Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #11
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Two things made my day, though these are pretty much the same incident just at different times:

-Last week I went to the Field museum in Chicago with my girlfriend (I still can't believe I can say that now lol) and I was wearing a Chip and Dale Rescue rangers T-shirt. While we were walking, a little boy pointed to me and told his mom "Look mom Chip and Dale". That just made me smile.

-Two days ago, I was having ice cream (again) with my girlfriend and this time wearing a Sonic the hedgehog T-shirt with a spray paint like design on it. A bunch of FULL GROWN teenagers actually stopped after they got ice cream and told me I had a "freaking cool" Sonic t-shirt. I love it when people notice my " shirt advertisements" of my favorite shows.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

There's a new supermarket in town, a place called Price Right, which I checked out earlier today. They're only open until 9:00 PM so I still don't have the privilage of post-midnight shopping; however, they're a little cheaper than Stop & Shop, and they're a hell of a lot closer. Not too crowded, either. And since I enjoy grocery shopping, well, I'm smiling right now.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #13
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

No clue what made me think of this, but...

A few weeks ago, I got to work at noon, which is right in the middle of the acursed lunch rush. The fact that I had to change into my work shirt heavy on my mind (I'd been at the DMV not five mnutes earlier), I marched right up to the register and punched in. A girl aged about 9 or 10 saw me and turned to her mom, saying, "I like how she gets to work right away."

Translation: My daddy raised me right.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I ordered a Sailor Moon coffee mug from eBay earlier this week. Fair price, fair shipping charge. I wasn't expecting it until maybe the middle of next week but it's sitting on my desk as I type this. Absolutely flawless condition, too, and the artwork is better than the eBay pics indicated. Nice surprise to brighten up my afternoon.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I ordered a Sailor Moon coffee mug from eBay earlier this week. Fair price, fair shipping charge. I wasn't expecting it until maybe the middle of next week but it's sitting on my desk as I type this. Absolutely flawless condition, too, and the artwork is better than the eBay pics indicated. Nice surprise to brighten up my afternoon.
Life is goody-good-good when stuff like that happens!

Anyway, my contributions:

1.) Seeing a photo one of my DA / ff.net friends took of a dress she'd made, based on something from her fanfic. Normally this wouldn't be such a big thing, but aside from the dress being absolutely gorgeous, this is the first time I've ever seen a photo of my friend, since she's the one wearing the dress in the photo. We've been close contact since shortly after my seventeenth birthday in September, but for the longest time we didn't have a clue what the other one looked like. Seeing her in this photo was sort of like... remeeting her all over again, and reminded me of part of the reasons we're so close, even though we've never met face to face.

2.) And now to ruin my deep thought above... This post, which is my 500th, launching me into the "Foster's Legend" bracket. I've been working on this moment since I joined, so... yay for me.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #16
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie
Smile

Congrats WiltsAK!

What made my day? Well, while driving into work this morning I see that the gas prices for not one, but two gas stations I pass every day had lowered their price by one cent since yesterday. And then when I got off work and on my way home, I saw that those same two gas stations lowered their price TWO CENTS MORE since this morning.

I got gas today. Do it again, do it again, doitagaindoitagaindoitagaindoitagain!!!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #17
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I fixed my PS2. I am awesome. It may not be modded but at least it works again.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #18
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

playing "when you were young" on GH3 and missing only one note put me in a very good mood today.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #19
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I've been joking about finding so many Rat Snakes in the yard that it's hard not to trip over them; well, today, one literally fell out of a tree and landed on ME. I'd heard the Blue Jays having a major conniption/hissy fit/tantrum/riot out in the yard, and went out to see what was going on. Nine times out of ten, when they do that, it's a snake. If it's not a snake, it's a hawk or an owl who got disturbed during his daytime beauty sleep, or a crow who thinks that picking on his smaller cousins is a lot of fun. Usually, though, it's a snake, a Rat Snake more often than not, BUT, it's usually on the GROUND, so naturally that's where I was looking. I heard a small branch overhead snap, and barely had time for hit to register before my head and neck were enveloped in one large Rat Snake, who no doubt thought he was a goner and never figured that there'd be a human standing there to break his fall, but at first I honestly thought I'd been hit with a tree limb! This old pecan tree is notorious for suddenly losing huge, and apparently healthy, limbs, limbs much larger in diameter than a person, and it took me a second to realize that whatever hit me was SOFT and flexible, not hard and made of wood. Neither of us are any worse for wear and tear, fortunately. The snake expressed his gratitude by promptly spraying me with musk; thank goodness for Nil-Odor Drops and Fabreeze Fabric sheets! The snake didn't die in the fall, I got a new snake, and I no longer have to throw aways the clothes(that used to be the only way to cope with the musk odor; you can't just wash it out).

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #20
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Congrats WiltsAK!

I got gas today. Do it again, do it again, doitagaindoitagaindoitagaindoitagain!!!
Thanks, Lynnie!

On the note of gas, something that made my day was watching some new Emergency! (old paramedic show from the 1970's) episodes on DVD At some point, the squad car drove past a gas station and my dad pauses the DVD to point out the gas prices: $.36 and $.38 a gallon. Man, gas was cheap in LA in 1973!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I've been joking about finding so many Rat Snakes in the yard that it's hard not to trip over them; well, today, one literally fell out of a tree and landed on ME. I'd heard the Blue Jays having a major conniption/hissy fit/tantrum/riot out in the yard, and went out to see what was going on. Nine times out of ten, when they do that, it's a snake. If it's not a snake, it's a hawk or an owl who got disturbed during his daytime beauty sleep, or a crow who thinks that picking on his smaller cousins is a lot of fun. Usually, though, it's a snake, a Rat Snake more often than not, BUT, it's usually on the GROUND, so naturally that's where I was looking. I heard a small branch overhead snap, and barely had time for hit to register before my head and neck were enveloped in one large Rat Snake, who no doubt thought he was a goner and never figured that there'd be a human standing there to break his fall, but at first I honestly thought I'd been hit with a tree limb! This old pecan tree is notorious for suddenly losing huge, and apparently healthy, limbs, limbs much larger in diameter than a person, and it took me a second to realize that whatever hit me was SOFT and flexible, not hard and made of wood. Neither of us are any worse for wear and tear, fortunately. The snake expressed his gratitude by promptly spraying me with musk; thank goodness for Nil-Odor Drops and Fabreeze Fabric sheets! The snake didn't die in the fall, I got a new snake, and I no longer have to throw aways the clothes(that used to be the only way to cope with the musk odor; you can't just wash it out).

pitbulllady
Oh-kay... Never heard of that happening before, but it is a good story! I guess it all worked out, since everyone came off okay and you ended up with a new snake.