Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Default Movies You Don't Like

If there's already a thread for this, go and move it, since I really didn't know what search terms to put in.

This is for movies that you really don't like. Whether it's because of one thing, two things, or the whole movie itself, this is where to speak about whatever movie grinds your gears and why it does such a thing.

I'll start off by saying that I hate to disappoint people who think it is hilarious, but for me, the movie I really don't like is It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. To me, it was TOO chaotic. Especially at the climax. It got to a certain point where my heartbeat was speeding up that I really didn't want to watch the rest of it, even though I did and got to find out what happened at the end. Plus, ANY movie that features fireworks for comedic purposes puts me off completely! In all honesty, I prefer Rat Race.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 05-22-2010 at 04:23 PM.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Heaven's Gate comes to mind. The movie was so dull that I left halfway through. I just could not get into it at all.

Waterworld is another. I stayed to the end but again, dull and lacking in action.

Masters Of The Universe... what a letdown that was. I'd been looking forward to it coming out on DVD for months, and what did I get? Something that was MOTU only in name. Bad acting, bad script, and no resemblance to the cartoon at all. Bleh.

I hate to mention any of the Star Trek movies in a thread like this but a number of them really weren't all that great. Final Frontier and Insurrection in particular left me flat. The latter I don't remember well, as it failed to make much of an impression, while the former, the book was a lot better.

And finally, I've never seen Twilight but everything I've ever read has convinced me that if I did see it I'd likely suffer brain damage. Vampires do not "sparkle". Anybody with any respect for the true vampire genre knows what vampires are all about; bloodthirsty, evil, undead creatures wilth great cunning and malicious intent, interested only in propagating their own kind and satiating their unending hunger. They are not shiny, pretty people who happen to have an odd dietary preference. Stars, Dracula and Von Strahd would impale themselves rather than be asociated with this mindless emo retardery.

Oh, and for the record, cereal icon Count Chocula could kick Edward Cullen's @$$ anyday.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-22-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Woo Hoo! Let's open up ourselves a case of HateoradeTM

Batman and Robin: I know know obvious choice but this film will always remain the definitive how not to guide to making a super hero movie.

Highlander 2: The Quickining: Destroyed everything that was good about the first film in one fell swoop when the idea of making the mystic race of immortals that were the center of the series into "aliens".

Battlefield Earth: Fool! John Travolta was chewing scenery back when you were learning just to spell your name.

Lost in Space: When the campy 60's sci fi show was more logically written and better acted then the 1998 film it was based on, then you know there is going to be deep hurting to come. (Fun fact both Lost in Space and Batman and Robin share the same screen writer, who went on to win an academy award for writing the screenplay to "A Beautiful Mind" I guess the saying is true at first you don't succeed try try try again.)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

300. I just couldn't stand this movie. The over-the-top nature just rubbed me the wrong way.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Seconded on It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Mean-spirited and overdone slapstick does not equate to funny. (It also tells about a movie when the Three Stooges' cameo is the best thing in it.)

2012. The apocalypse with stereotyped characters.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I really hate all of the "______ Movie" parody movies coming out. Epic Movie, Date Movie, the millionth Scary Movie... they all are so terrible. It's not that they're parody movies, I mean, Naked Gun is actually pretty funny. These are just so badly done and rely on toilet humor though!

Last edited by scary_dream; 05-24-2010 at 09:16 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I only hate those '____ Movie' films only because of Seltzer and Friedberg. Those guys OBVIOUSLY didn't do their homework on parody films. TV Tropes even has a segment on it, describing them as 'The only two men in Hollywood capable of competing on the Bad Director-O-Meter with Uwe Boll.'

Last edited by frankie_fan; 05-24-2010 at 10:36 PM.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:37 AM   #8
Another Castle
At Home

Not to change the subject, I have rather negative thoughts on The Simpson's Movie. It was a very big achevement, but halfway through I was a little depressed, and felt down and unhappy on the way out of the cinema. I don't think the Simpson's are suited to feature-length, it felt that much of it fell flat. Like Bloo in some episodes, I got sick of Homer, Spiderpig, funny the first time, is vastly overrated and is disapointing that it was the best they could think of. Also, I don't like how everyone considers the "why pay when you can watch at home for free" to be such a strong opening line- the same line (not word for word) in a previous episode.

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:12 AM   #9
minknency
Banned

I don't like that type of movies which contains negative thoughts. I like to watch movies, but not in home. .I don't like how everyone considers the "why pay when you can watch at home for free".And I also don't like scaries move, which does not contain any type of stories.
minknency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

"Just Say Anything" with John Cusak. I thought it dragged along, and I was not impressed with it.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote