Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: How do you rate the series finale of Foster's?
A - Foster's went out with a bang! 40 75.47%
B 7 13.21%
C 4 7.55%
D 1 1.89%
F - A bust. 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #81
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Actually, thinking about it, "jumping the shark" was yet another feat which Bloo had technically already pulled off. Well alright, "Bloo" may not have done it, but "Deo" did (according to the TV announcer in the Sweet Stench of Success - we didn't actually get to see it, mind). I guess that since he didn't actually do it with Mac, it met the criteria.

The various nods and throwbacks to several of the previous episodes throughout were nice (LOVED the Orlando Bloo reprise), though there was a pretty poignant undertone to them which was hard to miss - basically, the writers seemed to be acknowledging that they had exhausted all the possibilities of this particular world and that the time was right to close the book on it. That in itself is what gave the episode such an impending sense of finality for me - like many people here, I'd deduced that Mac wouldn't be going anywhere far, and I liked how open-ended they kept the basic set-up at the end, with no particularly earth-shattering alterations, other than the indefinite arrival of Cheese (which, incidentally, is something which they probably could've only gotten away with in the show's final episode - otherwise they'd maybe be baiting the JTS label a bit too much for real, as I'm sure this episode was fully aware).

Anyway, it was the perfect send-off for the show - all the trademark heart and humour was present, and I really appreciated the large volume of minor characters who were able to put in cameo appearances throughout.

Goodbye is the hardest word to say, so...I'll stop short of making an all-too obvious (not to mention seriously inappropriate) Not The Nine O'Clock News reference, and simply say "Later Days".

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-13-2009 at 02:09 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #82
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Well Bowling Paul signed the card too and he shouldn't even be AT the house. Because if he is, that would be sad, because it would mean something happened to his creator I guess. :/ I mean, I guess the artists just had as many characters as they could remember sign the card whether they ought to be there or not, so you don't have to "accept it" as canon or whatever. That's just what I think. Especially considering Craig McCracken signed the card, as well as the fact that the first names of some of the show crewmembers appear randomly here and there.

My guess is that Bowling Paul's owner suffered a heart attack while fighting off a gang of German Existentialists in the parking lot.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #83
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
My guess is that Bowling Paul's owner suffered a heart attack while fighting off a gang of German Existentialists in the parking lot.
Who knows.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #84
swarlock
Settling In

I am Bloo. Hear me roar!  

As I've said elsewhere. The ending w/ Cheese was unexpected. But I enjoyed it for what it was worth.

I don't have that bittersweet feeling taste in my mouth as someone else wrote in this thread. Just a sigh of relief and I was satisfied.
swarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #85
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

This and the other four episodes were the BEST! I was worried I was going to need some Kleenex next to my favorite snacks, but GTB let me down easy. In fact, it was as if there were going to be more (business as ususal). The "Thanks for watching" from Craig and Lauren was an awesome touch. In short - I did not shed a tear.

By the way, and pardon my ignorance - but where is this card with all the signatures?
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #86
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

In the episode. I have not yet screencapped it so I can't show you though.

Well, I can just post this one:

Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #87
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Thanks Sparky. I sometimes get so geeked out with the episode, I do not pay attention to some of the things in the show. I will watch it again and see if I can see it for myself.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #88
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I love that card, it's fun reading through it. I wonder who exactly the crew had sign all those names. We see Craig there, but I wonder if Lauren and the other crew members, and voice actors, are in there too (signing an IF's name, not their own). I don't recognize a good portion of those names, though. I'm feeling the need to watch the whole series and taking note of even the most minuscule IF and figure out which one they are.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #89
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
In the episode. I have not yet screencapped it so I can't show you though.

Well, I can just post this one:

I see a signature that says "JewGuy". Wonder who that could be. XD
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #90
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

LOL it says NewGuy!!

Hey I just noticed, Fluffer Nutter spells her name "Flufer Nutter". Wonder which is right, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote