Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #291
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Not a lot of episodes are on youtube. But the ones that are are great.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #292
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
You haven't seen "I only have surprise for you"? Well, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dqJn...elated&search=

I thought it was one of the funnyer episodes. Enjoy!
Oh yay, thank you!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #293
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Speaking of Foster's episodes, I've noticed that other than some recent episodes (such as room witha feud and other's that I haven't seen yet because they haven't been aired in the uk) Wilt hasn't been used that much as a character. Sure he is used and he did have an episode focused on him but that one only lasted eleven minutes (maybe even less). Meanwhile Eduardo has starred in three episodes that last for 30 minutes and Coco tenchinaclly did as well in "My So called Wife". Why is it that they have been used more and also, I think that one of the reasons the producers are making GWH one hour long is because they noticed that they never really used Wilt that much. I'm glad they are actually because Wilt IS a great character and he deserves to be the star for more than eleven minutes/maybe even less. Of course I could be wrong and I just haven't been looking hard enough for his appearences. What do you all think?
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #294
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Well I have noticed that he's not got that many appearances/lines in episodes like The Big Cheese, but from what I remember, he had a pretty big role in Room With A Feud. Also, I don't know if Bus the Two of Us has come out in the UK, but he plays a huge part in that. From what I can tell, he hasn't been appearing any less than usual.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #295
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Speaking of Foster's episodes, I've noticed that other than some recent episodes (such as room witha feud and other's that I haven't seen yet because they haven't been aired in the uk) Wilt hasn't been used that much as a character. Sure he is used and he did have an episode focused on him but that one only lasted eleven minutes (maybe even less). Meanwhile Eduardo has starred in three episodes that last for 30 minutes and Coco tenchinaclly did as well in "My So called Wife". Why is it that they have been used more and also, I think that one of the reasons the producers are making GWH one hour long is because they noticed that they never really used Wilt that much. I'm glad they are actually because Wilt IS a great character and he deserves to be the star for more than eleven minutes/maybe even less. Of course I could be wrong and I just haven't been looking hard enough for his appearences. What do you all think?
Wilt has had some big roles in some of the latest episodes to air here in the US, especially "Room With a Feud", in which he shows his extremely competitive, "in-the-zone" side, and "Infernal Slumber", which showcased his "father-knows-best" side, and "Bus the Two of Us", which showed his borderline "Psycho" side when he's under a great deal of stress! I don't think that Wilt is really being underused. As much as I love the Tall Red One, I'd hate to see him OVERused, to the point that viewers who aren't major Wilt fans and fan-girls will get sick of him, like the producers of "Happy Days" wound up doing with Arthur Fonzarelli. The team of creative folks who write, produce, and animate Foster's seem to be well-aware of Wilt's immense popularity, especially among female fans, and DO include things specifically to please us, but they are careful not to oversaturate the screen the Wilt or turn Foster's into "The Wilt Show", since there are obviously people who are luke-warm about him at best(I am not one of those people), and those viewers would be lost if the allowed Wilt to "take over". Considering how many other key characters there are on this show, which is so character-driven, you've got to allow them all some time to shine.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #296
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
The team of creative folks who write, produce, and animate Foster's seem to be well-aware of Wilt's immense popularity, especially among female fans, and DO include things specifically to please us, but they are careful not to oversaturate the screen the Wilt or turn Foster's into "The Wilt Show", since there are obviously people who are luke-warm about him at best(I am not one of those people), and those viewers would be lost if the allowed Wilt to "take over".

pitbulllady
LOL! That just reminded me of "Elmo's Show"! XD

Sorry, that was off-topic...

Last edited by antgirl1; 10-02-2006 at 06:58 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #297
Matchsticks
At Home
Comes from the brain-heart.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
LOL! That just reminded me of "Elmo's Show"! XD (
No, its the BLOO show.

So, can anyone suggest to me a good Wilt fic. Perferably without any Mary Sues.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #298
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchsticks View Post
Perferably without any Mary Sues.

what's that mean?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #299
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x View Post
what's that mean?

A "Mary Sue" is a fanfiction term for an original character, who's really more or less the writer herself, under a different name. Mary Sues are generally VERY annoying, as the writer tends to have them "larger than life", and of course, they almost ALWAYS are in the story for the sole purpose of becoming the love interest of the main fan character. Most Wilt-based fanfics DO feature a Mary Sue, who is almost always a really cool Imaginary Friends, who falls in love with the Tall Red One immediately after arriving at Foster's, and she is always really nice. Most of the time, she's also harrassed and made fun of by one of the other female Imaginary Friends, who are jealous that THEY don't get to be all snuggly-wuggly with the Wilt-Man. It's tough, I'll admit, to create an OC that isn't at least a bit "Mary Sueish", or in the case of male fanfic writers, "Gary Stueish".

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #300
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I've done that a bunch of times.
>> now I feel stupid.