Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand
Default Bloogio: King of Fosters (Not a crossover!)

I have been silent for too long! About 4 or 5 days. But for me, that's too long. And I know of at least 2 people who are looking forward to seeing more of my fanfic. So, first off, this fanfic is not a crossover, nor does it have anything to do with cards. The title IS relevant, and despite the confusion I knew it would engender, it was just too awesome in my opinion to pass up. You'll find out how it's relevant pretty soon. I also thought, after my last fic which updated around a chapter per day, that I needed to think my ideas out a tad more before posting them here. So I did, and this is what you get:

Title shot: Episode title on a gold and silver plaque, on blue background

Chapter 1: A Herri Problem

Mr Herriman bounced up the hall to his office, fresh from breakfast, and humming. He opened the door, entered the room, and paused before his desk. "Ah, a new day full of possibilities. Perhaps I shall be able to complete the tax returns today." he claimed contentedly, and hopped over to his desk, sat behind it, and began to arrange papers. When he had the relevant documents on his desk to his satisfaction, he pulled out a quill pen and made to write. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! came a sudden rapping at his office door.
"Come in." instructed Mr Herriman, slightly irritated. In bustled Duchess, followed closely by Bloo, carrying a paddleball.
"Herriman!" yelled Duchess "That tiny blue moron is making a nuisance of himself! How can I get my beauty sleep with that incessant paddle-swinging noise! I ask of you!"
"I was playing paddleball three rooms down from you!"
"Well, you were making enough noise for a herd of elephants!"
"I'll paddleball where I please!"
"Miss Duchess! Master Blooreguard! Be quiet, the both of you! Now, it is apparent that, in the interest of avoiding conflict, Master Blooreguard can play his paddleball elsewhere." Mr Herriman stated.
"But, Mr Herriman-"
"My decision is final. Now if you two would be so kind, I have work to do."
With Duchess smirking and Bloo looking sour, the two left the room, closing the door behind them.
"Now, where was I?"
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!
"Enter."
In came Smarty Pants (an OC from a previous fanfic. Look, he's not really that important) with a petulant look on his face.
"Mr Herriman, the state of this house's library is appalling. Now ASIDE from the troubling lack of a decent fantasy and science fiction section, the orginisation is atrocious. I-"
"Could you get to the point, Master Smarty Pants?"
"Well, it's all here in this 50 page proposal I wrote out." he dumped a large wad of papers on Mr Herriman's desk. "I'm sure that, after reading this, you will agree that-"
"Yes, yes yes." Mr Herriman muttered as he forced Smarty Pants to the door. "Very good. Uplifting to see a freind with such dedication to the house, etcetera, etcetera, now, if you'll excuse me..." at which point he shoved Smarty Pants out the door and slammed it shut behind him.

Unfortunately, Mr Heriman had no sooner reached his desk again when he was interrupted. This annoying trend persisted long into the day.

"Sissors poked me!"
"No, I didn't!"

"Foul Larry is being mean!"

"Stripy freind smash Red flowers!"

"And so, I really need a step-ladder for the bathroom-"
"Enough!" Mr Herriman screamed at Crackers. He then hopped over to the intercom, and yelled through it "Attention all residents! Mandatory House meeting in the play room in five minutes! An important announcement!"

The play room was not really a room for playing in. It was, rather, a room with a large stage, and enough room for hundreds in the audience, so long as the audience didn't mind standing. (Seen in, for example, Berry Scary. The place where the giant rubber-band ball was revealed.) All the friends of the house gathered to hear this "important announcement" Mr Herriman spoke of. The crowd was fairly thick, and although all the Fosters Five were there, only Wilt could see the stage. (Incidentally, Slugger was bouncing up and down in an attempt to see. Who's Slugger? Another unimportant OC of mine from a previous fanfic)
"Oh, I'm sorry." Said Wilt to Mac, bending down. "Wanna lift?" Mac climbed onto Wilt's shoulders and Wilt stood up again to full height, so that they both had a good view as Mr Herriman hopped across the stage up to the podium.
"Order! Settle down, people!" he ordered through the microphone. Once the dull buzz of conversation (and actual buzzing of imaginary bees) died down, he continued. "Fellow house residents. It has recently come to my attention that the house population, at current, is too large for me to adequately fulfil my role of House President alone. In order for me to be able to manage the finances of this house, I must seek a representative to take care of mundane house disputes and desicions in my stead. Therefore, I am instating the official position of King of Fosters." This led to much murmuring among the crowd. "Whoever takes on this grave responsibility shall be subordinate to the House President, and shall be charged with maintaining order in the house so that the President is free to occupy himself with higher affairs. All residents of the house shall have to obey the decrees of the King, or be subject to the most abominable punishment known to Fosters."
"Expulsion?"
"Mucking out the unicorn stables?"
"Feeding the Extremasaurs?"
"No." said Mr Herriman gravely "A fate far worse. They will be responsible for keeping out and cleaning up after....Master Cheese." he then lifted a leg to reveal Cheese hugging it, saying "Preeeetty mousey."
"Who gets to be king?" cried Bloo "I got dibs!"
"The position of King of Fosters shall be decided by popular vote. Only imaginary friends need apply. The elections shall be in two days time. Nominations should be submitted to my office before that time. That is all."
"Well, Wilt's got my vote!" called out an anonymous imaginary friend.
"Me too!" it was seconded.
This was met with general agreement among the friends gathered. Wilt looked modest. "Me? I'm sure someone else deserves the position way more than-"
"Cococococo!"
"You really mean that?"
"Of course we mean that! You would make a muy bueno King, Wilt!"
"Well, you can't be King, cause I'm gonna be King!" announced Bloo.
"Okay, Bloo. I'm sure the best freind will be the one the house votes for." replied Wilt, as he, Coco and Eduardo, walked off to Mr Herriman's office.
"I beleive you can be King, Bloo!" Mac stated. "How about I be your campaign manager? When you get in, I can help you with your job."
"Help me how?"
"You know, solve disputes, make the decisions..."
"Then what'll I do?"
"You'll take the glory."
"Sweet! That's a great idea, Mac! Together, noone can stop us! We'll squash Wilt like a bug!......Uh, no offence, Joey."
"*sigh*..........none taken." said a large, gross, insectoid friend behind them.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Hey, that's pretty cool! You're doing a great job so far, and the plot is really clever but...

I don't think Mac, even though Bloo IS his best friend, would help Bloo over Wilt. King of Fosters sounds like a pretty big title, so I would have thought that Mac would think, being the more responisible and wiser candidate of the two, it'd be best if Wilt won. But hey, it's just my opinion.

I can't wait to see the rest of the story!

Last edited by Vampyre; 06-12-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Oh yeah, they automatically pick Wilt...Why am I not surprised? XD

Good story so far! Love to see more!
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:39 AM   #4
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

Whoo, that was a little longer break between chapters than I thought! So, yeah, who WOULDN'T want Wilt as their King. Pandering to his legions of fangirls aside, I know I would! In response to Vampyre's comment, I think that Mac would support Bloo, even if he knew that Bloo wasn't strictly speaking the best for the job, if he didn't consider it to be much of a big deal. It's not that he doesn't think Wilt would be better, it's just personal loyalties. And of course, your opinion is a highly valid one, but the way I made it turn out is almost as valid, and I thought it would be better for the story. Speaking of which:

Chapter 2: Bloo/Mac 2007

Mac and Bloo came walking down the hall. Mac had a bucket in his hand full of rolled up posters and Bloo had a roll of sticky tape. Mac put the bucket down, pulled out a poster, unrolled it, and put it up against the wall. The poster had a picture of Bloo on it, in Uncle Sam outfit, and pointing angrily at the observer. The text read simply: Bloo/Mac 2007. Bloo then proceeded to tape the poster to the wall. Frankie, who had come wandering by, stopped to chat with them. "Going for the whole "King of Fosters" thing, huh, Bloo? This is just like the time I ran for House President."
"Yeah, actually, we're trying to avoid comparisons to that."
Meanwhile, upstairs, Coco, Wilt and Eduardo were working on their campaign. Coco layed an egg, and kicked it off the stairs, so that it hit the celing and cracked open. Thousands of "Vote for Wilt" fliers rained down on the foyer, which was full of friends.
"Hey, no fair!" yelled Bloo.
"Don't worry, Bloo. I've got an idea that's waaay better than fliers." replied Mac.

"Vote for Bloo! Free peppermint brownies! Vote for Bloo!" Mac called, as Bloo handed out said peppermint brownies to the general population of the house. He handed one to The New Guy. "There you go, my fine.....uh, whatever you're supposed to be. Vote for Bloo!"
"Hey, Bloo." said Smarty Pants "I appreciate free brownies, but if I vote for you, what're your policies?"
"What're my policies?" Bloo retorted, exaggeratedly, "You think I don't know my own policies? I will let you know, sir, that I know my policies." Mac then surreptitiously handed his some peices of card. "They're all here on these cards." Bloo finished smugly, brandishing the cards. Mac hit his own head in embarrasment.
"Lesse here...my policies are to restock the library, fix the leaky plumbing on the fifth floor....charity work...hey! All these policies suck!" Bloo lept up on an ornamental coffee table. "If I am elected, chores will be a thing of the past! A jetcar in every bedroom, and the whole house will be clothes optional!" This was met with cheers, except for Mac, who reminded Bloo "The house already IS clothes optional!"
"Then why are you still wearing THAT? I mean, seriously, who dresses you, your mom?"
"Hey, look!" someone yelled, pointing at Wilt, Eduardo and Coco, who had a table with a gigantic, multi-tiered chocolate cake. Everyone rushed over to them.
"Oh, so it's war, huh?" growled Bloo "Well, I have not yet begun to campagan!"
"That's campaign." cut in Smarty Pants
"Shut up, you!"

"Come on, Madame Foster! Shake my hand!"
"Oh, no ya don't! I ain't falling for that again! Fool me once, shame on Bloo, fool me twice, shame on City Hall!" Madame Foster said defiantly, walking briskly away from Bloo, who dived to the floor and grabbed her legs.
"But I gotta shake hands with old people, and Frankie already said no!"
"Not gonna happen, bub!" she yelled, freeing herself from Bloo's grasp, and walking off.
"Okay, Mac, I didn't want to do this, but he's forced my hand."

"Mmmmmwah!" Bloo kissed Big Baby, right on the cheek, who then dissolved into bawling. "Oh, come on! it was just a kiss! Don't be such a....well..." he then got a smack in the head from Coco, who was there with Wilt and Eduardo.
"Cococo!"
"What? I was not harassing him! Er, her...it."
"You can give me a kiss if you want, Bloo." said Eduardo.
"Eduardo, my man! Can I rely on your vote?" Bloo asked, pinning a "Bloo 2007" button onto Eduardo, eliciting a yelp.
"But....I thought that Senor Wilt would be a better King."
"Come on, Eduardo! If I'm elected King, we can have round the clock exterminators! Think of it! You'd never have to see a slimy, disgusitng bug again in your life!......No offence Joey."
"Once again......none taken." said Joey despondently.
"Waaagh! Insecto!" cried Eduardo, who ran off in terror.
"Why do they always scream?" asked Joey.

Screeeeeeech! Went the microphone in the play room, as Mr Herriman adjusted it. "Ahem. As you all know, today is the day of the elections for King of Fosters. I suggest you choose wisely, for the person you choose will have a great deal of power over you. I only hope that you make the right choice and choose someone responsible for the job. All nominees have the opportunity to make a short speech before the polls are opened. Master Wilt?"
Wilt tried to adjust his microphone so that he could speak while standing, but settled for just adjusting it as high as it could go, and bending down a little.
"Uhhhh....hi! I'm Wilt! Uh....I guess you already know that....Well...I think I should be King of Fosters because the psoition's all about helping people. And I love helping people. I know each and every one of you by name, and I know you're all great people. Even those of you who are...not so great."
"Get on with it!" shouted Duchess.
"Sorry. Well, yeah. I think I'd make a great King for Fosters. I'd do my best to live up to the responsibility, and help make Fosters the best place for imaginary friends! So vote for me! ......uh, if that's okay."

The friends then turned their attention to Little Lincon, who was sitting in Moose's pocket, with the mic adjusted to his level. "My fellow Imaginary Friends! I know I may have done you wrong in the past, but if elected, I assure you I will not enslave the lot of you for my own personal gain-" at this point there was a lot of booing coming at him form the audience, and a tomato was thrown at him. "Get us outta here you moron!" he yelled at Moose, who then retreated backstage.

So it was Bloo's turn to speak. "Friends! I think it's pretty obvious to you who you should vote for here! Me! Cause I am the awesomest candidate here! If you vote for me, I promise non-stop partying! All hours access to the kitchen! And a thousand elephants!" this was met with much cheering.
"Now," remarked Mr Herriman, "If all the candidates have said their peice-"
"Ahem!" shouted Slugger "I haven't said MY peice yet!"
"........Must you?"
"Yes!.....My friends" he began lightly "Unlike my fellow candidates, I cannot make you crazy promises like "Awesome" or "Justice" or "Not enslaving you all", but I CAN promise you that I will be me. And I am more important than anything. So vote for me! It's me!"
"Well, if you're quite done," Mr Herriman said snarkily "let the voting begin!"

A convinent amount of time later...
"The votes have been tabulated!" Frankie announced. "The votes stand thus: As the grand loser, with only one vote, Slugger!"
"What!? I was robbed!"
"The next lowest was Little Lincon, with two votes! Next came Bloo, with three votes! After that was Zigzag, with twenty votes-"
"Zigzag!" cried Bloo in disbelief, "Who the heck is Zigzag?"
"And, well......all the rest of the votes go to Wilt. Congradulations, Wilt!"
"Oh yeah!" cried Wilt, jumping into the air with glee. He then seemed to regain his composure. "Sorry."
Old 06-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
After that was Zigzag, with twenty votes-"
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Another great chapter, dude! XDD
Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Whoo, that was a little longer break between chapters than I thought! So, yeah, who WOULDN'T want Wilt as their King. Pandering to his legions of fangirls aside, I know I would! In response to Vampyre's comment, I think that Mac would support Bloo, even if he knew that Bloo wasn't strictly speaking the best for the job, if he didn't consider it to be much of a big deal. It's not that he doesn't think Wilt would be better, it's just personal loyalties. And of course, your opinion is a highly valid one, but the way I made it turn out is almost as valid, and I thought it would be better for the story.
Yeah, you're right, sorry about that. I mean, Mac probably WOULD help Bloo, out of loyalty, after all, they ARE best friends. Sorry, again.

Quote:
"After that was Zigzag, with twenty votes-"
*drops her cookie*

... Was that a coincidence, or did my OC just make a technical cameo?

Heh heh, awesome chapter! I can't wait for an update!
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

Hehehehe.....campagan......Awesome chapter I can't wait for the next one!

Oh, and yay for Vampyre and Zigzag's popularity!
FailedShapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #8
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

Yeah, I did use your character, Vampyre. I hope that's okay. I personally think that, despite first impressions, Zigzag is an interesting and three-dimensional character. And it's always fun to drop a reference, just to keep you all on your toes. It's kinda amazing the characters I can manage to pop in there, I never imagined I would have Little Lincon in one of my fics, but he was so right for this one. And Cheese! I just noticed that all my fanfics have Cheese in them! It's not intentional! He just fits!

Okay, rant over.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:27 AM   #9
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

Okay, sorry bout that non-update tease the other day. I was GONNA do another chapter, but realised that I simply didn't have the time. But I do now:

Chapter 3: Wilt's the Boss

The friends were gathered in the play room for the official corronation of Wilt as King of Fosters. The stage had a large ornate chair for a throne on it, and all the friends in the house were gathered in the audience to witness it (on the grounds that there really wasn't much better to do). Wilt sat on the throne while Mr Herriman made to place a relatively small gold crown on his head. "And with this I cede to you the title of King of Fosters. Whosoever holds this crown will hold the authority and responsibility that entails." He then hopped off to finish his paperwork. A cheer rose up from the crowd, along with a chanting of "Speech! Speech! Speech!"
"Well, I don't have anything planned but....." Wilt said, standing up to his full height. "I'd like to thank you all for voting me in. And I'll do my best to live up to the resposnsibility given to me. So, I guess I'd better get to work right now!" All the friends cheered.
"Y'know, 'Wilt, what you need is a couple of baliffs." said Smarty Pants, lifting himself up on stage to talk to Wilt.
"What's a baliff?"
"Someone who can help organise and enforce your edicts. Some one wise, trustworthy and-"
"Hey, Eduardo! Coco! Wanna be my baliffs?"
"Sure."
"Coco."
"Yeah, whatever." said Smarty Pants dejectedly, and wandered off. Coco, on the other hand, walked up to the stage and shouted "Coco! Cococo coco coco!" at which the freinds either walked off to go about their business, or formed a single file line to see Wilt. Eduardo and Coco took up position to either side of Wilt.
"Cococo coco!"
Two small cute friends walked up to Wilt.
" Your highness" one of them said "we need your desicion on who this peice of cake belongs to. I say it belongs to me."
"But I say it's my peice of cake!" interjected the other friend.
"Wilt, you know it it's my cake, don't you?"
"Wilt, you would never call me a liar, would you?"
Wilt's one good eye moved nervously from one friend to the next, back to the first. This repeated for a good five minutes. Then Wilt stood up.
"I have made my desicion! And that desicion is.....IabdicatethethronetoEduardo!" he blurted, putting the crown on Eduardo's head and running off, out of the room. "Sorry!"

There was a stunned silence among everyone still in the room for quite some time. Then Eduardo seemed to pull himself together, and slowly walked to the throne and sat down. "Ahehem!" he cleared his throat. "I decree, the cake shall be cut in half, and both friends shall recieve a equal slice." Which was met by much cheering. Both of the feuding friends seemed happy at this.
"Thank you King Eduardo!" one said "Now we both get cake, and can stop this silly fight and get back to being friends!"
"No need to thank me." said Eduardo solemly "I is just doing my job."

Meanwhile, in Bloo's room. Bloo was lying face-down on his bed. Mac was standing next to him, trying to talk sense into him.
"Come on Bloo, quit being such a baby! So you lost! Big deal! You should be happy for Wilt!"
"Oh, yeah! And I guess I'll never see him around cause he'll be to buuusyyy to play with us!"
At that moment, Wilt walked into the room. "Hey guys."
"Hey Wilt." replied Bloo, distractedly. "Wilt! What're you doing here? What, aren't you too busy with your new job?"
"Uh, well, you see, the thing about that is...I kinda...quit?"
"What?" cried Mac.
"I'm sorry, Mac, but I had to choose which friend got a piece of cake and they were looking at me with the puppy dog eyes, and I couldn't really choose so I jussst......quit."
"Then who's got the position of King of Fosters?"
"I kinda.......gave it to Eduardo."
"Eduardo?" both Bloo and Mac incredulously and simultaneously cried out.
"Sorry."
"But Eduardo can't handle a responsibility like this!" Mac exclaimed "He'll totally flip out!"
"Hey, you guys gotta have a little more faith in Eduardo! I'm sure he'll make a great King!"
"Yeah, right. I'll give you five minutes before he makes some stupid decree." announced Bloo, snarkily.
KNOCK! KNOCK! came a knock at the door. Wilt opened it to reveal Jackie Khones standing outside with a peice of paper in his hands, which he read from.
"Attention. By royal decree of his Highness, King Eduardo Uno, all residents of Fosters are hereby required to wear shinguards and helmets at all times. Please report to the fourth floor utility closet to obtain your protecctive gear. Thank you and have a nice day." all said in typical Khones monotone.
"Well, that was fast." Bloo noted.
"Well, come on, Bloo. We better go get our stuff." said Wilt.
"You kidding? I wouldn't be caught dead in that getup."
"Bloo, you better do as Edurdo says." warned Mac "You don't wanna end up Cheese-sitting, do you?"
Bloo scowled, but followed the others to the utility closet, mumbling.

When they reached the closet they found a huge line of friends, stretching out into the hall, all waiting for their safety gear. It was a long wait, especially with Bloo whining about being bored the whole time, and Wilt constantly letting people cut in front of him. Finally they got there, to see a desk in front, with Smarty Pants behind it.
"We're here for the helmets and shinguards." Wilt said.
"Oh, you mustn't have gotten the last few decrees while you were standing in line. The King has also decreed that there be mandatory wearing of shoulderpads, padded vests, kneepads, elbow-pads and mouthguards." Smarty Pants was handed another peice of paper by Jackie Khones. "Oh and water wings."
"Water wings?" exclaimed Bloo, indignantly.
"In case of flooding." Smarty Pants then heaved a pile of the safety equipment onto the desk.
"So how come you aren't wearing any of this junk?" asked Bloo angrily.
"I'm the equipment manager. I get equipment for myself after I have finished getting equipment for everyone else. Now, please move along, sir. You're holding up the line and this is going to be a long day."

As the friends walked along, Wilt and Bloo in their awkward safety gear, Bloo muttering angrily to himself, mac tried to strike up a conversation.
"Well, I guess it's a good idea. I mean, consider how many times you and Boo get hurt. It's pretty high."
"You know what, guys?" said Wilt. "Since we got the safety gear on anyhow, why don't we go play some football?"
"That's a great idea! How about it, Bloo?" asked Mac. Bloo just kept muttering angrily.

Outside, Wilt got the football ready to throw. "Go long, Mac!" he yelled. mac ran backwards, getting ready to recieve the ball. Bloo mostly just stood on the sidelines, sulikng. Wilt was about to throw the ball when Cy walked up to him. "Excuse me" he said "but by royal decree the game of football is no longer allowed on the grounds of Fosters."
"What? Why?" asked Wilt.
"Too dangerous. People can get hurt when they're tackled."
"Oh. I guess I can see that. Sorry. Okay, guys, how agout we play some baseball?"
"That's banned too. You could scrape a knee sliding. Or get hit by the ball."
"Ping pong?" Cy shook his head. "Soccer?" more shaking. "Basketball?" more shaking. "Okay then, " said Wilt, fairly angrily now, "what ARE we allowed to play?"

Cut to the three of them, sitting around a table with a tea set, dressed in..well...dresses. None of them looking happy. "This stinks!" cried Bloo, throwing down his hat. "Tea party is the only game he lets us play? That Eduardo has gone too far!"
"Well, maybe we should go talk to him." suggested Mac.
"Oh, I'll give him a piece of my mind!"
Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #10
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

"Wilt's The Boss" So much for that! XDDD

You can take away football, baseball, ping pong, soccer, and anything else from Wilt, but when you take away BASKETBALL, that's when he gets mad! XDD

I am totally laughing at the mental images of Wilt, Mac and Bloo wear dresses and playin' tea party in that scene. XDDD

An awesome new chapter, man.