Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:57 PM   #2041
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

San Andreas (2015)

Earthquakes hit California, leaving Los Angeles and San Francisco in ruins. The plot follows an emergency rescue helicopter pilot (Dwayne Johnson) as he sets out to rescue his wife in LA and his daughter in SF. A side plot concerns a scientist at Cal Tech and his efforts to warn people about a second quake that's about to hit. The story is a little thin but the characters are likable, and the special effects are dang good. Wish I'd seen this one on the big screen; I imagine that the theater's speakers were rattling quite a bit.

Rated PG-13; Runtime = 1 hour, 54 minutes.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:35 PM   #2042
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

I really don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said about this film by now (come on, it's Star Wars) - but it was well worth seeing. It's definitely a throwback to the original trilogy while also keeping it fresh. I won't spoil anything, but there's a welcome return of quite a few familiar faces, a couple of twists, and one moment you'll see coming a mile off which is definitely one of those "nooooo!!" moments.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:08 AM   #2043
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Killdozer (1974)

On a small island off the coast of Africa, a bulldozer is possessed by an evil spirit that came to Earth in a meteorite. It goes on a rampage and kills most of a six-man construction crew before the survivors manage to electrocute it. Arguably one of the most retarded movies ever made. Not much in terms of plot or character development but it does have a certain "so bad it's good" sort of charm, and it's better than any of the Twilight movies will ever be.

Not rated (made for TV); Runtime = 1 hour, 14 minutes.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:47 AM   #2044
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Killdozer (1974)

On a small island off the coast of Africa, a bulldozer is possessed by an evil spirit that came to Earth in a meteorite. It goes on a rampage and kills most of a six-man construction crew before the survivors manage to electrocute it. Arguably one of the most retarded movies ever made. Not much in terms of plot or character development but it does have a certain "so bad it's good" sort of charm, and it's better than any of the Twilight movies will ever be.

Not rated (made for TV); Runtime = 1 hour, 14 minutes.
Sounds like another 'possessed item' movie I haven't seen, but heard plenty of: Rubber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKgY1ilx0Y Trust me, this is as weird as it gets!

As for the last film I saw...

The Peanuts Movie (2015)

This was the last film I saw before the move, and as someone who has read not all of the strips, but a lot of them, this film was an absolute joy to watch. From the great music to the fantastic characters brought to life in an amazing mix of 3D and Charles M. Schulz's trademark drawings, this is an absolutely fantastic movie if you're a fan of Peanuts. Even if you're not, it's also a great introduction to the world that Charles created. Highly recommended.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:16 AM   #2045
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Sounds like another 'possessed item' movie I haven't seen, but heard plenty of: Rubber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKgY1ilx0Y Trust me, this is as weird as it gets!
You know... I think I'm going to have to check this out sometime.

Battle Beyond The Stars (1980)

When the farmers of the peaceful planet Akir are threatened by the evil space tyrant Sador, Zed, the last Akira warrior, recruits a young man, Shad, to seek out allies to fight this menace and save the planet. Shad recruits the oddest assortment of mercenaries this side of Zhodane to his cause; battle ensues. Not bad, but a far cry from The Magnificent Seven, upon which it was based. Enjoyable if you like low-budget space opera, which I do. Stars Richard Thomas and Robert Vaughn, among others.

Rated PG; Runtime = 1 hour, 45 minutes.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #2046
ismelllikecanada
Newly Abandoned
N/A  

Last movie i watched was in 2004, The garfield movie... Good times, now that i look back at it, it wasn't that great of a movie, but i'll rewatch for nostalgia. I haven't stepped into another movie theater since, cause expensive, kinda.
ismelllikecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:37 PM   #2047
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Night Visitors (1996)

Faith Ford stars in this made-for-TV drama about a government conspiracy covering up the existence of extraterrestrials. The feds are inept, the plot is simplistic, and the characters are not developed to any degree, but since it's a TV movie, you don't have to pay to watch it. It's an okay way to kill 90 minutes; nothing here will cause brain damage, and Ms. Ford is easy on the eyes, but that's about it.

Not rated (made for TV); Runtime = 1 hour, 28 minutes.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:47 AM   #2048
sldlovesfosters
Newly Abandoned

I think the last movie I watched was Monsters Inc. I could be wrong though. I watch a lot of movies, especially of the animated kind. If you count TV movie specials, Ed Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show was the last one I watched. Last live action movie I saw was that new spy comedy movie, Keeping Up with Jones, or something like that. I was alright.

"You heartless jerk! I'm sorry, wait, NO I'M NOT ! Is that ok? that I'm not sorry?" -Wilt

"Hows the weather up there? WELL HOWS THE WEATHER DOWN THERE!? " - Wilt

"This place is crazy its crazy! I'm so hungry I'm crazy! I'm crazy! DO DO DA DO!" - Bloo

"Boogie down!" -Wilt

"Wait stop! I just wanna punch you!" -Terrence/Bloo
sldlovesfosters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:36 AM   #2049
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (1989)

An animated Japanese-American film about a young boy's adventures in a magical dreamland. More complicated than it sounds, this movie is a real gem; it's well-written, well-drawn, has likable characters and a nice mix of comedy and drama. Despite positive reviews, it bombed at the box office. I found it pretty much by accident while researching an old music video, which turned out to be loosely based on the original source material, which in turn led me to the movie. Strange how well that worked out. Incidentally, the source material was a newspaper comic strip titled Little Nemo in Slumberland, first published in 1905, over a hundred years ago. Seems to have withstood the test of time rather well.

YouTube has the full uncut version in 1080 HD, linked above. Runtime is just under 95 minutes.

More info on Wikipedia, for anyone who's interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little...in_Slumberland

Dang glad I found this one.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:22 AM   #2050
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Wonder Woman (2017)

Yes yes yes yes yes yes!

If you're unsure of whether these recent DC Comics movies are worth the trouble, I'm here to say that this one is indeed WORTH it! Directed by Patty Jenkins (who directed Charlize Theron to an Oscar with the 2003 film Monster), this is an absolutely fantastic film. Gal Gadot OWNS Wonder Woman. She is on fire for the entire duration of the film, and absolutely makes her presence known. Nothing in this film is wasted. All of the actors are great, including Chris Pine, Robin Wright, Lucy Davis and Connie Nielsen. The action scenes are EPIC, and one in particular (which happens on No Man's Land) is the ABSOLUTE definition of who Wonder Woman is and is one of the most memorable and satisfying moments you'll ever bear witness in film history.

And yes, in case you're wondering, the epic Wonder Woman theme from Batman v Superman returns, even though it's a different composer this time around.

In summary: GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! If you walk away complaining that Wonder Woman wasn't hot enough, you need to be slapped numerous times.

Up next: Edgar Wright's Baby Driver
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote