Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
Lucca
Newly Abandoned

Default Foster's McDonalds Happy Meal Toys

So sorry about the horrible pun, you'll have to forgive the new kid. Anyway, as the title hints at, McDonald's (starting today) is featuring Cartoon Network character toys in their happy meals. Unfortunately, there are only two Foster's toys, (Bloo and Wilt) and all the toys are back to school themed (in other words, most of them feature pencils XD). I was a bit surprised that it wasn't Burger King this time, but I think this might be due to Mattel and Macdonald's long time partnership (and Mattel wants to promote it's new CN line, I'm sure). Anyway, you can see get a glimpse of what they look like over here: (by the way, I saw them at a US Mcdonald's, I'm not sure if the promotion is available in other countries)
http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/#Toys

Last edited by Lucca; 08-31-2007 at 07:59 AM.
Lucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

(In case anyone's having trouble with Flash like I was or doesn't want to navigate all the way to the images, here's Wilt and here's Bloo)

I'm surprised that they're suddenly with McDonald's but I'm sure you're right, I think Mattel does always go with McDonald's...too bad there's only 2 toys, but on the other hand perhaps we should be glad there's more than one. Thanks for the head's up!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

So I'm not the only one having trouble with Flash? My computer absolutely refuses to download the new Flash player, and it says that Internet Explorer is what's not allowing it to download. Maybe I can try downloading it with Netscape...

Anyway, thanks for posting the pics, Sparky. What exactly is the Wilt figurine-an eraser, or what? He looks sorta strange with all-white boots, no scars and a red wristband, nothing that a little Testor's model enamel paint can't fix, though. I checked out the McDonald's in Bishopville, but all they had were "Camp Lazlo" toys. I'll try to hit Hartsville and maybe Florence's McDonald's tomorrow, while I'm hunting for the Foster's calendar(s).

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Default On The McDonald's Drive Thru Menu Sign...

...I saw Bloo. No joke.

I was going to Arby's with Mom for dinner, and as we entered, I looked at the Drive Thru Menu from McDonald's. And lookie lookie, Bloo was on the sign, holding a fork in one blobbish hand, and maybe a small thing of fries in the other. His tongue was sticking out of his mouth. (No, he wasn't drooling or anything) I wasn't close enough to know everything, but Mom and I saw it by the time we left Arby's.

Sadly, we didn't miraculously have a digital camera with us.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Well that's because McDonald's now has Cartoon Network toys, as mentioned in a thread in the Company Store section...

But I don't think I'm willing to go to the McDonald's drive-through to get a photo. Anyone else up for it?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Darn. I'm sorry. I had gotten home not too long ago and couldn't get on to see the thread as it was stormy out and we arn't allowed on computers on storms, and I was just too excited to browse first.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I'll see if I can get a pic; the sign on the Bishopville, SC, McDonald's has both Bloo AND Wilt on it, as well as the other CN characters, but Bloo is in the center and is the largest.

pitbulllady
Old 09-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #8
narfcake
Newly Abandoned

'twas parked right in front of one earlier (when it's 110 degrees out, you want a shady parking spot under a tree, even if you're going to another store), but alas, I didn't have my camera ...
narfcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Here's the pic of Bloo from the drive-thru menu at the Florence, SC, McDonald's, where I also FINALLY found the Wilt figurine...

and here's the promo poster in the window of the Hartsville, SC, McDonald's...poor Wilt, once again he's reduced to the Headless Imaginary Friend due to his height, lol!

pitbulllady
Old 09-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

The first one was what I saw.

Well, at least Wilt is actually *posing*. Lol.

Last edited by antgirl1; 09-02-2007 at 05:58 PM.