Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #21
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Yeah, I never thought of that!

...I think the Foster's crew killed her. xD
Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #22
xxelex
Newly Abandoned

i think she thinks she should be treated better than she is even if she is treated like a Queen

Last edited by xxelex; 12-12-2006 at 06:17 PM.
xxelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #23
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I'll second the call for more Duchess. She has good potential to be an awesome character, and yes, I think she can't help being such a......word I don't think I can say on this forum. Think about it, she has to have been freindly to at least ONE person, right? The girl (I'm assuming girl) who created her. I actually think they should cover her backstory this season. Inquiring minds want to know! Otherwise, the paper's'll just be filled with stories about Bloo!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #24
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
I'll second the call for more Duchess. She has good potential to be an awesome character, and yes, I think she can't help being such a......word I don't think I can say on this forum. Think about it, she has to have been freindly to at least ONE person, right? The girl (I'm assuming girl) who created her. I actually think they should cover her backstory this season. Inquiring minds want to know! Otherwise, the paper's'll just be filled with stories about Bloo!
I'd say that the closest Duchess has come to being friendly toward anybody else within the series was in ‘the Big Picture’, when she sets out to make Eduardo more photogenic. Naturally, she had entirely her own interests in mind, and used the scenario as a springboard to say some pretty darn hurtful things about Coco, but I found it refreshing nonetheless to see her more constructive side in action, whilst keeping her completely in character, and I’ll always hold the episode in high regard for it.

Yeah, I really like Duchess. She’s probably my third favourite of the major IFs, after Wilt and Coco. Her character design is simply awesome (I’m not averse to a little comical grotesquery - if I were, I wouldn’t take my daily bulletins from a Twisted Whiskers calendar), and her snooty, acerbic demeanour is always good for laughs. I’d also be curious to learn a little about the kid who created her, and what kind of relationship they had. I don't recall seeing Duchess at the reunion in the GWH, which makes me wonder if they're still on speaking terms.

Nowadays, whenever I hear the song “Duchess” by Genesis, I have her evil-looking gaze and dainty little swagger bouncing around inside my head. I’d probably make a music video if I had the time, the patience and the expertise. But alas, I don’t.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-30-2007 at 05:59 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #25
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Yeah, I'd like to know a bit roe about where she came from too. As is, she's a bit a of two-dimensional character.

*runs from the HORRIBLE pun*

Sorry! I couldn't resist.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #26
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

Well, I think Duchess is a really funny personality. Without her, the show would be way more boring. I know she's mean to practically everyone, but I think every show, cartoon, videogame, whatever, needs a character that's like that. It bruises up the show, and I hope there's a bit of Duchess in S5 (or S6?)!
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:06 AM   #27
Aly23
Newly Abandoned

I have an obsession for Pete Wentz and Coffee :)  

Send a message via MSN to Aly23

I'd like to know a bit about where all the friends cam from. It would make them more understandable about how they act and everything.

I Don't like Duchess but i guess every show needs somebody like her. But she is funny, i'll give her that!
What did you possibly expect under this condition
Dark Blue - Jack's Mannequin
Aly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #28
AprilDawn
Settling In
"I need...PIZZA!!"  

Send a message via AIM to AprilDawn Send a message via Yahoo to AprilDawn

I love Duchess! She is one of my favorite characters. I actually think she is a pretty (if you will) IF. Theres just something about her that makes me happy to see her on screen. I also like how she is flat or whatever. Its neat to see her turn. XD
Old 05-03-2007, 12:08 AM   #29
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Yeah, that's the thing: She looks a bit groutesque when you first see her, but her appearance kinda grows on you. Now I can see that she really IS a work of art. (and of course, a peice of work. )
Old 05-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #30
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I'll say this, but I want to see a bit more Duchess in the 5th season. I'm sure we'll catch her at least once. "Duchess of Wails" was one of my overall favorite episodes.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote