Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #1581
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus

The Godzilla convention last week has got me into a giant monster movie mood lately. In this one Godzilla fought a huge freaking mutant dragon fly monster. Its a fairly under appreciated Godzilla movie and one of my personal favorites.

If they had only shown this one INSTEAD of Godzilla 2000 back in 2001, Godzilla movies would probably be in public theaters, I'd like to think so anyway.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #1582
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Wall-E.

I finally got to see it today, I thought it was pretty funny as did my older sister.

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 07-11-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #1583
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Today marks my first movie in a theatre since December. What did I see? WALL-E; I just saw it this evening. I will go as far and say that this is probably my new favorite Pixar Animation film. Great soundtrack, and a terrific story.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #1584
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

An incredible improvement over the first film, this movie had LOTS of stuff going on. There's stories and characters and conflicts happening all over the pace. All of the characters new and old get plenty of time to get fully developed, the fight scenes were nothing short of spectacular.

I loved the new villain introduced and the crazy amount of new monsters they put in. Hellboy 2 is a great sequel, probably one of the better ones around. I don't care why it was made be it for money or popularity, this was a GREAT movie.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #1585
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Fitzcarraldo

Basically a crazy european opera fan pulls a pretty big steamship up a mountain in the Peruvian jungle with the help of hostile natives. Who is the crazy european? Well really it's German genius filmaker Werner Herzog who actually sets himself a much harder task than the crazy european the film's actually about. Absolutely beautiful visual film, shot like a documentary in places with lots of focus on background activity that you really believe would be happening if they wern't there filming it. I was a bit uncomfortable with the jungle clearing scene but then at least Herzog didn't shrink from showing the destructiveness that flows out of human creativity and imagination.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #1586
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Spirited Away

This was my very first anime, back in 2004, and I'm pleased to say that it hasn't lost any of its charm and appeal in four years time.

The brainchild of the highly-talented Hayao Miyazaki, Spirited Away is the story of Chihiro (voiced by Daviegh Chase, Lilo and Stitch), a very sheltered ten year old girl, moving to a new city. Along the way, she and her parents accidentally enter the spirit world. Chihiro's parents are turned into pigs, leaving her to fend for herself, something she is quite ill-equipped emotionally to do. At least, until she meets the mysterious Haku (James Marsden, Hairspray), who tells her that in order to survive, she must get work at the spirits' bath house.

Overall, beautiful artwork, acting, and storyline. Definitely worthy of the high praise it's gotten.

I'm in the middle of Cars right now. For some reason, this sounded really good to me a few days ago, and I finally rented it. It's really good the second time around for many reasons, but among them are:

1.)They play Bobby Troupe's "Get your Kicks on Route 66" during the film, which is kinda appropos, considering that 90% of the film takes place on small Rt. 66 town. Route 66 rocks.
2.) It really touches on the fate of the real Rt. 66 so well and, alas, accurately. Route 66 really is being passed over in favor of the interstates, and the moment this is touched in the film is very tender. I think it was Sally's (Bonnie Hunt) line about how Rt. 66 moved with the land, rather than cutting through it. True that, Sally. True that.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #1587
Jackie Khones
Settling In

Gotta tie it to the bed post first  

Send a message via AIM to Jackie Khones Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Khones

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

Awesome movie, Steve Martin is awesome for the role.
The concept is so amazing. I won't give away the plot, but clips are taken from 1940's films, and he acts the scene after the 40's scene, it's hilarious and interesting at the same time.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 AM   #1588
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I still haven't found the time to watch very much lately, but I caught the latter half of Carry On Camping the other evening. Now I know where Austin Powers got that silhouette tent gag from.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #1589
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

the last half of the simpsons movie. i feel i should show this to my dad now.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #1590
Jackie Khones
Settling In

Gotta tie it to the bed post first  

Send a message via AIM to Jackie Khones Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Khones

Some guy, Oh My God. You are in my head. I swear to god the other night i saw the last half of the simpsons movie, and thought the same thing.

Last edited by Jackie Khones; 07-17-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Jackie Khones is offline   Reply With Quote