Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:43 AM   #861
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
south park

cartman pretends to have tourette's. not very funny in my mind. then he loses his abiltity to filter what he says (aka, he cant lie, whatever is in his mind is said.) i found that hilarious. karmas funny sometimes.
The best part of the Episode IMHO was when Cartman was singing "I got a Golden Ticket" from "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"

Last edited by taranchula; 10-05-2008 at 07:50 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:41 AM   #862
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Stella Street: Series One

Did you know that when some of the biggest stars of the stage and screen of the past forty years aren't off in Hollywood exercising the tools of their trade, they like to reside in the ostensibly ordinary Stella Street? No kidding, they're all here - Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson, Joe Pesci, Al Pacino, David Bowie, and more - all courtesy of the magic of John Sessions, Phil Cornwell and a string of entertaining impersonations. The episodes are pretty short and filmed on quite a low budget, but Sessions and Cornwell are far from hindered by the constraints of this, and manage to produce a sitcom that's very original, interesting and uncoventional. Admittedly, I seldom found it to be laugh-out-loud funny to begin with, but I got more and more roped as it went - there's quite a lot of subtle and understated humour which it may take a little time to fully appreciate, and, beyond the sheer novelty of the impersonations, the celebrities themselves do strangely start to grow on you as characters as the series progresses.

I particularly liked the portrayal of John Hurt - depicted here as foul-mouthed, egotistical and constantly inebriated - though his appearances are rather few and far between. Also great is football pundit Jimmy Hill, who's portrayed here as kind of the sad, desperate village idiot of the bunch, and of course Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of Rolling Stones notoriety, who manage the local corner shop. Plus, there are a few "ordinary" residents, including Len, a peculiar gardener whom Dirk Bogarde becomes convinced is plotting to murder him.

Yes, good stuff. Now I need to move onto Series Two, which is when I hear that Sir Alec Guinness shows up...or maybe it's Series Three.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-04-2009 at 02:37 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #863
emperor26
Foster's Legend

The Secret Saturdays

Just saw this on Friday on Cartoon network, and I have to say, the show is the best the network has to offer. The pace of the show was smooth, the action was great, the plot is intruiging, and the characters stands out very well. Aside from that, it gives off the Johnny Quest vibe, as well Hanna-Barbara cartoons from the 60's. I also like their choice of voice actors, including Corey Burton, Nicole Sullivan and Dorian Harewood. Overall, the show is a must-see, and I recommend this to anyone.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #864
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

How the Weather Changed History on the Weather Channel. This specific episode was about the Galveston Hurricane of 1900, and how the changes they made to the city and the island as a whole afterward still stood up during Ike a few weeks ago. Without the lessons the Galvestoners learned 108 years ago, Ike would have done a LOT more damage than it did. Rather interesting, especially since it covers Victorian times, which is one of my favorite eras of all time. Next weeks episode, the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. I'll try to tune into that too, as it's also Victorian times.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #865
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

the new south park episode.

Spoiler Below
i loved the way all the kids were acting to get spielberg and lucas arrested. ive never seen crystal skull, but i still found it hilarious.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #866
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Survivor: Gabon. I can't wait to see GC get eaten by that elephant in the next episode! Also, I plan to sit down and watch some Lucky Star since my DVD's of volumes 1 and 2 came in the mail yesterday. Volumes 3 and 4 will be shipped to me in early November. Yay!

Last edited by Medikor; 10-10-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:18 AM   #867
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Growing Up Creepie

It's a cute show on Discovery Kids about a goth girl raised by bugs. There's some educational value at the end of each episode, and it's given me a greater appreciation for insects and nature.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #868
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

some halloween special of scooby-doo on cartoon network.

i dont get alot of things about this. although my main questions are "why does it have a laugh-track" and "how could a small town get KISS to play for them"

otherwise it was pretty good. pretty simple setup, but i still had no idea who done it till it was over. thats always a good thing in mysterys.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #869
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera (on YouTube) - Enter the Cuervo

Vendetta!! This is a hilarious show. I've only just started, but I really need to see more of this show! It's brilliant.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #870
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

south park.

Spoiler Below
so cartman is making fun of one of those serious topics. then wendy decides to get in a fight with him. he tries to get out, but nothin works. then he goes to his mom whining and gets her grounded, i think. so now she cant fight, and makes her look like she chickened out. Then he goes back to making fun of serious topic. now its a commerical break.

cant wait to see how it ends, hope to see cartman get whats coming to him. that'd be hilarious.

Spoiler Below
so its over now. wendy gets called up to the principal, where she tells her about her experiences with serious topic. actually, i think it was breast cancer. anyway, she more or less called cartman cancer, and told wendy to fight regardless. and he did get his bum kicked. i laughed ever so hard. he crys because he felt like they now all think he wont be cool or think high of him, but they just remind him that theyve always hated him. and he acts like they are trying to make him feel better.

gawrsh, i hate cartman.

Last edited by some guy you dont know; 10-15-2008 at 06:30 PM.
some guy you dont know is offline   Reply With Quote