Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #21
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post

I hate Reggaeton. HATE IT. It is the absolute worst form of music in the world--in fact, I don't think it should be considered 'music' at all.
is that different from raggae (spelling?) if not...dude give it up for Buffalo Soldiers by Bob Marley.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #22
megaman490
Newly Abandoned
ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  

when people "borrow" my video games and end up stealing them (I know that at least one person did because once my sister went to his house)

I need to stop being so kind.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #23
Voxxyn
Banned

Partymember,

Reggaeton is almost completely different from reggae. Basically, reggaeton music consists of a bunch of 'street cred' latino teenage males partying with skanky latino females in very revealing clothes, singing lyrics with outrageously blatant sexual innuendo, set to a drum track that gets old after ten seconds but is re-used for literally every song in that 'genre'. It's more like a Spanish-language version of mainstream hip-hop.

I wasn't trying to disrespect real reggae, which is no doubt infinitely better. If that's the feeling you got, I sincerely apologize.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 01-01-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #24
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Things that tick/piss me off:

1. When someone verbally or CONSTANTLY bashes the crap out of some TV show, movie, or comic book, or music band that have not seen or heard and are just bashing it because they think it's stupid.

2. People bashing TV or music bands or movies and stating their dislikes as a FACT and not an opinion. I understand to each his own, but it really burns me up when someone just dumps on a show I might like and make it sound like it is a piece of crap like it's official.

3. People criticizing you for not doing something "the right way".

4. People who push and pressure you into doing something and ask you to do something you feel uncomfortable with.

5. People who state certain people can't be fans of programs or shows or music bands unless you follow their standards of fandom.

6. People who abuse their authority ANYWHERE. (Cops, website mods, forum mods etc).
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #25
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Partymember,

Reggaeton is almost completely different from reggae. Basically, reggaeton music consists of a bunch of 'street cred' latino teenage males partying with skanky latino females in very revealing clothes, singing lyrics with outrageously blatant sexual innuendo, set to a drum track that gets old after ten seconds but is re-used for literally every song in that 'genre'. It's more like a Spanish-language version of mainstream hip-hop.

I wasn't trying to disrespect real reggae, which is no doubt infinitely better. If that's the feeling you got, I sincerely apologize.

no i didn't take it personal i just wondered if they were one in the same, i thought perhaps reggae was an abbreviation. Glad you don't hate the reggae, its great music. Sort of like jamaican country LOL.

Last edited by Partymember; 01-01-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #26
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Things that tick/piss me off:

1. When someone verbally or CONSTANTLY bashes the crap out of some TV show, movie, or comic book, or music band that have not seen or heard and are just bashing it because they think it's stupid.

2. People bashing TV or music bands or movies and stating their dislikes as a FACT and not an opinion. I understand to each his own, but it really burns me up when someone just dumps on a show I might like and make it sound like it is a piece of crap like it's official.

3. People criticizing you for not doing something "the right way".

4. People who push and pressure you into doing something and ask you to do something you feel uncomfortable with.

5. People who state certain people can't be fans of programs or shows or music bands unless you follow their standards of fandom.

6. People who abuse their authority ANYWHERE. (Cops, website mods, forum mods etc).
oh yeah, forgot those. gotta add all that stuff you said to my list of stuff that annoys me. so excluding that stuff, my revised list:

* people that act like theyre ceaser and can get away with anything.

*people who constantly will tell me that something is stupid or something sucks just because i like it. i know people like that, and it really gets under what few nerves i have.

*racing games. long story, dont feel like spilling it all out.

*cocky people who think they are better than you after only one race, fight, etc.

*people who hate green day that have never listened to them and constantly tell me that they suck or something to that effect(seriously, this gets under my skin so much it has its own category. that says something)
Old 01-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #27
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

1. People who like crappy music/TV shows/books/whatever.

2. People who disagree with me in general.

3. People who have bad breath but talk in your face anyway and you ask them, hey want some gum but they're like, no I'm good and you're like well, hey want a mint, and they're like no I'm good, and you're all like WELL HEY WANT MY TOOTHBRUSH CAUSE IT'S IN MY PURSE CAUSE DIRTY TEETH ARE GROSS. D:< That is my biggest pet peeve EVER. BRUSH. YOUR. TEETH.

4. People who don't hit clear on the microwave.

5. Artists/writers who can't take criticism.

6. Drugs.

7. American Dad.

8. Slipknot. They get their own special number, because they have NINE people. You'd think with NINE people they could create SLIGHTLY complex music.

9. Jeans. THEY DO NOT MATCH EVERYTHING.

10. Math.

Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
1. People who like crappy music/TV shows/books/whatever.

3. People who have bad breath but talk in your face anyway and you ask them, hey want some gum but they're like, no I'm good and you're like well, hey want a mint, and they're like no I'm good, and you're all like WELL HEY WANT MY TOOTHBRUSH CAUSE IT'S IN MY PURSE CAUSE DIRTY TEETH ARE GROSS. D:< That is my biggest pet peeve EVER. BRUSH. YOUR. TEETH.

4. People who don't hit clear on the microwave.

5. Artists/writers who can't take criticism.

7. American Dad.

8. Slipknot. They get their own special number, because they have NINE people. You'd think with NINE people they could create SLIGHTLY complex music.

10. Math.

i'm down with most of that but...Levis babe!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #29
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

I don't mind jeans, I'm wearing some right now... but they match the shade of the kitty on my shirt's eyes and the denim clips in my hair. MUST MATCH DFJHDFDSFSD
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #30
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

haha thats cool. Jeans are so great, they last so much longer than cargos or whatever. When they're too grundy, you turn them into shorts!