Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG
Default Good Wilt Hunting Movie Discussion 11/23/06

Well, the event of the year is finally just around the corner for those of you fortunate to be in America. Ever since the synopis had graced the Cartoon Network website, keyboards have been clicked ragged by fans eagerly anticipating the release of the Foster's movie. Plots have been theroised, characters, everything from beginning to end.

But now finally it's arrived and on Thanksgiving I'm sure many of you will (or at least try) sit down and watch it at 7pm.

Meanwhilst I, in a strange twist of fate being in Australia, have just viewed the movie in it's entirety. How? I won the eBay auction that was up a week ago, and it just arrived at my work today. To say I was eager to get home and park myself in front of my dvd player is an understatement.

The movie is well written, no doubt about it. It's up there with some of the best episodes they've produced, and the crew have a right to be proud of the final product. The story is sharp, funny, but also very touching at other times. Especially when you see just why Wilt is the way he is today. Not only that but you do see where Wilt 'grew' up, who he used to hang out with, and especially just how he became who he is physically as well as emotionally.

Some theories were really out there. But the real reason is just as interesting to see happen, it really does tie in nicely with the Foster's universe. It isn't overly violent like some theorised, nor is it sappy or 'magic' either. It's true to who Wilt is, then and now.

His cross country trip is most reminiscent of Follow that Bird. One scene even involves a few haystacks, as seen in the brief commercial of 'How to draw Wilt'. Wilt does what he does best, and leaves quite a mark in his wake whilst he is on his trip.

But let's not forget the other guys.

Finally meeting Eduardo's creator was well worth the wait, but sadly I think Coco was left out a bit. But I'm not going to embelish on that. Their concern for their friend is honest and true, not knowing why he left we all know they all clammer into the bus and head off after him. They really DO go all over the place, missing him at various times in a way that was reminiscent of American Tale. Which just adds to the sweetness of it.

The finale is well worth the build up, and you do finally see Wilt show what he's made of on the basketball court. What you see in the commercials is just a smidgen of just what he's capable of. Especially against the huge basketball headed friend (I will continue to call him as such so not to ruin his name) who has a big part in Wilt's past. The whole scene reveals a lot, and how it concludes is most definately the most tender moment written in Foster's history.

To say Craig and his crew have written a winner here is an understatement. It has enough heart, and enough humor, to make this an enjoyable viewing for every single one of us. I await the time when I can finally speak openly about what happens with you guys.

Let the count down continue!

CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I just want to say, that I don't want to even *talk* about this very special episode/movie yet, therefore, I am not setting foot in this thread again until I have SEEN it. I just don't want to read any discussions, until I have seen it. I haven't been able to avoid the other threads, because as admin I have to keep an eye on things, but I am warning everyone (you too mods) that I am stepping out of this thread until I have the movie under my belt. I kind of feel like this movie is one of my birthday presents, and like the box PBL sent me, I don't want anything ruined by speculation or wondering. I enjoy just receiving my surprises when they come.

If there are any major issues going on in this thread like fights or whathaveyou that I *must* look at, send me a PM, or use the Report Post feature.

Bye for now.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:27 AM   #3
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

ARGG! Damn you CG for the teasers! LOL No but seriously, that does sound awfully interesting! If you think it's good, it HAS to be! (And man, were you blessed to get to see it early.)
I'm really wondering who our basketball-head dude is...he's already a very intriguing character and I haven't even seen him in action yet. I can't wait to find out what exactly Wilt's past consists of...it has to be one of the most wondered about topics in history, if you ask me!

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
Voxxyn
Banned

I REALLY feel guilty asking this, as I genuinely want to be as surprised and awed as everybody else, but: is Frankie's role a good one?

Don't say what directly happens in answering my questions, of course. Be as broad and generic as possible. But I really need to know...

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-20-2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Simplified and deleted parts
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Before this thread goes any further I would like to ask everyone not to harrass CG for movie info, okay? She bought that disk to keep it off of YouTube, not to be pestered with a lot of questions. Y'all might want to thank her for this act, done out of love for the show and a desire to keep it's ratings up so that another season will be forthcoming for all of us to enjoy.

Thank you, CG.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
Voxxyn
Banned

I apologize if I offended anyone. That's the ONLY question I have; and since CG gave an indication as to Eduardo and Coco's roles along with Wilt's, I thought it'd be nice if she gave a spoiler-free indication towards Frankie's as well.

Her statement about the movie being an "an enjoyable viewing for every single one of us" is really gnawing at me. This is Wilt's time to shine, of course, and I can't wait to see that. But a lot of my personal enjoyment and "tilt" will be affected by the kind of role that Frankie has.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

No offense taken, dude. My comment was for everyone, not directed at you or anyone else in particular.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #8
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
She bought that disk to keep it off of YouTube... ...y'all might want to thank her for this act, done out of love for the show and a desire to keep it's ratings up so that another season will be forthcoming for all of us to enjoy.
Ah, I do.

Thank you very much, CG- it was very great of you to buy it.

Lauren was right... I'm very glad that someone like you who would NOT put it up on the 'net got it.

Good job!

And you've made me want to see the movie even more... Three more days, three more days...

I also appreciate the fact that you told us that it was good WITHOUT giving a whole lot of the plot elements away.

You rock, CG, and I commend you.

(*salutes*)

-Marty
Old 11-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #9
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

Sounds awesome! Thanks for giving us a heads up!

Quote:
But the real reason is just as interesting to see happen, it really does tie in nicely with the Foster's universe. It isn't overly violent like some theorised, nor is it sappy or 'magic' either. It's true to who Wilt is, then and now.
HUZZAH!

Judging from the "not overly violent" remark, I'm guessing it's safe to say we get at least a hint of what happened instead of forgoing the event altogether like I had (partially) feared they would do?
Website | LJ | DeviantArt
CCMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #10
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Thanks guys. It means a lot.

I'm sorry I can't be all explanetory on why I said what I said. I'm not the kind to sit and watch a movie only to judge it later and say what was wrong, what should have been included rather then what was included. It's a good story. It's a good movie. And I'm sorry but if you see fault in me just telling you you're in for a treat then, well. That's your issues.

And what Cassini said is right, the reason I did buy it is because I didn't want it leaked onto YouTube, or any other video hosting server which myself and Lauren feared would happen. She voiced her concern over this, and that was enough to get me to shell out $100AUS to make this movie safe from the net. I even alerted her to the fact on DA that I won it, and that I would not disclose the ending, or upload it.

She thanked me for being such a fan of the show and doing it.

And I'll just have to say it again. It's a wonderful movie. It really is.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote