Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default 2008 Calendar

I was glad to find the 2008 Foster's calendar at a Calendar Club (or one of those stores) today at the mall. I'd been seeing the calendar for sale on eBay for a couple months, and I was afraid that would be the only way to get one. But no, they're available in shops. Just wanted to let you guys know so you can keep an eye out.

I scanned the back of the thing to show you guys the little thumbnails of all the different months, but my scanner software saw all the individual images and decided to scan them all separately...lol, oh well. So here's most of the months (June and August didn't scan right for some reason). *edit: June and August have been added There's also cute images at the bottoms of the actual calendar pages.

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

plus the first page, which has the last four months of '07 on the bottom half.

By the way, I don't usually gripe too much about the way Frankie is portrayed on merchandise, but...she appears 5 times here (4 in months and once at the bottom of a calendar page) and EVERY time, she's pissed off! Note once does she look happy. Geez. You'd think ONE time she'd be smiling...I do get the feeling that the people who put the merchandise together have some notes or something they follow on how to portray the characters, and Frankie's says, "She always looks harassed." Sorry for the mini-rant.

Last edited by Sparky; 08-31-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: add June and August
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Cool, you purchased the calendar! D'oh, I don't get to see June (my birth month). That's all right, though. I'll get the calendar eventually.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Oh I thought I remember you saying you got it already..oh well. Yeah I'll try to get better scans of the individual months eventually (they won't be complete height-wise though because it won't all fit into my scanner), plus the characters on the bottom calendar pages.

June has Mr Herriman looking stern (exactly the same picture of him as from September in fact), but this time he's reprimanding Mac and Bloo; August has Ed, Bloo, and Mac laughing at Coco, who's sipping from a teacup held in her foot. That one's a little odd; I guess they just find the sight of her drinking from a cup held in her foot funny. They should see Kiwi eat stuff out of her feet.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
By the way, I don't usually gripe too much about the way Frankie is portrayed on merchandise, but...she appears 5 times here (4 in months and once at the bottom of a calendar page) and EVERY time, she's pissed off! Note once does she look happy. Geez. You'd think ONE time she'd be smiling...I do get the feeling that the people who put the merchandise together have some notes or something they follow on how to portray the characters, and Frankie's says, "She always looks harassed." Sorry for the mini-rant.
At least she's part of the merchandise for a change (that's a hint, Hot Topic!). Looks good, and I'll no doubt buy one, but like the last two years I'll be making a dedicated Frankie calendar of my own.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

LOL at Wilt on November. Honestly, look at his FACE.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

OOoooooh, thanks for the info, Sparky! I've seen this on eBay and was thinking of getting one eventually. Last year I was thinking of creating my own Foster's calender with screen caps (including some, if not most, from here!), since online photo albums usually have an option to buy a calender with your own pictures. When I saw this, I thought Cool! Maybe I don't have to make one after all! But I'm irked too at Frankie being mad in all the shots. Why is Frankie's image being portrayed like that? I don't think she's upset on the show even half of the time. Why does society want her mad and upset? Yeah, that irritates me. I might make my own after all, so I can choose my favorite pictures to be in it, but I'll need to think about it some more.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
I know ant, I call that image "the one with stoned Wilt". It's the image on the front of the new hoodie at HT and everything. Lol.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

That's pretty cool! Thanks for posting it, Sparky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
XD

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Wow! They all look nice, but wait where's June?

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #10
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash-N-Cortex View Post
Wow! They all look nice, but wait where's June?
Reading Is Fundamental.

Last edited by Sparky; 08-28-2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: I like this answer better