Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Hmm, the dust from S5 is still settling here, but after seeing the episodes a number of times now, and in random order, I'm starting to see the season as a whole a little clearer. It's growing on me, as I expected.

At first I very nearly loathed "Cheese A Go-Go", because Cheese was sooo dang annoying, and I of course hate what Frankie had to go through. But as I've seen the episode more, and catch things I hadn't previously, I don't hate it quite as much as I did a few months ago. I'm learning to appreciate it as an actual episode, not just a story about Frankie's worst day in history (well, one of two).

"Ticket to Rod" however is getting more boring to me. There are still things I enjoy about it (the show tunes are fun, as I've seen most of those movies, and Mac is adorible wearing a suit), but I'm just not picking up on any new and fun things in the episode. Therefore it has become kind of boring. I feel I've seen it enough already.

"The Bloo Superdude" will always fascinate me I think. I'm always looking deeper into that story, and coming up with amusing theories.

I've also caught a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense to me, or just outright dumb (imo). For instance, it bothered me in "Something Old, Something Bloo" that the house would go bazurk over Bloo's disappearance before even contacting Mac first. Bloo could have been with him the whole time! That just didn't sit well with me. It always bothered me somewhat with the suicidal teardrop friend in "Bride to Beat", not so much the friend, but suicide itself. And even though I loved that episode (Bloo was just too funny!), it also annoyed me how Mac thought Bloo wouldn't understand about him being a ring bearer. Why wouldn't Bloo understand that? Because he'd be wearing a tux, and Bloo would poke fun at him? Perhaps, I suppose. But it still isn't a good reason to keep the wedding from Bloo. I still wish in "Schlock Star" that they played a second song at least once, instead of "Talk to the Jeans" two and a half times. I would have loved to hear a second song by Pizza Party. Anyway, to sum up, I've found more nit-picks in this season than I've found in the other seasons, and can't help but feel something is starting to slip. But still, it wasn't a bad season. It still held a lot of very entertaining and outright funny moments for me.

Now onward to season 6.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #12
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Hmm, the dust from S5 is still settling here, but after seeing the episodes a number of times now, and in random order, I'm starting to see the season as a whole a little clearer. It's growing on me, as I expected.

At first I very nearly loathed "Cheese A Go-Go", because Cheese was sooo dang annoying, and I of course hate what Frankie had to go through. But as I've seen the episode more, and catch things I hadn't previously, I don't hate it quite as much as I did a few months ago. I'm learning to appreciate it as an actual episode, not just a story about Frankie's worst day in history (well, one of two).

"Ticket to Rod" however is getting more boring to me. There are still things I enjoy about it (the show tunes are fun, as I've seen most of those movies, and Mac is adorible wearing a suit), but I'm just not picking up on any new and fun things in the episode. Therefore it has become kind of boring. I feel I've seen it enough already.

"The Bloo Superdude" will always fascinate me I think. I'm always looking deeper into that story, and coming up with amusing theories.

I've also caught a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense to me, or just outright dumb (imo). For instance, it bothered me in "Something Old, Something Bloo" that the house would go bazurk over Bloo's disappearance before even contacting Mac first. Bloo could have been with him the whole time! That just didn't sit well with me. It always bothered me somewhat with the suicidal teardrop friend in "Bride to Beat", not so much the friend, but suicide itself. And even though I loved that episode (Bloo was just too funny!), it also annoyed me how Mac thought Bloo wouldn't understand about him being a ring bearer. Why wouldn't Bloo understand that? Because he'd be wearing a tux, and Bloo would poke fun at him? Perhaps, I suppose. But it still isn't a good reason to keep the wedding from Bloo. I still wish in "Schlock Star" that they played a second song at least once, instead of "Talk to the Jeans" two and a half times. I would have loved to hear a second song by Pizza Party. Anyway, to sum up, I've found more nit-picks in this season than I've found in the other seasons, and can't help but feel something is starting to slip. But still, it wasn't a bad season. It still held a lot of very entertaining and outright funny moments for me.

Now onward to season 6.
They COULDN'T contact Mac in "Something Old, Something New", not before he showed up at the house, anyway. Mac's mom does not know he still has contact with his Imaginary Friend, plus, Mac would have been at school, and schools absolutely DO NOT allow anyone outside of a child's immediate family, or anyone on a list of allowable people provided by the family, to contact children. We can't take chances with all the nut-cases out there.

On the wedding thing-yeah, I think Mac was worried that Bloo would have made fun of him for going to the wedding, period, whether or not he was wearing a tux. Just the fact that Mac was IN the wedding would have probably generated some real heavy-duty sarcasm from his Imaginary Friend, especially since attending the wedding would have meant putting off his time with Bloo, and you know that Bloo considers himself the center of the universe!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:45 AM   #13
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I personally didn't have a problem with Monsieur Weep/Oui's (we never did decide upon the name) suicidal tendencies. True, it's darker subject matter than you'd perhaps expect from a family-orientated cartoon, but it wasn't overplayed, and I wouldn't really say that it's any darker than Berry's attempted murder of Mac in "Affair Weather Friends", or indeed Terrence's chomping down of the live pizza IF in "Seeing Red".

Monsieur's morbid interests in his own self-destruction simply make him a more interesting character in my eyes. He's currently the only Season Five debutant I've really taken to, but then I seem to recall it being a pretty slow season overall for newer characters.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 01-24-2008 at 06:48 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #14
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
He's currently the only Season Five debutant I've really taken to, but then I seem to recall it being a pretty slow season overall for newer characters.
Hey! What about Peas?

(Silence.....Tumbleweed)

Er..I'll get my coat

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #15
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Hey! What about Peas?

(Silence.....Tumbleweed)

Er..I'll get my coat
You, sir, have just scored serious points upon the awesomeness meter. The Fast Show = awesomeness.

And we'll overlook that Peas comment, eh?

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #16
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I thought we had an unspoken agreement to wipe that episode from our minds.

Or perhaps that was just me.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #17
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Unfortunately, we're stuck with it. That travesty aside, I found Season Five to be highly enjoyable, with Affair Weather Friends topping the list. Favorite moments? The "Frankie Fairy" bit from Bloo Superdude, and of course the return of the little black dress in Ticket To Rod, which still makes my eyes spin.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:06 AM   #18
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Season Five? I can take it or leave it. There were good moments though in each of them. I will have to agree with the black dress from FMD, making a second appearance on Frankie in "Ticket to Rod." Yes the Frankie Fairy was definitely a hoot and a holler. Of course Bloo himself as the Superdude was hilarious. Nice to see the return of Berry Scary, she is such a psycho! I was very disappointed with ending the season with "The Little Peas" (reminded me too much of Mickey Mouse or Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo).
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #19
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Season Five wasn't a very good season for me. The episodes that started and ended this season didn't go so well. My favorite episodes from the season were "Bloo Superdude", "Nightmare in Wilson Way", "The Buck Swaps Here", and "Affair Weather Friends". "The Little Peas" wasn't a good very to end this season. This episode isn't bad but isn't good either. Goo hasn't been seen much this season, I wouldn't be surprised if an episode wasn't focused on her, possible due to the fact that she hasn't been seen a lot in Season Five.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
They COULDN'T contact Mac in "Something Old, Something New", not before he showed up at the house, anyway. Mac's mom does not know he still has contact with his Imaginary Friend, plus, Mac would have been at school, and schools absolutely DO NOT allow anyone outside of a child's immediate family, or anyone on a list of allowable people provided by the family, to contact children. We can't take chances with all the nut-cases out there.
In trying to see the scene from a real life point of view, I still think they went bazurk too soon. I can see them worrying about Bloo, wondering where he is, but someone sensible like Frankie or Wilt assuring everyone "Let's not worry too much yet. He might just be with Mac." And then when Mac shows up without Bloo, yeah, then they'd have reason to go bazurk. Looking at it from a Foster's universe point of view, I think an IF could have stopped by Mac's school while he was out at recess, or meeting him after school, and asking if he knew where Bloo was. Imaginary Man met him after school, on the school grounds. So they could have just sent an IF to contact Mac if they were worried enough. Either way would have been more sensible than going crazy at Bloo's disappearance before Mac even showed up at the house.

Although that little tidbit always bugged me, I'm not at all trashing the eppie though. I rather liked it. Madame F's quirkiness was pure fun. And I loved how Mac was annoyed with her, yet still respectful. We haven't seen the two interact so much before.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote