Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

I was wondering why Jackie Khones and Fluffer Nutter were on the roof together on the Foster's float in the parade today... I wonder if that was meant to be a hint at what happened in today's ep?
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
fosters-fan
At Home

Send a message via AIM to fosters-fan

Oh, c'mon! It wasn't THAT bad. Peas was a hero!

If Peas hadn't come in in the end, Frankie wouldn't have gotten an idea to turn the whole bad news story around! So I liked this episode, because Peas really turned up in the nick of time to help Frankie! ^_^

-Eduardo, 'Eddie Monster'
fosters-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #13
Shuvcat
Newly Abandoned

I was tricked by this ep too, thought they were showing the same one over. I think it was a clever idea (ala Back to the Future 2, showing the same film from a different POV), but I think it suffered from being the "alternate version" of an ep that wasn't that good to begin with. (I call The Big Cheese the "Let's make as much noise as possible" ep. And I like Cheese. Honest.)

Then again, sometimes when they decide to experiment this way with a well-loved ep, it backfires even worse. I give them an A for effort and E for execution. I was scared for Peas more than I was rooting for him. (Was anyone else reminded of "Honey I Shrunk the Kids"?)
Shuvcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters-fan View Post
Oh, c'mon! It wasn't THAT bad. Peas was a hero!

If Peas hadn't come in in the end, Frankie wouldn't have gotten an idea to turn the whole bad news story around! So I liked this episode, because Peas really turned up in the nick of time to help Frankie! ^_^
That isn't the point. When The Big Cheese aired, Frankie turned everything around on her own. Now, with this rewriting of history, they've taken that triumph away from her. What next? Will we be told that Madame Foster rigged the election in Setting A President? It was so unecessary to do this to her. She deserves better.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-22-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
What next? Will we be told that Madame Foster rigged the election in Setting A President?

Yeah, she hired a bloke by the name of Rhett Conn to monkey around with vote tabulating machine.

A cookie to anyone who gets that sly little joke.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #16
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Okay, now I've seen the ep and I can say I didn't like it. I agree with Cass and pbl. This ep was either a way to try to rehash the popularity of The Big Cheese with Cheese fans, OR it was their way of trying to show us that there was more than Cheese to that episode. Which is a nice enough sentiment but I just didn't care for the end result. Sorry.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #17
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

The episode is okay. For me, the episode seemed to be at the borderline between good or bad. This episode seems to explain how Frankie turn things around. Peas is a cool character, but its hard to help anyone since he's small. He's smaller than Grey Matter from "Ben 10". The thing I liked is how Peas tries to help Frankie. That's the only thing I probably like about this episode.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #18
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

If this was a way of trying to boost the popularity of Cheese, then I felt like they didn't get the job done (they could have done a lot more). Then again, I did not have high expectations for the episode, as I figured it would have to do with TBC episode. As I've stated before, they can't all be winners, but this one was pretty low. Hopefully, they won't do anymore episodes like this one.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #19
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

"I thought shag went out in the 70's!"

antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #20
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash-N-Cortex View Post
The episode is okay. For me, the episode seemed to be at the borderline between good or bad. This episode seems to explain how Frankie turn things around. Peas is a cool character, but its hard to help anyone since he's small. He's smaller than Grey Matter from "Ben 10". The thing I liked is how Peas tries to help Frankie. That's the only thing I probably like about this episode.

It's not the point that Peas tried to help Frankie, but the fact that Frankie IS perfectly capable of thinking up a way to turn her bad luck around herself, without any help from anyone. This episode made it seem that Frankie is simply one who gives up, sits down and wallows in self-pity, and that without Peas whispering in her ear, would have never found a way to turn that negative news report to her favor. THAT's what most of us have an issue with. Next thing you know, they'll have a version of Good Wilt Hunting from Peas' perspective, with Peas whispering in Wilt's ear telling him to get up off the bedroom floor, and do what he's gotta do to go and challenge Foul Larry, and Peas whispering in Mac's ear to tell him that Wilt's creator is really Jordan Michaels, to make us think that Wilt never would have had the courage to face his old nemesis without Peas' support, or Mac would not have had the intellect to equate Wilt's facial expressions while playing basketball with Jordan's facial expressions, without some hints from Peas.

My only hope is that Peas is rather like Bloo, and tends to "toot his own horn", to paraphrase Eduardo, and give himself credit for things he never did to compensate for his size(or lack thereof). In telling HIS version of what happened, he made himself out to be the larger-than-life hero, when he probably never got off of that one waxed linoleum block on the foyer floor!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote