Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

I've never had an IF, I'm another one of those people who talk to themselves though! Heh, I still do it
Subzeroace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Mogadishu, Duck? Thats all i can remember about Somalia.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #13
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
Mogadishu, Duck? Thats all i can remember about Somalia.
Yup! It was an Army maneuver, but there were other services there. I was on a SEAL team (with their intelligence division).

I will post a pic of my imaginary friend later

Last edited by Howard; 12-20-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #14
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Thank you for your service Duck.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #15
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I didn't have any when I was little, but I had a few when I was about 12-13. I can never just do anything the normal way. They were human teenagers, but they were time-travellers (and one was actually an alien, though his parrot was from Earth!). I do call them IFs even though I knew they weren't "real", but I talked to them in my head, rather than talking to myself. It was just a way of organising my thoughts, I guess.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #16
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

hey, sometimes yerself is the most interesting person to talk to!
Old 12-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #17
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

Well, I can hardly remember, but I used to have two of what most would've considered "Imaginary friends" when I was just a toddler. Their names were Alley and Billy, and yes, here name is supposed to be spelled as "Alley". They were both older than me, but I believe Billy was a bit older, more mature too. Alley was always getting into trouble, and me and Billy would have to save her. I faintly remember me and Billy saving her from falling off the top of a moutain. I can hardly rememer what they looked like, and ow only have a faint faint vision of them in my head, but all this remembering is making me think that Billy might've had glasses.

When I was around nine or ten, I had a little plushie I would always talk to and play with. I always knew he couldn't really move and speak to me, but I would always think to myself that maybe he could, ac a matter of a fact, I knew he could. I would always try to get him to talk by saying things like "It's okay, you can talk, I won't tell any one" and "I know you can talk, you may as well just give up", but there was always a sence of doubt inside me and he, of course, never really would talk.

And as I grew older I would still talk to random ojects, and always wonder random things about objects, and the universe, and animals, and how things REALLY worked.

And nowadays, I only talk to myself on occasions, and that's it.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #18
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

I've never had an imaginary friend, and I don't recall talking to myself outloud. But I'm hardly what one could call sane. When I go into lengthy periods of deep, ponderous thought, which I do quite often, the kids at school say I get this blank look on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo2daMacs View Post
And as I grew older I would still talk to random ojects, and always wonder random things about objects, and the universe, and animals, and how things REALLY worked.
I wonder about random things too, like how everything can be made up of atoms. I don't get it. It boggles my mind, but there's no way to disprove it because there's too much scientific evidence proving the existence of atoms.
Also, I like to think about what other people are thinking about, plan my actions and predict the responses of people, and analyze my state of being as well as other peoples'.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 12-20-2006 at 07:15 PM.
BlooCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #19
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo2daMacs View Post
When I was around nine or ten, I had a little plushie I would always talk to and play with. I always knew he couldn't really move and speak to me, but I would always think to myself that maybe he could, ac a matter of a fact, I knew he could. I would always try to get him to talk by saying things like "It's okay, you can talk, I won't tell any one" and "I know you can talk, you may as well just give up", but there was always a sence of doubt inside me and he, of course, never really would talk.

And nowadays, I only talk to myself on occasions, and that's it.
Yeah, I did the exact same thing too. I think it derived from the Raggedy Anne books (spelling?) I would always talk to my animals, telling them it was okay to speak and I wouldn't tell anyone and ect... I remember I used to go out of my room, and quietly peek in the door to see if I could catch one moving, not that I ever saw any move.

Someone in my sister in-law's family, I forget, somebody's kid, I think it's a nephew. Anyway, he has an IF named Jimmy Hall. The kid's about 4, 5, or 6 years old. And here's the strange part, my brother new a Jimmy Hall from a while back! Keep in mind, the kid has no knowlege of my brother's old buddy. So, strange huh?

And I have this friend, Allysa, who has IF's. She claims that if you meditate for 20 minutes a day for 2, or 3 weeks on your IF's becoming realistic, like human realistic, you can make your IF's come to life. I've been trying to test this meditation for about 3 days now, so I have no clue what'll happen once I do it.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #20
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Never heard that about meditation, you can bring "spiritual awakening" through certain meditation, but i dunno if you can see IF's as real.

Come to think of it, i had an old book called simply "Gnomes" and it was filled with great paintings, like a faux encyclopedia, from the 60's i think. I always looked for the little buggers in the woods, i SWEAR i found a gnome-sized walking cane one day...