Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Default Episode Discussion - "The Little Peas" (11/22/07)

Well, as announced in the Thanksgiving marathon thread, the new episode "The Little Peas" will air Thanksgiving Day (November 22 in the USA) at 6:30 PM and repeated afterwards around 8 PM.

I'm personally looking forward to this episode...and what about you?

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 11-09-2007 at 12:17 PM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The first thing we will discuss is the part of the Forum Rules that discusses starting "Subject-only" threads, specifically the part that says don't do it:

Quote:
Do not start subject-only threads. That means, no topic called "Madame Foster" containing the message "Everyone talk about Madame Foster." If you want people to talk about Madame Foster, launch the discussion yourself. It's not fair to ask everyone else to talk about something if you're not willing to start the discussion. Also, nothing like "Who's your favorite character?" without you actually stating who your favorite character is. If you're going to start a thread, your first post must contribute something to the conversation.
(13 days later...)

Okay, go for it.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-22-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
emperor26
Foster's Legend

I never expect "The Little Pea" to actually be one of those episodes where it is told by another perspective.

That one was a complete surprise.

Other than that, I say it was moderate. A 7 out of 10.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

What an odd episode :[

Though the scene with Jackie Khones and Fluffer Nutter was freaking hilarious XD!

Off topic, but I have to mention it. The commercial with Chowder made me die, especially the part where Chowder is all "Pepper spray? That sounds delicious! Aghh I was wrong, horribly wrong!"

XD
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

(I'm guessing we'll do the ep discussion in this topic...?)

That was, er... interesting.

At first I thought it WAS The Big Cheese, but then I noticed the pea character. When I saw him following Jackie Khones and Fluffer Nutter around I thought "Oh, this ep must be focusing on the minor characters or something. Cool!" Too bad I was wrong...

Honestly I didn't like this ep much. I didn't like The Big Cheese very well in the first place so this ep was nothing great to me.

Only part I liked was the stuff with Jackie Khones and Fluffer Nutter. My little sis' asked what the heck Fluffer was doing with Khones, and I was thinking "She must have a crush on him or something." Then when they got to the rooftop apparently started making out I yelled "I KNEW IT!" and started cracking up. XD

...but, that was about it. Though I did laugh a bit when Peas said something along the lines of "I can't even get CRUSHED right."

...Is it just me, or was Cheese a lighter color in this ep?

EDIT: WHOOPS, there's already an ep discussion topic. Oo; Eheh...

Last edited by BabyCharmander; 11-22-2007 at 03:14 PM.
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I liked this episode (most of it, anyway) until the end. Finding out that what we thought was Frankie turning things around in The Big Cheese was just her following the directions of Peas was a real letdown. Nor did I like seeing her sitting there on the front steps, feeling dejected and defeated. I think this was a kick in the teeth for Frankie fans. It wasn't a bad episode otherwise, but that ending... it left a bad taste in my mouth.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
The Huntsman
Settling In

It makes me wonder just what Khones did on the roof to make Nutter angry. Seems Foster’s resident all-around-cool-guy played his hand a bit too quickly. She wanted to be with him at first, and the scene implied that they were both responsible for what happened on the roof, but she was rather angry. Perhaps she was merely angry due to the order to go outside, but why would Khones need to apologize for that?

Perhaps he tried to steal a base.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 11-22-2007 at 03:20 PM.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Shame on some of you guys for posting on the wrong thread.

Hee hee, it's all good, though.

Eh, I thought it was okay, but it was far from being a favorite. I thought it was neat that the crew decided to do an identical episode from another perspective, but I hope they don't do anymore of these. Once is enough. C+ episode.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Shame on some of you guys for posting on the wrong thread.

Hee hee, it's all good, though.

Eh, I thought it was okay, but it was far from being a favorite. I thought it was neat that the crew decided to do an identical episode from another perspective, but I hope they don't do anymore of these. Once is enough. C+ episode.
I'm sorry XD I didn't want to post in this topic since it was kind of ignored, and I saw other people posting in the marathon topic and yea XD

I do wish if they do another identical episode but from another perspective, they at least do it from a perspective of a character we've at least seen before, be it background or otherwise. Unless I'm blind and Peas has been seen before in the background of another episode =P
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I liked this episode (most of it, anyway) until the end. Finding out that what we thought was Frankie turning things around in The Big Cheese was just her following the directions of Peas was a real letdown. Nor did I like seeing her sitting there on the front steps, feeling dejected and defeated. I think this was a kick in the teeth for Frankie fans. It wasn't a bad episode otherwise, but that ending... it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel exactly the same way, Cassini. I might not be a Frankie fan on the same level that you are, obviously, being female, but I certainly do relate to her and admire her. The only real saving grace of "The Big Cheese" for me, aside from Wilt trying to dislodge Cheese from his hand, was how Frankie turned the snide reporter's "dirty laundry" scoop to her-and to Foster's-advantage. I found it really belittling to HER and to her intelligence and resourcefullness to put the credit on this unknown character. I was lukewarm about the character, "Peas", to begin with; I mean, even Wilt isn't THAT overly optimistic! The whole thing with overcoming obstacles seemed to become too "preachy" this time, rather than inspiring. It wasn't a bad episode, and I certainly liked it better than "Ticket to Rod", but it was nothing to write home about, either. The only really big highlight for me was the scene with the killer dust mites lurking in the shag carpet, and that scene with Jackie and Fluffer Nutter-who KNEW? I guess that alone certainly leaves no doubt that Imaginary Friends, whether created by children or not, are certainly capable of some very adult feelings and behavior. Still, the ending was a let-down, a total "cop out" as folks used to say in the '70's.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote