Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite season?
Season 1 1 9.09%
Season 2 3 27.27%
Season 3 5 45.45%
Season 4 - current one 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #41
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I think the thing I hate most is how they made Homer a whiny jerk instead of the loveable oaf he used to be.
I agree with that 100%. Homer went from being one of the best cartoon characters to one of the absolute worst. People complain that Bloo is too much of a jerk; well, at least he's funny and imaginative. Homer just SUCKS now.

There have been a few surprisingly good current episodes, but the majority of them just fall prey to the same tired formula, setup and jokes. I don't think they care, because it continues to draw in viewers and make lots o' money for FOX.

And it's not just The Simpsons. I remember the later Dexter's Laboratory seasons not being anywhere near as good as the older ones, which I think was largely because creator Genndy Tartakovsky had little to do with them.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #42
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Well unfortunately that's what happens when a series is run into the ground. A long running show is good only if the quality remains. But I don't squarely blame Simpsons, as much as I love the show that I think "outclassed" Simpsons, I do think Family guy helped.

Family Guy introduced a new kind of humor that I don't think everyone was ready for when it first came on: random crap. Robot Chicken, Harvey Birdman, and Perfect Hair Forever are signs of what kind of humor people really seem to like these days.

Family guy literally pulls anything and everything out of their ass. They parody stuff from everything: The Bewitched movie, GI Joe, Transformers, Superman, Bed Bath and Beyond, Spider man "Everyone gets one.....ONE".

I loved that one.

I think Bloo has actually changed from nice guy prankster to pain in the ass actually. I still think Bloo is a good guy deep down but if you watch how he acted in season 1 and what he's become now, he's lost A LOT of his good side.

That is part of what makes him funny but he's probably the only character I have ever seen who has regressed rather then evolved. Which like I said, is still funny.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:21 AM   #43
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I think Bloo has just gotten comfortable at Foster's. But they still manage to show his soft and tender side now and then.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:08 AM   #44
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
My pleasure. The pilot counts as 3 episodes. I've never seen them in episode format, only as a 90 minute movie.
You're lucky you saw it in movie format.
I'm even sick of watching it as 3 episodes.

About Bloo: It's kinda right. He was mean in IOHSFY, but I heard Bloo's the Boss shows his "good side" again. :bloogrin
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #45
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoppy View Post
About Bloo: It's kinda right. He was mean in IOHSFY, but I heard Bloo's the Boss shows his "good side" again. :bloogrin
Yeah it does, but it also shows him at probably his lowest form of stupidity and insanity that I think blows away anything "weird" you've see on this show before.

Trust me, once you see Bloo in this episode, you won't be the same.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #46
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Yeah it does, but it also shows him at probably his lowest form of stupidity and insanity that I think blows away anything "weird" you've see on this show before.

I'm getting more intrigued by the minute here. Just a gentle reminder to everyone, don't give away too many details, lest we spoil the suprise for those without On Demand.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #47
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post

He's been an A-grade pupil in both of these departments as much as weirdness is a Foster's staple... so I guess that pumps me up for the episode even more.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #48
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I scratch all episodes I menat alot of the episodes. I still like Homer both versions are good IMO. But the dumb oaf one was better.the recent mob episode was really funny "...the greatest mob movie ever.."Shark tale"

I hope season 5 is even better than 4 which is the best quality Foster's has had so far!

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #49
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Season 2!