Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > The Game Room

Notices

The Game Room Topics on official Foster's video games, board games etc that you can purchase belong here.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Hopefully it's better than the GBA one. Just hope that they'll make decent use of the stylus controls, because a few licensed games on the DS don't use the stylus that well.
Shelltoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #12
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I first heard of it about a month ago now. "Make Believe it or Not" is one of my favorite episodes and I remember thinking How cool it is to have a Nintendo game about it! Haven't seen anything else on it yet, though. I won't be buying it since I don't have a Nintendo, and frankly, have never really been into the whole gaming scene. But I've played Nintendo games before, and they're fun. I'm still curious as to what this new Foster's game is like.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #13
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire
Talking

That's cool! I'll probably pick up a copy.

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #14
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere in other gaming boards. I just felt it deserved it's own place.
Sorry for just now getting to this...Ditchy did post about this not too long ago, in this same board, so I'm merging the two threads now.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
Little Baby IceCream
Settling In
I think I'll call you Chewy  

Sounds cool, but I''m probably not going to be buying it.

~Little Baby IceCream~

Little Baby IceCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #16
emperor26
Foster's Legend

I'm no so sure about its new publisher, since Midway is known for sports games and the Mortal Kombat series.

But if they can capture the spirit of the show within this game, then this might not be so bad.

Last edited by emperor26; 07-19-2007 at 05:53 PM.
emperor26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #17
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula
Default Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22587.html

Here is the E3 trailer for Foster's: Imagination Invaders , Which mixes in some game play footage with various clips from Make Believe It or Not. (And one or two from other season four episodes.)

From the looks of things they are trying to go for some kind of Metal Gear styled stealth action game with some Marioesque platform elements, which if history have taught us anything can be very good or very very bad.

I hope the final build of the game has some kind of use for the touch screen, (Even if it's some kind of map or something)

Otherwise what would be the point of putting a game like this on the DS when you can make essentially the same game on the PS2 or XBox360 or even the Wii and have it look much better and have full on voice acting and lots of video clips too.

Last edited by taranchula; 07-20-2007 at 11:29 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #18
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I just saw the preview video. It doesn't look too bad; but there really isn't much to add on that. Hopefully at the end, this game will not disappoint.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #19
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Hmmm... that footage doesn't give us enough. Shame on you CN for teasing!! Oh well... at least this showed up at E3, compared to the Nicktoons games which get like... no publicity. But if anything, it should be an improvement over the GBA Foster's.
Shelltoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:47 AM   #20
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Found a copy of the video on YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iJL1YDMSrAo

IMHO the game looks good from what I can see (though it seems to be just another "collect stuff" type gameplay like the GBA platform and Awesome House Party), but the trailer is, frankly, TERRIBLE! I mean, overly reused footage from "Make Believe it or Not"? Lazy text intercuts zooming towards the screen? Really, really bad choice of audio for the ending? (Bloo: (not-really-hyper) "Awesome." Mac: (sounding furious) "Well, I can't argue with that!" - clip taken from Bloo's the Boss, after he's yelled at Bloo) It doesn't reflect too well on the game (or maybe the game just IS that bad. >>; ) More than anything it looks like a really badly put-together AMV.

Honestly, they could have at least gotten Keith and Sean to read tow new lines for the promotion; they did it for Bloo's little rollover stint in Awesome House Party, and that game was free. >_>

I know it's linked to the episodes, but I was expecting them to show game clips of Bloo or whoever actually transforming into their make-believe selves, if that was included in the gameplay; it seems totally pointless to show the episode itself in that case. :/
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote