Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Taco Wiz
Newly Abandoned

Default Does the show use scripts?

I was thinking the Foster's nerds might know. Most cartoons do storyboards after getting the main plot down, so I wanted to know. Foster's is pretty writing based, despite how awesomely drawn much of the imaginary friends are.
Taco Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yes, Craig posted some scans (blurred out at least) over on his blog some time ago, when they were making an episode, to show the process.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

I'd find it pretty silly if Foster's didn't use scripts. There's no way they could improvise an entire episode like that... well, save for Cheese who is easy to improvise with.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Unfortunately, the post with the script scans were among those removed from the blog a year and a half ago, so they're no longer on his blog. I do remember them though, a pic of them posted onto a bulletin board with thumb tacks, and then the blurry scans.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
Taco Wiz
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelltoon View Post
I'd find it pretty silly if Foster's didn't use scripts. There's no way they could improvise an entire episode like that... well, save for Cheese who is easy to improvise with.
Actually, I meant using storyboards for dialogue and animation. Now, here's a list of cartoons that do that.

Spongebob
Ren and Stimpy
Looney Tunes
Flapjack
Chowder
Phineas and Ferb

Ummm...that's all I know of.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #6
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

If you meant to originally ask if the show uses storyboards, then the answer is still yes. I studied the animation process at Cal Arts and the University of Southern California, and seriously, I have yet to hear of any animated show that did not use storyboards. As far as Foster's is concerned I happen to know one of the storyboarders so unless he just sits around doing nothing all day...lol.

All you have to do is watch the opening creds of an ep of Foster's to see the storyboard artists listed. I always list them on the screencap pages.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
Taco Wiz
Newly Abandoned

Some shows do storyboards AFTER scripts, and some shows don't use scripts and just record dialogue straight from the storyboard. Then again, this is just what I've gathered from reading interviews, watching behind-the-scenes documentaries, listening to DVD commentaries...
Old 12-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #8
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Of course they did.