Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
The bloo
Settling In

Cool  

Default Episode Discussion- Store wars

Hmm this is the funniest episode ive seen.One thing is that people kept saying bloo kicked them in the shin.Coco got like three jobs at the mall and when she was security she called the police on frankie,and it was also funny when bloo had those 2 store clerks to rub that cactus against his back.Then bloo payed for the cushion with some pennies.Then when bloo was rocking madame foster and frankie bought that chair that made her fall asleep in it.So im just going to give this episode a 9/10

Thats the bloo i know

Thats ugly

:bloogrin
The bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Still the best.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
moonpony
Newly Abandoned
I brake for scholars, priests, and no apparent reason.  

Thumbs up

The dancing cacti were great! I forgot about those kitschy little things that were big in the early '90s. I also loved Wilt getting trapped holding the door open for everyone. That's happened to me and I'm not nearly as kind as Wilt!!!

Added bonus: Frankie getting a well-deserved rest in the massage chair. Too bad she couldn't take it home with her!
Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Voxxyn
Banned

This was just superb. Few shows are blessed with a debut episode(with "House of Bloo's" as the pilot) as exceptional as this one, and I congratulate the crew for how they got Foster's off to such a great start. This remains one of Frankie's biggest roles in the show, and it was a role that helped establish her enormous likability as a character, so obviously I'm very partial to this episode.

My favorite gag is probably when they pass through the "Victoria's Inhibitions" display; with Mac being googly-eyed, Eduardo shielding himself and Frankie's resentful glare.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
My favorite gag is probably when they pass through the "Victoria's Inhibitions" display; with Mac being googly-eyed, Eduardo shielding himself and Frankie's resentful glare.
That's one of my favourite moments of this episode also. Mac, still very young in the ways of the ladies still going ga-ga over ladies undergarments was insanely cute and in character for him. Heavens no he wouldn't fall in love with one, but such nice underthings! And Eduardo, of course, adorable. Underwear, especially a ladies, is not for his eyes! Such a big kid. I kind of do what Frankie does, not only at underwear store models but mannequins in general. Always such skinny things, whilst the REAL women who shop at the stores aren't even close to being that skinny. Or finding that underwear in your size either, which is even more aggravating.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

the cacti part is great, its what got me hooked on the show.. and im almost 23!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ugs View Post
the cacti part is great, its what got me hooked on the show.. and im almost 23!
The cactus scene was actually one of the funniest moments in Foster's ever. I just loved seeing Bloo's face and him making that weird sound. There's something just down right funny seeing a blue blob make weird sounds while an army of store clerks hold a bunch of dancing cacti onto your back.

"Store wars" is to me, a much better episode then even the first one. The idea was simple and yet it worked so well with all the characters, Wilt included. Frankie had a great role here and Bloo's chair hunt was a stroke of genius, it was probably one of the least asshole-ish things he's done that is actually funny.

Most time Bloo comes off as REALLY mean, but this time it worked well. The jokes were funny, I especially like when Frankie talked to Coco at the info. booth when she said:

"This place has dental?"

"Coco"

"AND chiropractic? Hmmm....uh never mind"

It was just a funny moment that I really enjoyed. Not to mention the whole "rip off artist" thing, it didn't even make sense to half the people Bloo said it too and it still was funny.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #8
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpony View Post
[font="Book Antiqua"][size="3"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]The dancing cacti were great! I forgot about those kitschy little things that were big in the early '90s.
I regret their populairty ever waning. I've still got my dancing Coca Cola Can of that ilk (though it actually reads "Coke" instead of CC...could it be that you were intended as a tie-in with the failed New Coke revolution, my animatronic friend?) and it remains amongst my most valued of possessions. The more kitschiness we have in this world, the better.

Store Wars was actually the second episode of Foster's I ever saw (the first being Adoptcalypse Now), and as I recall I was still having a fairly hard time adjusting to the fact that these so-called imaginary friends were as real and as visible as anything else within the show (I entered the Foster's realm as a Ben E Factor - I'm so ashamed ). When the receptionist informed the exasperated Frankie that she knew of a "place" she could go to if she was looking for lost imaginary friends, I was half-expecting that particular gag to go off a completely different direction to "We're not very good at our job, are we?"

It's a great episode, one which went some way in cementing my love of the show, and I always enjoy watching it on re-runs. My favourite moment has to be Coco speaking on the intercom.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-03-2007 at 01:02 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:22 AM   #9
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Yes, this episode was... fantasic! That cactus scene was hilarious! And that silly lil' sound coming out of Bloo? Funniest thing I've seen him do!
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #10
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

It's awesome how this episode started with a very basic plot, just Madame Foster's birthday...but eventually it builds up to one of the awesomest (is that a word?) episodes of the whole smash of Foster's eps. Stuff like the dancing cacti is already a well-known joke for a lot of people, also.

Overall rating: 90%, a very good episode overall appearantly.
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote