Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya
Default Avatar: The Last Airbender

The thing that got me into this show was seeing a little blind girl kick the ground as powerfully as she did, making the earth shake, and I thought "Daggone, that was cool!".

The main characters of the show: Aang, the fun-loving, 12-year-old Airbender of the series.
Toph Bei Fong, a 12-year-old, blind Earthbender who leaves her wealthy lifestyle and home to join Aang on his quest.
Katara, the 14-year-old Waterbender with the mothering nature of the gang.
And Sokka, the sibling of Katara and a goofy, 15 year old Firebender.

Avatar: The Last Airbender (also known as Avatar: The Legend of Aang in several countries), is an American animated television series that currently airs on the television network Nickelodeon. Set in an Asian-influenced world of martial arts and elemental magic, the series follows the adventures of the successor to a long line of Avatars, Aang, and his friends Katara, Sokka, and Toph along with their animal companions, Appa and Momo, in their quest to save the world from the ruthless Fire Nation, while avoiding capture from Fire Nation pursuers including Prince Zuko and Princess Azula.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
DoubleLatte
At Home

I love Avatar: The Last Airbender, but Sokka isn't a firebender! I can already imagine him hissing at the thought. ;P
Toph is the absolute coolest. AND she's the only Earthbender that can bend metal! I didn't actually get into the show until several months ago, when my bro's girlfriend lent us her Book I: Water DVD. I was hooked with the first episode. I had never given the show a chance on Nick before because I thought it was another one of those Totally Spies Japanimation fakes that made my skin crawl. Avatar's animation still isn't the most awesome, but the plot, storyline, and strong influence of Asian myth and martial arts really impressed me. It's addictive, and I can't wait for season 3.
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
SkittleMonkey
Foster's Legend
Snoozer ish lurve.  

Send a message via MSN to SkittleMonkey

I absolutely love this show, but I don't much watch it unless there's a new episode. The re-runs they show are often the episodes where
Spoiler Below
Appa goes missing and what he does to try and survive on his own.

My absolute favorite character is Uncle Iroh. He's the kind of uncle I wish
I had! Not to mention he's the second of the comic relief in the show (next to Sokka) and a powerful firebender.
Patrick: Yeah, you could be bald and have a big nose!
---------------------------------------------------
Eduardo: No, Senor Bloo! They es magic, not drive around in no car!
Bloo: Nope, he lost his magic; now he dresses like a lady, and the butterfly has legs and an afro.
SkittleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

This is one of those shows that has a bad time slot for me to catch. I'd love to watch it but my VCR tapes things... Badly. I might go out and buy the box set when I have some money because this show is pretty darn cool from what I've seen of it

Yay for good Nick shows XD
Old 01-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Yes, I really like this show, but I've decided not to watch it on TV. I wanna watch them in order(I'm obsessive like that). So, after I get some money, I'ma buy Book 1.

What really hooked me into this show was the fact that I recognized some of the 'bending moves from martial arts class. It went something like: "OMGIKNOWTHAT!!!" *jumps up and does it* "It's called ___" My friend: "...Right." Hehe.

But yes, Toph is the coolest. Sokka too. ^^
Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
Voxxyn
Banned

This seems like an awesome show, but sadly, I still haven't been able to properly get into it. I really want to watch this show from the very beginning, instead of just randomly jumping in.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

i like it, but i dont watch it all the time, nor try to see every episode in order. i was physiced(i dont think thats how to spell that) about the pilot and really enjoyed it since the beggining, but its on nick, and i spend about half my day on cn. but i still watch it when i see it. cool show. liked season 2 more so far
Old 01-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #8
podpazie
Newly Abandoned
I got a Coupon  

I love love love this show. I have a DVR so I've been able to watch them from the begining, and still have all of them saved on it. One day I will figure out how to hook it up to my computer so I can burn it to DVD. I love Appa, and wish I had a cool pet like that. My favorite episodes so far were when they were in the northpole learning waterbending. The scenery in those episodes were amazing.
podpazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Uh I know I'm not a fan of this show and I've never really seen an episode or gotten into it so I won't say much about the show itself in general. But....I found something that is pretty damn big

I think the Avatar fans would want to see this:

http://www.mania.com/53268.html
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Uh I know I'm not a fan of this show and I've never really seen an episode or gotten into it so I won't say much about the show itself in general. But....I found something that is pretty damn big

I think the Avatar fans would want to see this:

http://www.mania.com/53268.html
OHLORD. ... I'm not sure I'm quite cracked up about this...

...I might warm up to the idea, but right now I'm just not feelin' it. o.o