Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall

Notices

Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall Topics relating to the MMORPG FusionFall belong here.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
The Huntsman
Settling In

Default Database Wipe

I regret to inform you all that the FusionFall database has been wiped, meaning that everybody’s characters have been deleted. However, characters that are made during the upcoming open beta are going to be kept. So, even though you have to start over, don’t fret, as you’ll be able to play the open beta and get back to where you were before the official launch.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I mentioned that here yesterday, but okay, if you want to start a whole new thread for it. However CAN we get back to where we were before? Your first post in the open beta thread suggested that it will be the free, limited version only. How can they let everyone play the unlimited version and then revoke all that extra stuff come launch day if they hadn't paid? It seems odd.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
Snakemaster9
Newly Abandoned

Proud Nerd  

Well, most likely it will be the unlimited version, because they are giving a lot of time to play. On the day of launch, the people who didn't pay will still be on the same level, but they wouldn't be able to go to all the areas. They might be in the area they were in for like 3 seconds, then it will take the character to the future area. After all, we had a choice to go to the past. I am sure it will be like this because in another game called Wizard 101, i was in open beta, it was the unlimited version, then when the launch date came and we had to pay, I started out in the starting city. I was the same level, but i couldn't go to the areas that I was in from open beta. Hope that helps
Old 12-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Thanks for the info...

But apparently if you don't pay you can only have 4 nanos, and getting nanos has so far been the only way I know of to gain levels. So they'll strip away all but the first four nanos, do they also reduce you back to level four?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I mentioned that here yesterday, but okay, if you want to start a whole new thread for it.
I wasn’t aware of that. Oh well, it doesn’t really matter.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
Sparky

...Thanks for saying my posts don't matter.

lol, j/k.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Snakemaster9
Newly Abandoned

Proud Nerd  

Thumbs down

They probably won't reduce you. If you were level 15 when the open beta finishes, and didn't pay until March, it wouldn't be fair to start all over again.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #8
Creamy
Settling In

Is He Dizzy Yet?  

Angry

Becomes Livid

I'm not in the mood for starting over, considering I hate the future zone. I was almost out of it to, and now i have to START OVER. I don't feel like playing any more
Old 12-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #9
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamy View Post
I'm not in the mood for starting over, considering I hate the future zone. I was almost out of it to, and now i have to START OVER. I don't feel like playing any more

Not to sound rude, but that's how most beta testing goes. You should never get attached to a beta character as it's just for testing the game. I'm surprised they aren't doing another wipe before launch, really.

The way I look at it is beta is to see if the game has potential, public is playing for real.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #10
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroace View Post
Not to sound rude, but that's how most beta testing goes. You should never get attached to a beta character as it's just for testing the game. I'm surprised they aren't doing another wipe before launch, really.

The way I look at it is beta is to see if the game has potential, public is playing for real.
I totally agree. Without it, there would be a lot more conflicts than before.

I don't know if it's just me, but the performance has improved (the only real complaint is still having an issue with the audio cutting off randomly (that may be a problem with the Unity Web Player)). I believe they've made some minor changes to the game visually. I'm now in the past, so for those that wondered if he/she can play past the Future missions, it appears that you can do that. Oh, and I still don't have my character's name.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 12-27-2008 at 08:08 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote