Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #11
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
You know, I've always half-wondered if they got other people to write Imposter's Home.

No, it was the regular crew that wrote that episode, Craig Lewis was the credited writer, (Correct me if I am wrong, but this was right before he left the show to pursue other projects.) in fact shortly after Imposter's aired, Lauren posted on Toonzoon.net about how more or less shocked she was, that this one episode garnered so much criticism from the show's fan base.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:23 PM   #12
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
No, it was the regular crew that wrote that episode, Craig Lewis was the credited writer, (Correct me if I am wrong, but this was right before he left the show to pursue other projects.) in fact shortly after Imposter's aired, Lauren posted on Toonzoon.net about how more or less shocked she was, that this one episode garnered so much criticism from the show's fan base.
That was also the last episode Lewis did for the show.

All right time to create my list:

All-Around Worst: I'd have to say Bloooo. It was the only episode I gave below a 5 in the rating scale (out of 10). I didn't enjoy this one, because of pretty much what billy said. This wasn't an episode where Mac got a lot of screen time, thanks to he and Bloo being sick in this one. I liked a bit of the stuff Eduardo, Coco, and Wilt did in the episode, but that was pretty much it.

All-Around Best: Man, this was a tough one to choose. I'd have to say "Frankie My Dear." This was an all-around fun episode, and this is definitely my favorite episode that has a lot of Frankie time in there. Also, this was the birth of Orlando Bloo.

Favorite Episode: Again, this was tough. Duchess of Wails and Challenge of the Superfriends -- I nearly selected one of the two, however, I've selected "Squeeze the Day". This was an all-around fun episode, it was beyond adorable to watch, and you really don't see Mac and Bloo simply do all-around fun things together enough. They owned Foster's that day, and I thought it was great.

Least Favorite: "Bloooo" "The Trouble With Scribbles" wasn't that much better, either.

Best Character-Based Episode: I'm going to say "My So-Called Wife" This is by far Coco's best performing episode. Also gotta say "Duchess of Wails." Duchess doesn't get enough appearances, and this was a great episode with her having a significant role in this one.

Worst Character-Based Episode: "Everyone Knows It's Bendy." I didn't like the fact that Bendy got away with all the shenanigans he caused, and Bloo was blamed for everything.

Best Written Episode: Probably "A Lost Claus" This episode was received well by a lot of people, and I personally thought this was written very nicely.

Worst Written Episode: "Bloooo"

Best Animated Episode:
3-way tie - "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down," "The Big Picture," and "Squeeze the Day"

Worst Animated Episode:
I really can't think of one right now.

Funniest: "Frankie My Dear", thanks to Orlando Bloo.

Least Funniest: Probably "The Trouble With Scribbles."

Tearjerking Moments: No doubt that "Sweet Stench of Success" was very dramatic. Mac and Bloo were separated for a while, and Bloo was being treated terribly by Kip. "Go Goo Go" -- the scene with Mac and Goo near the end. Though not the most tearjerking moment, but in COTS -- Bloo weeps before becoming "Darth Uniscorn."

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:33 PM   #13
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

All-Around Worst: Sorry my fellow peers, but there really isn't much.

All-Around Best: Well, I'd have to say...One False Movie, when Coco did that dramatic scene. XD

Favorite Episode: Bus the Two of Us. Nuff said.

Least Favorite: Personally, I really didn't like Imposter's home for um...Make-em-up Pals very much.

Best Character-Based Episode: Go Goo Go.

Worst Character-Based Episode: Everyone Knows it's Bendy. He should go to heck.

Best Written Episode: Isn't it obvious?

Worst Written Episode: Um....none that I know of.

Best Animated Episode: Wilt's all jumpy in Bus the Two of Us. XD

Worst Animated Episode: The majority of the friends (besides the main ones, Bloo, Wilt, Mac, Goo, Frankie, Herriman, etc) always look "stiff", like it really "hurts" to move around, so they barely do so. The main characters, however, do look like they're "moveable".

Funniest: Room with a Feud! When Wilt says "This room's fine as long as we don't think of the awesomeness next door," then says shortly after, "Shoot, I just did."

Least Funniest: I really think that Bloo is too selfish, he just acts like he DOESN'T CARE about anyone. Then gets worried if he can't see Mac again, although he was a jerk before. This explains WHY I do not like Bloo much.

Tearjerking Moments: The only time tears came to my eyes is when I was laughing.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #14
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Best episode: In my opinion, Bus the Two of Us. It has so many little things that make me laugh! I love the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference, and I love whenever they swiftly throw the change at the toll booth annnnd... then it hits the window. It also makes me laugh how Coco can fake sick.

Worst episode: Where There's a Wilt There's a Way/Everyone Knows it's Bendy. These episodes seemed like just a bunch of running gags to me. My liking for Wilt couldn't save it.

Most nerve-wrecking episode: Foster's Goes to Europe. Seriously, I HATE being late anywhere, and I've actually had nightmares that unfold similarly to this episode. The whole thing is well done, but it makes me jittery.

Most annoying credits scene: Bloo and the dancing cacti. Enough said.

Funniest credits scene: Cheese and his various ailments. "I HAVE MANGE!" "I HAVE A TAPEWORM!"

Most true-to-life episode: Squeeze the Day. Honestly... who can't remember a time in their childhood in which they had some time alone at the house and tried to do EVERYTHING they couldn't during this golden moment?

Most frustrating episode: A Room With a Feud. This episode was good, but even my boyfriend (an avid Bloo fan) thought Wilt should get the room. It was just... obvious. But, of course everyone fought over it.

Best Bloo-redeeming episode: A tie between Cuckoo for Coco Cards and Mac Daddy. It took a lot of guts for Bloo to actually say he was sorry, but it also took a lot of acceptance to finally take Cheese in as his "brother".

Last edited by scary_dream; 08-23-2006 at 12:03 AM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #15
don Jaime
Settling In

Best Overall Episode: I'm torn. Either Store Wars or Adoptcalypse Now. Both cover the basics of how Foster's functions and gives pretty much everyone something to do. And they're funny. Very funny.

Worst Episode: Make 'em Up Pals. God, what a mess that was. Lauren Faust was so hurt by the reaction: "It's just a joke! It wasn't real!" The opposite was true, it was all too real.

Favorite Episode: Partying is Such Sweet Soiree. Mac spent the first season as a somewhat bland voice of reason, and Bloo was starting to wear on some for his egomania. This episode changed everything. Mac goes psycho, and Bloo, in his strange way, is the responsible one. There aren't any real tearjerker moments in this show, but Bloo covering Mac with the blanket is strangely touching to me. Maybe it's because Bloo looks so worried, and Mac looks so irritated, like, "I can't believe you did this to me!" Add in Wilt's dance contest, Coco's love affair, Eduardo on a tricycle, and Herriman's fridge saga, and it's almost perfect. I just wish Frankie was more of a presence.

Least Favorite: Make 'em Up, Bendy, and Europe.

Best Written: Mac Daddy. Bloo's sense of betrayal in the first act, and admission that he does care about his "brother" in the third is beautifully handled. Cheese is handled perfectly, an annoying yet harmless and unthreatening little brother.

Worst Written: My So-Called Wife is kind of...boring.

Favorite Bloo moment: Orlando Bloo invades the date.

Favorite Mac moment: The sugar high.

Favorite Frankie moment: Smile. Hold up the disk. Oops, disks. Got that rabbit. That, or her reactions to Prince Charming.

Favorite Wilt moment: Leading the hunt in Blooooo. "They've been out of business for years!" "Now that's really sucking!"

Favorite Ed moment: "What's that, Baby Paco? Oh, you musn't say Wilt is estinky, even if it's truuuuue!"

Favorite Coco moment: Fussing over her weight in "The Big Picture."

Favorite Herriman moment: "...said Funny Bunny to sweet little girl!"

Favorite Madame Foster moment: Cooking It.
don Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:19 AM   #16
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

To be honest and (feel free to bash the crap out of me for this) but I haven't been able to see ALL of Foster's episodes. I know I'm a lousy, lousy Foster's fan but I haven't had the chance to get to see all of them just yet, my bad.

But I have picked out my fav. episodes and worked them into your little listings so here we go:

All-Around Best Episode:

Squeeze the day and probably Store Wars. I think Bloo has some of his best lines in these episodes like his "Blah" thing with the dancing flowers, and just seeing him go insane from boredom in "Squeeze", that was just priceless.

Worst Episode:

Duchess of Wails. I didn't like how this episode turned out, it really depressed me how everyone at Foster's was fighting against Mac at the end and it just seemed really out of character to have Terrence help. This episode just...gave me a bad feeling inside.

Your Favorite Episode:

Frankie my Dear. I love Frankie and this episode really helped me realize what a sweet, and attractive character she is. Bloo's disguise was hilarious, and just watching Frankie kick him and having it do nothing was just great. Plus, props to Frankie for booting that jerk of a boyfriend for bashing her friends!

Least Favorite:

Challenge of the Superfriends. It started off nice, but it just became a little too stupid and annoying with the cheesy super hero/villain characters. I also don't like how Mac was talked to as this "girly" kind of guy by the whole flower thing. Plus, it's been played on TV WAY too many times.

Best Character Based Episode:

Setting a president. This isn't just because I love Frankie, this is because this episode really showed how important Frankie and Herriman's jobs are to each other. I think this really shows who they both are deep inside, and how much of their hearts are put into this job.

Worst Character Based Episode:

Where there's a Wilt there's a way/Everyone knows its Bendy. Wilt is a nice guy, but he has limits and it didn't really suit him well to take all this crap and not snap. Bendy was a neat idea but Bloo has NEVER been totally evil, and it really seemed off putting seeing everyone never even suspect Bendy at all.

Best Written Episode:

Squeeze the day, hands down without a doubt. Mac and Bloo's reactions were absolutely brilliant. They were stupid, yet funny, and completely plausible for 2 guys like them sitting at home being bored out of their mind. I especially loved when Mac read Coco's diary "COCOCOCOCOCOCOCOCOCO".

Worst Written Episode:

None that I can think of.

Best/Worst animated Episode:

Considering the animation style, I can't really pick a best or a worst.

Funniest Episode:

Bus the Two of us. There was so much going around, Mac's reaction to Bloo driving was great and I LOVED Eduardo's sub plot with the matress sale. This was pure comedy at it's best, Mac and Bloo prove why they are the stars of this show easily in this episode.

Least Funniest Episode:

Foster's home for Um...Make'em up Pals. The idea was nice, but this episode was just not funny, it was just a character bashing ep. Goofball's antics were more annoying then funny and the whole "shock" at the end wasn't really funny, plus the fact no one could suspect Goofball other then Frankie...hard to swallow.

Best Tearjerker Episode:

None so far.

Other Episodes I LOVED but didn't get to mention:

Infernal Slumber
Camp keep a good Mac down
Bloooo!
House of Bloo's
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #17
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
To be honest and (feel free to bash the crap out of me for this) but I haven't been able to see ALL of Foster's episodes. I know I'm a lousy, lousy Foster's fan but I haven't had the chance to get to see all of them just yet, my bad.
I wouldn't feel bad about that, you aren't the only one.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #18
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Slowest Moving Episode: Berry Scary. Though it was funny, I can easily lose interest when watching it more than once.

Favorite Episode: Dude...Tough, but World Wide Wabbit.

Best-Written: I Only Have Surprise for You. Having to work out all the kinks in that must've taken a little while. Plus I'll bet it was fun.

Least Favorite: Uh...I love them all! But, I must admit it's hard to watch Imposter's more than thrice.

Funniest Moment: Hot in Topeka. It's too hilarious!

Most Underrated: Blooooo. It was my favorite episode for a while...

Best Supporting Character: Is Goo still a supporting character? If not...NO IDEA.

Best Look For A Character: Tied between Orlando Bloo, Wilt as a werewolf and Pierre. =3 Oh, crap. Wilt dressed up as Herriman too.

More later.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #19
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

All-Around Worst: Imposter's. Goofball was annoying, and I felt bad for Frankie. No wonder Lauren claimed she was shocked.

All-Around Best: I liked Bus the Two Of Us. Japanese-speaking Bloo had me on the floor for like 6 minutes.

Favorite Episode: The Sweet Stench of Success. It was well written, but CN never really airs it that much.

Least Favorite: 2-way-tie between Everyone Knows Its Bendy and Squeakerboxxx. Bendy just annoyed the crap outta me, and Squeakerboxxx was just dumb. Everyone acted like the freakin' elephant was the reason of being alive.

Best Character-Based Episode: Berry Scary. I love Berry.

Worst Character-Based Episode: Go Goo Go. Goo really annoyed me in that episode, which is the main reason I dislike Goo. I was shocked when I hear it got nominated for an Emmy.

Best Written Episode: A Lost Clause. Pretty good.

Worst Written Episode: Imposter's. Thank god Craig Lewis left after this one, because if he still stayed on the show, I would have him fired.

Best Animated Episode: A lot of em.

Worst Animated Episode: I really can't think of one right now.

Funniest: Bus The Two of Us.

Least Funniest: Imposter's.

Tearjerking Moments: None of em. Foster's never made me cry.

Last edited by Nyo; 08-28-2006 at 08:22 AM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:03 AM   #20
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

First, I'll state that I haven't seen ALL of the episodes.
Second, I'll exclude the Pilot, though I'd put it at the top of the list nearly everywhere.
Third, I won't put my fave episode in other rankings, though it's my fave for many reasons.
Fourth, I may change my mind. It's pretty hard to choose.

Favourite: Duchess of Wails.
Least favourite: Ummm... Blooo or Phone Home, I guess. Blooo because it made me LMAO the first time, but the second I was just bored. And Phone home was pretty silly, though I liked the Wilt part.
Most boring: Phone Home.
Funniest: Camnp Keep a Good Mac Down/Gags in Bus The Two of Us.
Least Funniest: Phone Home, still.
Best Character-Based: Seeing Red/Cuckoo fo Coco Cards/Go Goo Go/Berry Scary.
Worst Character-Based: Mac Daddy/Where There's a Wilt There's A Way.
Best Written: Who Let The Dogs In?/World Wide Wabbit/The Big Picture.
Worst Written: Hiccy Burp. Half of the episode passed with Bloo having hiccups and Blake Superior burping.
Tearjerker: Go Goo Go, the end.
Most annoying: Bloo screaming in CCC... ow!
Silliest quote: sorry, but "Hot in Topeka" annoyed the cra- out of me.
Best with most characters showing their particular traits: Infernal Slumber.
Best Duchess moment: "Frankie! Turn off the alarm clock/Open my eyes!"
Worst Bloo moment: I Only Have Surprise For You - listen, don't you think he's becoming too much of a jerk now? Poor Mac!

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote