Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Default Favorite Video Game Bosses

1.) Ganon-LoZ
2.) Bowser-SMB
3.) Wesker-RE
4.) Ridley-Metroid
5.) Xemnas-KHII
Old 01-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I've always been a huge fan of Gannondorf from Ocarina of Time, and I thought the "Master Hand" in Super Smash Bros. was a really original idea!

The fight with handsome Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 was a great showdown, as well.

Last edited by scary_dream; 01-17-2007 at 10:25 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:33 AM   #3
SkittleMonkey
Foster's Legend
Snoozer ish lurve.  

Send a message via MSN to SkittleMonkey

I like the Master Hand too. ^_^ I think Melfice from Grandia II is my favorite though...
Patrick: Yeah, you could be bald and have a big nose!
---------------------------------------------------
Eduardo: No, Senor Bloo! They es magic, not drive around in no car!
Bloo: Nope, he lost his magic; now he dresses like a lady, and the butterfly has legs and an afro.

Last edited by SkittleMonkey; 01-18-2007 at 06:02 AM.
SkittleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Boss Name: Kefka
Game: Final Fantasy 6
Genre: RPG
Systems: SNES, PS1, GBA

The Skinny: Kefka is with out a doubt one of the greatest villains in the world of video games, and the amount of evil stuff he does during the course of the game would make anyone?s head spin, so it's only fitting that the battle against this baddie during the games finale is an intense four part war that is one of the most memorable fights in the history of turn based RPGs.

Boss Name: Mother Brain
Game: Super Metroid (AKA Metroid 3)
Genre: Action/Adventure
System: SNES

The Skinny: Sumas Aran's third adventure brings her back to where the series began, Planet Zebes. Once there she runs into a host of familiar faces including her old arch nemesis the leader of the zebesian space pirates Mother Brain. Whom this time around has a very nasty surprise waiting for everyone's favorite yellow suited intergalactic bounty hunter at the end of the game.

Boss Name: Dr. Wily
Game: Mega Man 7
Genre: Action
Systems: SNES, PS2, GC, XBOX

The Skinny: The core of the Mega Man series is built on the rivalry between the series' protagonist Mega Man and antagonist Dr. Wily. Every time Mega Man thinks he's got the bad doctor beat at the end of one game, Wily comes back with a whole new bag of tricks to rub out the Blue Bomber once and for all. This rings true at the final battle of the seventh game in particular which has Dr. Wily pulling out all of the stops in a fight that is a true test of the player?s endurance.

Boss Name(s): The 16 Colossus'
Game: Shadow of the Colossus
Genre: Action/Adventure
System: PS2

The Skinny: Shadow of The Colossus is a unique action/adventure game, unique in the fact that the games only enemies are the 16 massive bosses you must face off against. Every battle is a fight for your life with only your wits, your sword, your bow and arrow and your horse at your disposal to take them down.

Boss Name: Darth Malak
Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Genre: RPG
Systems: XBOX, PC

The Skinny: This Lord of the Sith is your main source of your characters misery from the beginning of the game, but the battle against Malak becomes WAY personal once a universe shattering secret pertaining to your character is revealed halfway through the game. Thus leading to one of the greatest showdowns in the Star Wars universe.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
Voxxyn
Banned

The fight with Mother Brain at the end of Super Metroid was amazing.

Spoiler Below
The moment when the hatchling Metroid sacrificed itself for Samus is still one of the most touching gaming moments for me. Yeah, laugh all you want, but it's true.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

My fav...

1. Balrog from Cave Story ~ Doukutsu Monogatari,
2. Giygas from EarthBound,
3. The RayMan duplica guy in Rayman 1.

Last edited by HappyFoppy; 01-21-2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Forgot one. A better one.
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I definetly agree about Kefka. He is without a doubt the most well written and colourful villins in videogame history. His insanity, while charming and funny at first, became scary and frightning. His plot twists, while almost obviouse that they would happen, left you with you're jaw on the floor. Even if you could see them comming a mile away it was the way he did these things that really shocked and apalled. Truely the greatest villin ever, not like that sissy Sephiroth.
I think another great villin was Lavos from Chrono Trigger. He was a very thought provoking character in a way. I suppose it being intellagent or not is up to debate but the impression that I got was that he was a parasite (not unlike a tick but on an enormus scale) and happend to land on our planet and simply acted out its nature.
The idea that a simple minded creature that runs purly on instinct and the drive to feed itself cuases a speed-up in human evolution just to nurture itself is very fasinating. And it also leads to great self doubt in characters wondering if they lived their lives for nothing if it was just to help feed a monster.
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance also had some great villins, but if I tried to say why then it would only spoil the wonderful story.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

1. Boswer (Super Mario bros.)

Doesn't matter what Mario you play, be it Mario RPG or Mario Party, Bowser is possibly one of the greatest and classic video game villains of all time. Like Dr. Wily or Ganon, he ALWAYS ends up a villain be it major or minor in the games. One thing I love about Bowser is his appearance, it's just so bad ass looking.

The hair, the spikes, the claws, the big teeth, he's just a great villain who will always remain in the spotlight no matter what day and age he's in.

2. Andross (Star Fox)

One villain I've always loved, Andross is a great foe for Star Fox. Having a maniacal, mad scientist monkey attack you with a giant pair of hands and a giant head never gets old. Andross has a great face and unlike Dr. Robotnik or Wily, he creates LARGE and VERY cool looking monster sized bosses.

They don't fall under cliche catgeories, they range from giant 6 armed lizard gods, to floating brains and monkeys in megazord style robot suits. He's got a great evil laugh too.

3. Perfect Chaos (Sonic Adventure)

Despite the longevity of this game and the annoying fishing portion with Big the Cat, I have never had more fun battling a boss then this one. Chaos is a gigantic water dragon monster, and he has an amazingly cool look to him. The game's movie effects make him look magnificent, and he's really unique.

The way you speed up to lighting strike his brain, the music that plays during the battle, it just adds to the enjoyment of the boss battle. Chaos if you ask me is the best NON mainstream Sonic video game villain they've had yet.

4. The Great Mighty Poo (Conker's Bad Fur day)

The greatest Nintendo 64 game gave birth to probably one of the stupidest and weirdest bosses ever, a singing, talking, opera belching pile of sh**. Something about a giant pile of crap signing and weakened by throwing rolls of toilet paper down his throat just screams out creativity to me.

But seriously, this boss is a riot, he sings and makes the fight so entertaining and less frustrating. The "Big Big Guy" (a giant talking boiler with "balls of brass") is actually my favorite Conker villain, but Poo gets in because he truly is an original and funny as hell game villain.

5. Marx (Kirby's Superstar)

Not many know this guy, he's a weird little dwarf that mutates into this freaky ass, crystal winged bat monster demon thing towards the end of "Kirby Superstar". He's the last boss to face in the "Galaxy" portion of the game on Super Nintendo, and I just think he's a great and super cool game boss.

He's got a very cool appearance and his attacks are so colorful, cinematic, and eye popping you almost want to get hit just to see him use it. I think he's under appreciated as a kirby boss and hope more people find out about him.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

pretty much any member of organization XIII from KH2 if that counts. espically that guy with the guitar thing, because hes easy and funny.

i also like eggman in the sonic games, for the simple fact that its eggman.

ill be back with others
Old 01-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #10
montitech
Foster's Legend

Malcom from the Kyrandia series.

Malcom was such a good villian that he was made the lead character in Hand of Fate the third in the trilogy

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote