Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default Wiimmfi (Nintendo)

I discovered this recently and thought it was neat so thought I'd share.

So back in 2014 I think it was Nintendo shut down their servers that made it possible to play certain games on the DS and the Wii online with other players. Some guys were ready with their own server and now if you make certain changes to your connection you can still play most games online (I think there may be other 3rd party servers out there but I believe Wiimmfi is the most popular).

I personally owned exactly zero wifi-compatible DS and Wii games before but since I still don't have a Switch I decided to try the older Animal Crossing games so I bought the DS and Wii ones and have started playing those after getting Wiimmfi set up. I admit the main thing people seem to use Wiimmfi for is Mario Kart but I still think that the fact that this server was created is pretty neat.

If anybody wants to set up their DS or their Wii to use Wiimmfi here are the best videos:

Nintendo DS

Wii

It has to be noted that the DS/DS Lite can only connect with a WEP or unsecured network, so if you can't change your router settings that will be your first hurdle. I got it working though so ask me if you need help. Also the Wii doesn't seem to want to connect to Wiimmfi on a wired connection so if you're using one you'll have to switch to wireless.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote