Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #131
Xroc88
At Home

Frankie will hate terrence as much as she hates securRom or Starforce, which was waay worse than securom.
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:57 PM   #132
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
When I dreamed up this idea the thoughts of Terrence developing a crush on Frankie or becoming "de-jerkified" never occurred to me. The former isn't consistent with either Terrence's character or the show's premise, and the latter, well, I never intended for him to become any less of a jerk; the idea was to gain a little understanding of why he's a jerk. I don't see him ever really changing in the slightest until possibly the final episode, if even then.

Yep. I figure college'll change him some, but I don't see anything happening before then.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #133
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xroc88 View Post
Frankie will hate terrence as much as she hates securRom or Starforce.
I think hate is a rather strong word. I'm sure that if Terrence made an honest effort to change then Frankie, and many others at Foster's, would be willing to give him a chance.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #134
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I think hate is a rather strong word. I'm sure that if Terrence made an honest effort to change then Frankie, and many others at Foster's, would be willing to give him a chance.
I think I said this before (but not sure): Terrence can walk on water, and I doubt THAT will be enough to earn Frankie's trust and respect.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #135
Xroc88
At Home

If it were up to me i would have him spend a week in a max security prison, so he can taste of what life is like for trouble makers.
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #136
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Wait a minute...I could have sworn that this was a "Frankie Foster Discussion Thread", so when did it mutate into a Terrence-Bashing thread? There IS a Terrence discussion thread, you know, but there are NO threads on the board devoted to bashing characters.

I will say this much though-as a veteran teacher, who has taught in the public school system now for more than two decades, and who has taught every grade level from four-year-old kindergarten through high school seniors, I have seen more than my share of "Terrences" come through the system. Most are simply troubled kids who have no guidance at home, and most DO manage to turn themselves around and grow a brain, often after finding someone to help them along the way. I can recall one student in particular who not only ACTED like Terrence; he even LOOKED like him, and if ever there was a kid that the world would label a "loser", it was him. Now, after being adopted by an uncle when he was in his mid-teens, a guy who turned his life around, he owns one of the largest automobile dealership franchises in the state. I've also seen a LOT of "Macs"-sweet, kind, smart, considerate kids that you'd think would have it made-turn into total little jerks and utter morons when they hit puberty, and wind up either killing themselves with drugs or getting shot to death before they reach the age of 18. It can go either way, folks.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #137
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Uh, that's not a pretty picture. Very sad.

Anyhoosen, back on topic, sort of, most of us have probably heard of the Valentines Day marathon on CN from 6-11. There is one Foster's eppie due to air during that time. And which one is it? Why yes, one of the best Foster's eppies ever! Our beloved FMD! Due to air at 7:30. So Frankie will be in the spotlight for V-Day. Yay!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #138
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Too quiet in here, and for far too long. Talk to me, guys.

We've talked about the many mysteries in Frankie's background more than once, and there are a lot; what was her major, why doesn't she have an IF of her own, etc. No need to list them all; you know what they are as well as I do. If you could get an answer to any of these questions, which one would it be? Right now I'm thinking I'd like some info on her parents. What are their names, and where are they? Why do we never see them, or even hear about them? What do they do for a living? Are they dead, as some people have speculated? If so, how? Is Frankie their only child, or are there more?

Anyway, that's what I'm wondering about this afternoon as I look at yet another pic of her. How about you guys?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #139
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Siblings? Wow, I've wondered about her parents, but the thought of her having siblings has never entered my mind. That would be cool.

What I've always wondered about is her junior high years. It's such a pivotal place in our lives- entering the teenage years, about to leave elementary school and start high school, the onset of puberty. I just wonder what it was like for her. What kind of friends did she have? Was she "punk rock" back then, or something else? What crazy clothes did she wear when trying to find her own sense of style? Did she wear braces? Did she have acne? What styles did she experiment with in hairstyle? How did she feel about growing up, physically as well as emotionally?

The "tweens" were such an interesting and insecure time for us all I'm sure. I've always wondered how those sensitive years treated her.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #140
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I really do wonder what she was like in high school. Was she particularly popular, was she once a vapid valley girl and then changed her life around to the great person she is now? Was she the lonely cute wallflower who was too shy to ask guys out? High school can be a whole different life and world for people.

I personally think her parents are dead or are missing or something that has made it seem like they are never gonna show up. I also suspect that quite possibly Frankie's parents were workaholics or had jobs that constantly required them to leave at a moment's notice, Frankie seems kind of family left out.

I get the impression she didn't spend a lot of time with her family or possibly was not on very good terms with them. Frankie seems very independent but not by nature, I think responsibility was something she was saddled with and didn't particularly want or desire. Care giving she does want, but the amount of responsibility I'm not so sure.

What I mean by that is, Frankie seems like the kind of person who gets work dumped on her on a daily basis, the fact she gets so used to it without flipping out on a frequent basis indicates either a strong tolerance for it or from my personal judgments based on her facial reactions, reluctant acceptance.

I think Frankie had to take responsibility and work onto her shoulders at a very young age, which is kind of where I still feel the dead parents theory would make sense, making her need to "grow up fast" similar to Bruce Wayne. I don't think Frankie had time to be a kid which may explain why she never had an IF.

I think this also connects to her child like behavior such as when she was in love and acted so giddy and playfully expressive, or her little "sowwy" jokes she makes with Mr. Herriman, and her cookie attack thing. They all seem like repressed signs of immaturity Frankie never got the chance to express as a kid.

Of course, this probably sounded WAY too psychologically in depth like 3 paragraphs ago. But, Cass wanted to shake things up a bit and get us thinking about Frankie, so I figured, go nuts!
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote