Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Default The Looney Tunes Are Back!

Well, maybe for fourteen hours on New Years Day.

Cartoon Network has scheduled a marathon of Looney Tunes for January 1 from 6 AM to 8 PM.

Also, starting tomorrow (12/28), [adult swim] will sign on one hour earlier from 10 PM until 6 AM. Previously, they had signed on from 11 PM until 6 AM Monday through Saturday nights and gone from 10 PM to 6 AM on Sundays. The PJs will fill the 10 PM slot with back to back episodes for the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night (12/29 through 12/31) spot, then begining on Jauary 1, Mike Judge's King of the Hill comes over from FX to fill the 10 PM hour.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I'm betting that it's just for New Year's Day only, so don't hold your breath on them airing them daily or weekly. However, it is great that they're going to be airing them.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I hope CN starts airing Looney Tunes more. Plus, I hope Adult Swim can air The Simpsons soon. I think it's lame that my favorite show/ one of the longest running shows ever only airs on Fox.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Well, IB, legal stuff such as media rights and OTA syndication for example prevents Williams Street, the producers of [adult swim],from doing so with Bartholomew JoJo Simpson and the rest from being there anyway.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 12-29-2008 at 12:36 PM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

My parents didn't like letting me watch Loony Tunes when I was little. Too much violence, they said. Even though it was just fantasy violence. I saw most of what I've seen of LT when I was in my teens, and a few here and there since then. I miss them! I've been gladly watching the marathon since I've been home from work, and enjoying every minute of it.

Man, I love the one with the singing frog! It's got to be one of my favorites. I'm glad that short aired after I got home.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I was happy that they aired "Duck Amuck" and "Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century". Gotta love Daffy Duck.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Great to see the classic WB cartoons again. Just some caveats about them:

Many of the Merrie Melodies cartoons from 1942-48 (those screened) were the "dubbed versions"--the Leon Schlesinger films in particular were films like The Wabbit Who Came To Supper (1942) which for some reason bore the "That's all folks!" ending title from 1937 (yellow concentric circles and lower case "F" in the word "folks") and the disclaimer note at the bottom stating "Dubbed version." With WB releasing the cartoons on home video in their original forms, you'd think CN would tap into them instead of the "editions" they've run since 1995.

A few of the 1950s cartoons were run in speed-up mode. Duck Amuck was among them and that's tantamount to drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

Noted editing out of scenes in specific cartoons. The last sequence of Show Biz Bugs (1956), where Daffy ingests numerous flammables and toxins then swallows a match and explodes as part of his act, was removed obviously to prevent from being exposed to impressionable young minds. The cartoon ends after Daffy's booby-trapped xylophone backfires on him. That's understandable. I'm not sure if The Daffy Duckaroo (1951) was shown, but in past, Nickelodeon and CN edited the final scene for some reason. Daffy says "I said I was gonna clean up this one-horse town," doffs a street-cleaner's cap and takes a clean-up barrel in tow. CN and Nick ends the cartoon there. What was cut was Porky turning to us and saying "Lucky for him this is a one-horse town!" With all the bathroom humor permeating cartoons today (and even the presumptuous bed-wetting scene in 1944's Tick Tock Tuckered), why this scene was cut is a mystery.

Last edited by Ccook50; 01-02-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Ccook50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

I own all of the Golden Collection. I still say that it's a shame that they lost the original intros when they added the Blue Ribbon titles. 'Tis sad.

We watched the entire marathon while playing Fact or Crap. It was entertaining.

Last edited by lucyrocks73; 01-02-2009 at 07:14 PM.
lucyrocks73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #9
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Oh, the original intros exist. It's just that when those cartoons were re-released to theaters years later they were reprinted and re-edited with the Blue Ribbon titles. Check YouTube and you'll likely see both versions of I Love To Singa (1936)--the original release and the Blue Ribbon re-release. (Also see if you can find Bob Clampett's "director's cut" of 1943's Hare Ribbin'--you'll see the climax as Clampett intended.)

Last edited by Ccook50; 01-03-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Ccook50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:25 AM   #10
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Le sigh, that was a good day! It was nice getting my Daffy fix, even if I owned the episodes already.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adult swim, cartoon network, looney tunes