Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 09-19-2022, 06:27 AM   #1
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

Default FHFIF: The Complete Series DVD to be released in October

Per this tweet, FHFIF and Ed, Edd n Eddy are finally getting "complete" DVD releases. I put "complete" in quotes because people are saying the EEnE set seems to be missing some specials and the movie, and at this time there's no word on exactly what is included in the FHFIF set - the DVD box and Amazon listing don't list an exact episode count, it just says it's an 11 disc set. So I'm not sure if this will include the specials or "Destination Imagination".
(I'm sure it'll include "House of Bloos" if nothing else.... but I'd bet anything it'll be the cut-into-three-parts version - that's the version that was on the old DVDs, wasn't it?)

It also doesn't say if this set includes any of the bonus features that were present on the previous DVD releases. (And looking at the reviews - gosh, I'd forgotten all about "Race for your Life" having two different endings...! I hope they include both.) No word on if the shorts will be included either.

Nitpicking aside, it's great to see them finally giving our show the full release it deserves! I hope more old CN shows get this treatment soon. And I do hope that this is the "complete" series - fingers crossed we get clarification on that sooner rather than later.

The DVD is NTSC format (I'm not holding my breath for a PAL release ) and should be released on October 18th. Retail price is $79.99, but Amazon currently have it listed at 14% off for a total of $68.99 plus shipping, which isn't too bad.

You can preorder it here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BBN7WCRK

Ugh, they're using that awful "stoned Wilt" stock art for the cover...
Old 09-19-2022, 07:53 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I appreciate the info, I preordered (first package to go to our new house ).
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 01:42 AM   #3
FrankRTWiw
Newly Abandoned

Probably the last member on here.  

If it has the shorts, I will almost certainly find a way to buy it.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:00 AM   #4
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

Reading through the Amazon reviews for this set, it looks like:

- Seasons 1-3 are just straight re-releases of the original DVDs from back in the day, so the s1 eps are in production order rather than broadcast ("Busted" as first regular ep, instead of "Store Wars")
- "House of Bloos" and "Good Wilt Hunting" are the split-into-parts versions
- It says the commentary track for "Mac Daddy" is present, no word on the commentary for "Store Wars" but I'd assume that's probably included too
- All eps are there including the specials (hooray!), BUT it doesn't look like the shorts are included Someone confirmed the alternate ending for "Race for your Life" isn't on there either, which is a shame.
- I'm just gonna quote one review directly here since it's the sort of thing that I'm not very knowledgeable about - "Screen size presentation is inconsistent. Seasons 1-3 offers correct screen size presentation, season 4 offers a pillarboxed widescreen presentation and seasons 5-6 offers standard widescreen presentation."

Sounds like a good set overall though Pity there's stuff missing but at least all the regular episodes are there.