Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:57 PM   #151
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I've taken the liberty of posting a link to your idea in the episode thread; hope you don't mind.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #152
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Thanks guys, I'm quite humbled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelltoon View Post
Wow Medikor, I never would have thought of it that way! If they wanted to get that across, they could have tried an entirely new episode rather than rehash a story and take away one of Frankie's moments of triumph.
Well if my impression is true then a least they tried, right?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #153
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I just gave Peas a watch and something struck me very early on in the episode. I believe Peas is actually a representation of us Frankie fans. Peas was pleading to the other friends about how ungrateful they are about everything she does for them and the house but his words, much like ours, fell on deaf ears.
Like us, Peas truly appreciated Frankie yet was unable to let her know or cheer her on when she needed it. But what really intrigued me was that he did eventually manage to help her out. I may be grasping at strings here, but I really feel that the people behind Fosters made this episode as a nod to us. Yes it was hard to see Frankie actually be hard on herself, but I honestly feel that it was us that helped her pick herself back up and help her out when she needed it most.
I totally agree with you man! Great theory there!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #154
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I hope I'm not late for this, but my name goes on whatever you're doing for Frankie, Cass.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #155
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Quote:
I just gave Peas a watch and something struck me very early on in the episode. I believe Peas is actually a representation of us Frankie fans. Peas was pleading to the other friends about how ungrateful they are about everything she does for them and the house but his words, much like ours, fell on deaf ears.
Like us, Peas truly appreciated Frankie yet was unable to let her know or cheer her on when she needed it. But what really intrigued me was that he did eventually manage to help her out. I may be grasping at strings here, but I really feel that the people behind Fosters made this episode as a nod to us. Yes it was hard to see Frankie actually be hard on herself, but I honestly feel that it was us that helped her pick herself back up and help her out when she needed it most.
Medikor,

While I have not seen the episode yet, Ithink your theory is beautiful. I happen to be another Frankie lover (stating the obvious), and I hope all went well for out charming little redhead.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #156
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:

Wow, *slaps forehead* That is amazing, and you could actually be onto something there! Now, for a "kiddie show" that's only supposed to appeal to the 4-10 year-old demographic, that would indeed be a pretty deep metaphore, if indeed that is the case! I know that Bloo's theories about who created Wilt and all the horrific things that Wilt supposedly did in the past was a comedic tip of the hat to us Wilt fangirls, but I honestly never would have thought of Peas as being symbolic for Frankie's male fans!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #157
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I've gotten up and walked to the screen before. Usually because I'm touched somehow and want to hug someone. So I get up and send a virtual hug to them. I probably do it to Mac more than anyone else, but I've done it a time or two for Frankie, too. In "TLP" when I heard her sob, and she called herself a loser, I felt a lump rise in my throat and I held my arms out to her and said "No you're not!" I seriously felt like tearing up there for a second. I didn't actually get up this time, but I did give her a virtual hug.

Yeah, add my name to whatever project you're doing, Cass.

Also, I agree Medikor's theory is very interesting. That's a very good point.

Last edited by Lynnie; 11-25-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #158
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Medikor really does make a point. Peas does seemed to symbol for the Frankie fans. I do feel really guilty seeing Frankie cry in "The Little Peas", I really made me wish I was in the cartoon or I would have done something about it. That's part of the reason why I made my characters at DA.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #159
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash-N-Cortex View Post
Medikor really does make a point. Peas does seemed to symbol for the Frankie fans. I do feel really guilty seeing Frankie cry in "The Little Peas", I really made me wish I was in the cartoon or I would have done something about it. That's part of the reason why I made my characters at DA.
Let's just hope this doesn't mean the creators view us as microscopic, annoying, pestering, speck sized Frankie fans like we see Peas as.

I'd hate to think we look/sound like THAT to the creators.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-25-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #160
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

When we met her, Lauren Faust had dyed her hair red. As in, red-red. Firetruck-red. Frankie-red.

The resemblance was there!

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-27-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote