Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:26 AM   #1841
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Charming man.

I just discovered that The Sims Resource site has upgraded itself to a new style and format. This must be some usage of the phrase "New and Improved" that I'm not familiar with. More colors and pictures do not compensate in any way for taking away Gallery View, which was the fastest way to sift through large amounts of material, and given how much stuff they have there, finding what I need just got a whole lot harder.
Ah changes - don't you just luv 'em? We had a change of software at work that I am here to tell you, slows down the wheels of progress instead of streamlining it. I love it - NOT!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #1842
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Lack of room on the computer. Only 3GBs left. Time to start clearing out some files.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 01-08-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Smileys are important...
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #1843
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

We finally got our new HD tv last night. (Thanks GM!!!) It's huge. Anyways so I had gone out and picked up an hdmi cable to hook up the HD Tivo to it and...it didn't work. Tried the cable woth my upconvert dvd player and it didn't work. Tried the hdmi cable I had bought for the dvd player and it worked. Got a new cable today and it worked fine. We seem to have actually wound up with a defective cable or something. Well anyways that's only suck #1.

So to use an HD Tivo instead of getting an HD cable box you just use cable cards. So GM called the cable company to make an appointment for someone to come out and do it, and was told we could come in and get the cards at the office and do it at home. Awesome. So we basically cancelled our plans for the day to go down there and stand in the line that went out the door. Got to the front, was told they don't give out cable cards at the office and an appointment must be made.

W. T. H. Thanks phone-answering person.

(Another suck is that the tv was advertised as having a headphone jack and when we got it home and examined it there was no headphone jack. We got headphones set up another way but geez.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #1844
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Spiders in my house. While I fear them, I respect them enough to guide them into a jar and set them free outside. Them, or any creepy crawler in my house - I am such a neat freak!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #1845
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

Things that annoy me:

stereotypes

ignorance

overly-religious people telling me how to live my life

drunk drivers

politics

when people tell me how to dress/act in public

people who won't accept me for who I am

people who judge others without even knowing them

scary movies/games

bullies

racists

homework

society in general

people who think they know everything

people making fun of me for hanging out with my friends because of who they are

sexists

rapists

rap music

people invading my privacy

people who say violent video games are making children and teens more violent and ruining society

people treating me as if I can't think for myself

and when my family excludes me from things and then they get pissed off at me for not wanting to be with them

That's about it...
Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #1846
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Today it was actually coworkers ticking me off rather than customers. In fact, I didn't have any irritating customers today. That much is definitely nice.

But some of my coworkers were reeeaaallly irritating me today. There's one that, even though I'm her supervisor, she tends to be a "know-it-all", and still tries telling me what to do when I already know what to do. Not to mention of course she doesn't have the authority to do so. I keep finding myself telling her "Yes, I realize that..." Then there are three girls who are good friends, they go to school together and are very clique-y. They basically do what they do when they want to do it, no matter how much I or the managers have to get on them that we need them to do something else first. I worked with two of them today. Then there's another girl who is actually an excellent worker and a sweetheart, but she's a robot. She shows no emotion and that just really bugs me sometimes (it's creepy!), she doesn't think for herself, and she just needs people to tell her what to do all the time. Not that she's dumb or anything, she seems to think that if she's not ordered to do something, she's not suppose to do it, even if it makes common sense or everyone else is frazzled and possibly not thinking everything through, she still doesn't fill in the missing pieces and when she's finished doing what she's told, many times we have to undo what she did because an important step had been left out. She's caused many an inconvenience to everyone.

Add the experience of working with each of these people today to the fact that our shipment finally managed to reach us three days late due to the flooding and avalanches, that equals a very long and tiresome day.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #1847
L.G.
Melvineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Today it was actually coworkers ticking me off rather than customers. In fact, I didn't have any irritating customers today. That much is definitely nice.

But some of my coworkers were reeeaaallly irritating me today. There's one that, even though I'm her supervisor, she tends to be a "know-it-all", and still tries telling me what to do when I already know what to do. Not to mention of course she doesn't have the authority to do so. I keep finding myself telling her "Yes, I realize that..." Then there are three girls who are good friends, they go to school together and are very clique-y. They basically do what they do when they want to do it, no matter how much I or the managers have to get on them that we need them to do something else first. I worked with two of them today. Then there's another girl who is actually an excellent worker and a sweetheart, but she's a robot. She shows no emotion and that just really bugs me sometimes (it's creepy!), she doesn't think for herself, and she just needs people to tell her what to do all the time. Not that she's dumb or anything, she seems to think that if she's not ordered to do something, she's not suppose to do it, even if it makes common sense or everyone else is frazzled and possibly not thinking everything through, she still doesn't fill in the missing pieces and when she's finished doing what she's told, many times we have to undo what she did because an important step had been left out. She's caused many an inconvenience to everyone.

Add the experience of working with each of these people today to the fact that our shipment finally managed to reach us three days late due to the flooding and avalanches, that equals a very long and tiresome day.
Hmph, "know it all's". More like "closet idiots" if you ask me. It ain't worth stressing over that particular girl. Now the clique...sounds like their actions (or lack thereof) are grounds for termination. And the robot...I got nothing . Hope the rest of week turns out better.

What's been aggravating me lately?

-Today, people who leave the front door open to the dorm and the intruder alarm goes off and won't shut off until the door's closed. After at least five minutes of this, I finally went out and closed the blasted door because no one else would.

-Over the weekend, my truck can't climb up steep hills in sleet or snow for the life of me: it has no 4x4 but has weights over its rear axle...apparently that wasn't enough to prevent the tires from spinning. I did get back to my dorm eventually.

Last edited by L.G.; 01-12-2009 at 08:56 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #1848
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Thanks LG. I hope my week goes well, too.

As for this "robot girl", I feel kind of bad for talking about her in the "What ticks you off" thread, because she really is a nice person. Just.... different. She's smart, too, so it's not like she doesn't have common sense. She simply seems to think she's doing what she's suppose to by doing exactly, exactly what she's instructed to do.

It reminds me of a project we did in academy once. I don't remember which class it was for, Economics perhaps. But our instructor set on a table a bunch of bananas, a jar of peanut butter, a bagged loaf of bread, a knife and a plate. Our project was "Using what you see on the table, write detailed instructions on how to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich." Sounds simple, but it was harder than we thought. The next day we turned in our instructions, and our instructor randomly handed them back, and instructed us to follow the instructions on the paper we received back. Some of the most extreme cases sliced a peeled banana because the instructions didn't mention "peel banana", another included spreading the peanut butter on the bag because the instructions didn't mention "take two slices of bread out of the bag." And another included spreading the peanut butter on the bread with your finger because the instructions didn't mention "use the knife to spread the peanut butter on the bread." It was a fun project, I'll always remember it. We were graded both by how detailed our written instructions were, and how precisely we followed the instructions we got back.

Anyway, "robot girl" is just placing a banana on the jar of peanut butter, and then smashing the whole loaf of bread over the two. With how frazzled things can get, it's not uncommon to leave out an important step when instructing someone to do something. But most everyone else has the common sense to do that step anyway, or at least ask about it. She does neither. And what a mess it can turn out to be in the end. It's the loss of time, effort, and even money that ticks me off.

Last edited by Lynnie; 01-12-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #1849
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Thanks to my dog and a glass of tea, I no longer have a functioning "u" key. THANKFULLY, that was the only casualty.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #1850
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
Thanks to my dog and a glass of tea, I no longer have a functioning "u" key. THANKFULLY, that was the only casualty.
Seems to be working okay now...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote