Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #71
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

This arrived in my mailbox about a half-hour ago:

Quote:
I’ll not be in town for this Holliday but I was thinking on what to buy you this Christmas...

Look what PayPal recommended me: (Deleted) com
Go and choose your Christmas gift.
I though that you should check it out and choose a product from www (Deleted) com

Let me know, ok?
Chris

PS : Shop your own package now!
Thanks for thinking of me, Chris. By the way, who are you??

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #72
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I happened to have gotten one today, too. A short and sweet one.

Quote:
Asbestos Alert!

You may be entitled to millions

-websight deleted-
And.... yeah. That was it. The websight appeared to be just some random letters thrown together with a few periods and slashes thrown in for good measure. I ain't clickin' that!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #73
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

I just got this in my inbox:

Quote:
Hi Albert, don't know if you remember, I was introduced to through a friend a few years ago. I'm sorry for emailing you out of the blue, I'm just smiling because my wife has made news lately and I want everyone to read it because I'm so proud.

do not know about your cash situation right now but if you are like everyone else, and looking for extra income, I suggest you read her article (US Dream Job - Local Report) it may help you, as it did me.

I'm now rolling im money and get to do my favorite thing, love life and brag about my wife
Haaa, I'm not Albert. Sounds like a scam anyway.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #74
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Is anybody else getting a ton of Facebook scam mails lately? I don't even have a Facebook, so I knew right away it was a scam. Unfortunately my admin email for fosters-home.com has somehow gotten out and I'm getting hit in that inbox too. It's only supposed to be for forum errors and stuff, so that's annoying.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #75
ryanjf97
Banned
Yay. Go Chowder!  

well...
someone hacked my old email and sent something like

"I bought a really cheap ipod touch off (a website link). If you're looking for something cheap go now before it disappears.
Hugs and kisses,
Ryan XOXOX"

this is stupid! i never buy anything off sites except ebay! and nothing over $50.
ryanjf97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #76
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Are you sure they hacked your account? I get emails that appear to have been sent from my own address all the time, but they haven't really been. Kids sometimes use my address to register on MMORPG sites as adults and stuff that way. If people spam hiding behind your account you can even be reported as a spammer. It's a pain.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #77
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

This wasn't an email, but it's the DA equivalent:

"EMERGENCY, VIRUS ON THE LOOSE!

If someone by the name of Alfred Hundana (dragon_heart620) wants to add you to their buddy list, don't accept it. It's a virus. Please tell everyone on your lists, because if someone on your list addes them, you may get the virus too. This virus is a hard-drive killer. We need to find out who is using this account.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

(To send to everyone on your list, just click the drop-down menu in the Recipient field and click 'Unsorted' or whatever the group name for you buddy list is.
"

If you get something like this, ignore it. It's spam, and it's fake. The "person" who actually signed up on DA with a similar username's already banned.

I almost sent it to all who watch me, but I wanted to try blocking first. No matter what I did, it wouldn't work, so I searched the person's username, and all that came up was hate pics and a "It's fake" pic. I clicked on that and in the description was a news article explaining that it's fake and all that. It's now one of my faved news.

But it still scared me a bit when I believed. XD

Last edited by antgirl1; 12-28-2009 at 03:09 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #78
ryanjf97
Banned
Yay. Go Chowder!  

@Sparky

No it was directly from my email address. It even got sent back to me because some email addresses in mine are only MSN. I use Hotmail BTW.
ryanjf97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #79
Sparky

This is now my favorite thing ever:

Quote:
Originally Posted by email I just got
Dear Victim of a cruel hoax,

This email is sent to you because your details were among the details we found on the arrested scam syndicates laptop computers and they have confirmed you as one of the victims of their operations. They usually claims they are Barristers, Bank officials, Lottery Agents, Law enforcement agents (EFCC,FBI,Police officers) e.t.c. They also claim they have money to transfer to you via Western Union, Bank wire transfer, courier delivery of Bank draft/Cashier's check to you, delivery of trunk box by FedEx or want you to be the next of kin of funds that does not exist, and so on.

It was agreed that the sum of fifteen thousand US Dollars (US$15,000) should be transferred to you out of the funds deposited by the Federal Government of Nigeria at First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN) in care of The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) to compensate every scam victims. We want the world to know that this government is highly ready to fight corruption and to regain the good image of Nigeria. We are sorry for all they have done to you, please accept our apology.

We have instructed the compensation scheme set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria to transfer the sum of fifteen thousand US Dollars (US$15,000) to you, We have submitted your details found on the scam syndicates computers to them so that your fund can be transferred to you without misappropriation and we have also insured your fund for security reasons. All you need to do now is to contact the compensation scheme through the compensation scheme private email address stated below, inform them about this notification letter and the transfer of your fund; Although we have forwarded your details to them but to assure them that they are dealing with the beneficiary of the fund, send the details below to them to enable them verify it with the details we send to them previously, as soon as these details are received and they are authentic your fund will transferred to you.

Fill out the following form. All fields mark with * are required:
=============================================
Full Name*:
Address*:
Country*:
Sex*:
=============================================

Compensation scheme email address: iccc.fbn.compensation.scheme@hotmail.com

Important: Do not send your email address and password to anybody. Take note of this because there are lots of fraudsters out there claiming to be your email administrator requesting for email address and password. If you have already done that before it is strongly recommended that you change your password immediately or register a new email address with another password.

Yours sincerely,
Mrs. Fransisca Okocha
Investigation Department
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
13 Creek Road, Marina, Lagos Nigeria
Phone: 01-262-5100

************************************************** ************************************************** **************
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).
************************************************** ************************************************** **************
Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #80
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra Omaru, email scammer
From Sandra Omaru
Abidjan. Cote dIvoire,
West Africa.

Hello dearest,
I deep it a respect and humble submission, I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration, I hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hopes, joy and enthusiasm that I write you this email which I know and believe by faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health.

My name is Sandra Omaru, I am the only child of my late parents Chief. Mr. Williams Omaru. My father was a highly reputable business magnet who operated in the capital of Ivory Coast during his days.

It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on the 12th April 2009. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of mine who travelled with him at that time. But God knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 6yrs old, and since then my father took me so special.

Before the death of my father on April 2009, he called me and informed me that he has the sum of Five Million, Six Hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$5,600,000.00) he deposited in a private Bank here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire.. He told me that he deposited the money in my name, and also gave me all the necessary legal documents regarding to this deposit with the Bank,

I am just 22 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an honest and GOD fearing partner overseas who I can transfer this money with his assistance and after the transaction I will come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convenient for me to return back home if I so desire. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast.

The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world.

I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

What percentage of the total amount in question will you take after the fund has being transferred to your account and I come over to meet you?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immediately I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Picture and also inform you more details involved in this matter.

Kind Regards,
Sandra Omaru.
Not very creative, Sandra.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote