Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG
Default Endings and Beginnings

They're short, to be sure, but this idea of a small series has been flying around in my head for a few days now. They're basically moments in the imaginaries lives, Coco, Wilt, and Eduardo when endings and beginnings happened for them. First up, is Coco.

Coco

The sun cast rays of golden light down upon the pristine blue water, causing it to sparkle like the night sky that was full of stars. The blue horizon stretched out in every direction, and no possible sign of other land whatsoever. It's what made this island, especially... well. Special.

The sand was golden and warm to feel beneath your toes, turtles often dragged their heavy bodies ashore for a rest before departing into the sanctuary of the ocean once they had rest long enough. Plus if you let your feet sink into the sand long enough, a little crab might nip your toes.

That's what Coco was doing. Her skinny orange legs had sunk a bit into the sand, and she was wiggling her toes, all but daring the crabs to try and pinch her. But it seemed they weren't biting today. Maybe they'd gone swimming? Looking upset at the crabs lack of nipping she pulled her feet out of the sand and began hurrying along the beach, leaving a trail of footprints in her wake.

After a few moments of running along the beach she made a sharp right and vanished into the undergrowth. The island wasn't particularly large, but neither was it small either. It was just the perfect size for an imaginary friend, and her creator, to live without being bothered.

Coco had been created on this island, and knew next to nothing of the outside world. Her creator had suffered some memory loss when her plane had crashed, and sadly couldn't remember anything about the world she had left, and lost, behind. All that she knew now was living with her imaginary friend, whom she loved very much.

But lately, something had been feeling wrong. She used to be able to get up at the crack of dawn with Coco, and go exploring the island which she now knew, practically, as well as the back of her hand. They always found something to do, which was good. But now, she had trouble getting out of bed. So Coco had been the one to go bring food to her, be it berries, nuts, or even a few (as they called them) Coco-nuts.

Coco hurried along the floor, shadowed by the large trees growing overhead. Sprays of light splashed through, causing small patterns to appear on the floor. Normally Coco would chase the moving shadows, but not today. She came upon a long row of large palm trees; this had been where the remaining piece of the plane that had crashed, had landed. While most of it was lost at sea, the tail had all but flown into the air, and crashed down.

This tail of the plane, is where Coco and her creator called home. Thanks to Coco, necessities had been made. For she had been created with the ability to make whatever she wanted, or needed, by laying it in a colourful capsule egg. The felled palm trees were the only way to reach the plane, so up Coco ran, along the rough and somewhat burnt trees and leapt in through what was once the emergency exit.

"Coco co co!" she greeted her creator, who was sat in bed with a pad of paper and drawing some doodles.

"Coco!" her creator said back happily.

The bird, plant, airplane creation skipped over to her creator and eyed the image that was being drawn. It was of some.. square thing with a pointy triangle on top. A few more squares were within the larger one, and beneath the largest square was green. Above the green was blue. And on the green to the right of the house were... stick figures. But they were of taller people.

"Coco cococo co?" Coco asked. Her creator shrugged slowly. She had been having dreams lately, of things that made no sense to her. A man and a woman, smiling, outside that thing. There was no island. Just more of those... large things all around. And something small and furry, with a long tail which caught smaller things.

Coco could make no sense of it. After all, she had never known of houses, cats, dogs, mothers or fathers. Her whole world was this island, her creator, and what had been inside the last piece of the plane to begin with. A radio, a few hats and shirts, things that hardly mattered.

She watched as her creator yawned slowly, closed her drawing book and set it asides before snuggling down onto what was once three separate chairs. But now they were tied together to make a bed. Coco tsked before tugging the blanket over her, and scurrying over to her nest made from green leaves in the corner.

It was hardly the time for sleeping, but she did as her creator did at times like these. Despite her loony, if not crazed way of life and seeing the world, Coco did care very deeply for her creator. If it weren't for her, she wouldn't even be here enjoying the island with her!

But still, now a days... troubles were a more growing concern for the friend. She could do little to help her creator, as she became weaker and more sick with the passing days. Days, which began to blur together as the weather seemed to reflect the mood of Coco and her creator. Thick dark clouds hung overhead, luckily not threatening a storm though. A storm out here could be disastrous if it wanted to be.

Day became merged with night, and with ever passing day Coco's creator moved less and less.

Until one day she stopped moving at all.

~*~

Coco had never felt so alone in all her life. She didn't know what to think, or do now. She had been decent enough to dig a plot of earth up near the beach, on a small hill so her creator could have a nice view of the sunset each day. Wrapping her in the blanket she dragged her down and buried her, along with her drawings of her house and parents; even if Coco and he never really knew what they were.

Kicking the earth back into place, Coco sat alongside the overturned ground for a long time, watching the world pass her by.

She thought a lot whilst she sat there, as one would.

She thought of how her creator would want her to feel, now. Surely she wouldn't want Coco to mope and loose her zest for life, even if her own had ended. Her creator had given her such a bright, bubbly view on life for a reason. Not so she could sit around and cry, and fuss and get angry. No. Coco would always, always remember her creator and the fun time they enjoyed together.

Like the time they thought a monster was living on the island, and it turned out to be a boar with piglets instead. Or the time they thought there was a ghost, but that too turned out to be bogus. A lot of their expeditions had included climbing tall trees to see just how big the ocean was, it turned out to be pretty big. And how could she forget the time they watched turtles, at least ten or more, coming ashore to lay eggs? And even greater, later when the eggs hatched and the thousands of baby turtles running out to the ocean? They had scared off seagulls using branches that day.

Coco sniggered a bit, before getting to her feet and looking down at the plot of earth where her creator now slept.

"Coco coco." she said quietly, before turning and running off into the undergrowth of the island to live happily as long as she could.

to be continued...
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Aw, so touching! Can`t wait to hear more!
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Awws. Poor Coco, with the loss of her creator.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
LaBloo
Banned
Zombie Fighters!  

Yeah. What Sadness. But very touching.
LaBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Hey, don't quit yet! I wanna hear more!
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #6
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

*squees quietly* I've always been under the impression that Coco's kid had... sadly, died offscreen. Once I read how Coco was designed, it just kind of came as a foreshadowing, something sad behind that bubbly personality Coco has.

And then you wrote this.

I'm completely speechless. It's sweet and endearing and sad but hopeful at the end and ngggh it has everything I ever wanted a Coco backstory to be. (I was half expecting how Adam and Doug came on the scene XD) It's beautiful.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #7
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Nice!