Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:56 AM   #1
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Default Bendy

I like Bendy. Why not? He looks like one of those innocent Dr. Seuss characters, behaves badly and gets away with it, and drives Bloo up a wall. Sounds like fun to me.

Frankie: "Bloo! You flooded the house!"
Bloo: "Yeah, but Bendy took a cookie!"

Still one of my favorite exchanges from the series. I doubt we'll ever see the little menace again, but I'd love it if they'd bring him back once or twice.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:12 AM   #2
Scribble
At Home
Secret Door!  

Send a message via MSN to Scribble

Actually, I really didn't like Bendy... I don't think it was really the fact he was a troublemaker (I mean I like Bloo how ever much trouble he causes) but there was something about him that just really got on my nerves. And I hated the way the other friends were always framed by him... I guess it was more the storyline than the character. I did like his character design though.

Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Well, you are supposed to love to hate Bendy, at least that seemed like what the writers were going for.

He was nicely designed, but I just couldn't find his mean spirit very entertaining. Except for his hijacking of the intercom, that was hilarious.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
Voxxyn
Banned

I know Bendy and EKIB are the bane of many Foster's fans... but, honestly, I can't hate it, if only because the intercom bit remains one of the series' very best moments. Frankie being deeply hurt and saddened as she said "I'm punk rock..." is just adorable.

Bendy is a good antagonist character. He's the kind you love to hate, instead of just hating him.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
rukift
At Home

I should just go ahead and say this right now, I love Bendy. His episode not so much, it was a little repetative. But the character? Yeah, he's just so cool. He's one of the many one-shots who I can't stop thinking about why he acts the way he does, my theory there being that he was you know, just sort of born that way like "Frank, Joe, and Phil" were. I don't think he went through anything traumatic, like Wilt or possibly Berry. He's just always been a little brat.
rukift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
Actually, I really didn't like Bendy... I don't think it was really the fact he was a troublemaker (I mean I like Bloo how ever much trouble he causes) but there was something about him that just really got on my nerves. And I hated the way the other friends were always framed by him... I guess it was more the storyline than the character. I did like his character design though.
You and me both. There was just something about his character (can't quite place my finger on it) that I just didn't like. He was just kind of annoying.

Last edited by Imaginary Light; 08-26-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Imaginary Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #7
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light View Post
You and me both. There was just something about his character (can't quite place my finger on it) that I just didn't like. He was just kind of annoying.
His voice was really what irritated me... he was just so whiny! I think what also irritated me was the way everyone FELL FOR IT! Although I DID think it was a little comical whenever he got Wilt in trouble by putting muddy sneaker prints everywhere lol... they were all the way on the ceiling!! The humor comes in how obvious it was that it WASN'T Wilt.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

I liked bendy I thought he was pretty cool and had a great design

but whatever happen to him? was he adopted kicked out caus they found out what he was doing or is he still roaming the house causing havoc?

the second one I kinda doubt caus of the the fosters code.

Last edited by kaytea; 09-05-2006 at 11:46 PM.
kaytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #9
rukift
At Home

I'd like to think that over time, he changed and went out to set things right with his first kid... but that is sooo unlikely. He's probably still roaming around and getting into trouble.
rukift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #10
Voxxyn
Banned

More like getting others in trouble

Just imagine a Bendy/Goofball team-up...
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote