, not as pretend characters. The whole "duel to the death" thing between two young children just sounds a bit extreme. You do not make any delineation between whether some of this conflict/battle is make-believe, or real, but I'm assuming it's more "AU", since Bloo does not really have the ability to "transmogrify" into anything. It's also difficult to believe that the responsible adults, i.e. Frankie, Wilt and Mr. Herriman, would allow two children to "duel to the death" on top of the house. I know that this IS fanFICTION, but I guess I just have problems when the characters in a fanfic are very out-of-character and can do things that they can't actually do on the series. I also have some major problems with romance between two young children; I mean, Mac is nine at the most, and Goo probably isn't much older. It's really impossible to think of a third-grader seriously having a girlfriend or really being in love, as in way beyond an innocent childhood crush. I'm with Frankie as per "Squeeze the Day" on this one: little kids need to enjoy being little kids and doing fun kid things while they have the chance, since adulthood with all its "baggage", including serious relationships and all the good AND the bad that they can bring, will come soon enough. Child characters should be allowed to BE children, not just small adults. In addition, anything that promotes a certain romantic pairing or "'shipping" between two characters on the show, whether it's a fanfic or art or whatever, really is more or less "taboo" on this forum, due to the controversial nature. Generally, if you have a fan-created work that involves romance between two of the characters, it's best just to post a link to where it can be seen or read off-forum, with a statement that it involves a particular pairing, provided that the work would be "rated" no higher than "PG".

Ultimately, it's still your fanfic, but you asked for opinions and I gave you mine.

By the way, the word "dogma" refers to established religious practices, rituals and beliefs, so I have to wonder just how that figures into the story.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

All I have to say to all that is....

What?
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 01:00 PM   #4
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend