Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:36 PM   #1
Strawrat
Newly Abandoned

Smile A playable version of Big Fat Awesome House Party has been recovered

Hey, nearly two years ago I made this post about reviving the web game Big Fat Awesome House Party (BFAHP) by asking people to search the browser cache of any old computers where they played it. I'm happy to report that BFAHP version 1.14.3 (any updates until 2007-06-18) has been recovered and should be playable in BlueMaxima's Flashpoint in a future release sometime this year.

Here's a 1-hour video of me playing Big Fat Awesome House Party if you want to see the game in action.

Note that this version is still missing several locations, four Game Hive minigames, and some of Bloo's adventures, so the hunt for later versions is still on. In particular, the following locations are not present in this version: Mac's School, The Park, Junkyard, and The Airport.

If you want to help us with this or if you want to potentially find other lost web games by searching an old computer's browser cache, be sure to check this page in the Flashpoint wiki.

Last edited by Strawrat; 02-07-2022 at 10:37 PM.
Strawrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:23 AM   #2
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

Oh wow, that's great news! I never played it much myself (could never get it working) but I know a lot of people missed it. Always great to see lost media getting preserved.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:37 PM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Is there an update on this?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 03:01 AM   #4
carlito_cool
The Coolest Nerd

Im Cool, BayBay!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Is there an update on this?
You can actually play Big Fat Awesome House Party on Flashpoint Core by curating the file. You can download the file from their discord.

BTW, I love being nostalgic once again.

BY the way, this forum might be alive again because this is the only website that has Big Fat Awesome House Party walkthroughs, guides, etc when the game is now released on Flashpoint.

Playing shutterbug mini game in the arcade is so awesome again. The last time i played this game was 13 years ago.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-10-2022 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Merge four back-to-back posts.
carlito_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:41 AM   #5
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

If somebody can please post a step-by-step guide here on how to download and play this game with links I would highly appreciate it. We're in the process of buying a home AND it's my business' busy season so I have not been able to find the time to do it myself. Thank you.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:47 AM   #6
Strawrat
Newly Abandoned

The game is included in the latest Flashpoint release, but there's a bug that prevents this and some other games from working. When a patch is available, I'll post a step-by-step guide.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #7
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawrat View Post
The game is included in the latest Flashpoint release, but there's a bug that prevents this and some other games from working. When a patch is available, I'll post a step-by-step guide.

Thank you very much
Old 01-27-2023, 09:38 AM   #8
Strawrat
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Thank you very much
Since the game was patched in the latest Flashpoint release, I made a new thread with the step-by-step guide.

Tags
bfahp, cache, flashpoint, recovery, shockwave