Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:50 AM   #141
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Default Sometimes I need to vent

I didn't post this earlier because y'all already think I'm insane when it comes to Frankie, but I need to tell you about it. Some of you may recall that I told you about what I did when Imposter's first aired; specifically, the part where I was so angry at Gooftard that I got out of my chair and approached my TV, intent on doing some serious hurt to him. I stopped myself because it was obviously pointless to try, but it didn't change how I felt. Well, something similar happened a few days ago during The Little Peas, during that really sad scene where Frankie is saying, "Nothing ever works out for me. I'm such a loser." I'm out of my chair again and saying, "Oh, Frankie, no," as I head for the TV, and then I'm sitting there with my hand on the screen, the spot where her hand is, knowing that I'm accomplishing nothing but too moved to stop.

I've never met a TV character, real or otherwise, who touches me as deeply as this wonderful lady. Hell, I'm not sure I've met anyone on this side of the screen who does. She puts up with so much on the show, is constantly used and treated like an object on other sites, and now this? It isn't right. I know it's her role on the show to be the overworked, overstressed caretaker, and honestly I don't have a problem with that; it's a funny role, and she does it well. But to rewrite the show's history and take away one of her rare moments of triumph? I feel like it was an act of betrayal. They need to give her an episode of her own - no, at this point she deserves a full-length movie, and so do her fans. They can put her through hell (and probably will) but as long she gets a huge win that's fine, and I'd like to see the rest of the cast finally say "Thank you" for all the hard work she does for them and the House. (And no pairings, but you already know where I stand on that.) She's earned at least that much, if not more.

Yeah, I've probably gone over the top again, I know, but I had to get this off my chest. Everybody needs to vent now and then. In the meantime, I feel the need to do another tribute pic of some sort. If y'all want your names on it, like I did with the Valentine's Day card I made back in February, let me know, either here or by private message.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #142
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

yes. Frankie Movie. Now

Please, Craig and Lauren, please?

ETA and you can throw my name down, too. thanks man

Last edited by Partymember; 11-25-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #143
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

I'd be glad to put my name on anything Frankie. I think maybe we should send this one to CN and the Foster's crew so they know how we feel about her?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #144
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

That was quite the moving story, Cass. I've yet to see that episode but it does sound like a kick in the teeth. But I'm sure the Fosters crew is building up to something. Frankie's popularity can't possibly be going unnoticed by them. If/when they make another Fosters special I'm sure it will be very much what you, and many of us, are hoping for.
Frankie's character is a wonderfulcell opportunity for some real quality story telling, emotion and, most importantly, a feel good ending for our favorite red headed care giver. Oh and I'd love to be included on that special pic you're working on.

*EDIT*

That's a great idea, Shelltoon. Showing the powers that be just how important our favorite character is to us would be a great thing. But it would probably be better to send it to Craig and Lauren since they're real people and not CN bigwigs.

Last edited by Medikor; 11-25-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #145
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

You don't really have to ask me if i want my name on it do you heh, sure as Hell I do. In regards to your truly wonderful little speech there Cass (It really was nice), I hope you don't mind if I be a little honest with you and I pray it doesn't harm our friendship as it is not my intention.

To be perfectly truthful, I honestly find the whole going to the screen thing a tad strange, strange but understandable. I myself have never done such a thing nor do I think I will, no matter what love I have for a character. The most I do is cringe, look away, or just groan and dread when something bad happens to that character.

The strongest toon girls I have ever done that for are Sailor Jupiter and Frankie, no other has really had that strong of an effect on me and I'm pretty equally devoted to each of them. My closest form of venting would be what I do in fan fics with characters I feel I want to make happy because of their mistreatment on the show.

And those two I mentioned are no exception to being mistreated by their shows creators. Bad as "Peas" was, I can easily watch that episode again despite how much it sucked over the abominable "Imposter's" (I won't even dare glimpse at "Surprise for you" again). But what Frankie said in "Peas" truly was the worst thing she's been through.

Frankie has been through hell in quite a few episodes, sometimes it didn't bother me "Bloooo!", "Store Wars". Other times it REALLY bothered me "Imposter's", "The Big Peas". But the amazing thing about her was she was strong enough to bounce back from anything, even at the end of "Imposter's" she sprang back.

Which is one of the biggest problems with the ending to "Peas". Frankie sprang back from the news crew disaster with that poor house idea, it was a sign of her strength as a person who endures SO much from SO many. What's worse is as Cass said, to actually HEAR her call herself a loser, it's unthinkable.

Its almost heartbreaking to think she would EVER use such a word to describe herself, she is anything but a loser considering all the things she does for everyone.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #146
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
You don't really have to ask me if i want my name on it do you heh, sure as Hell I do. In regards to your truly wonderful little speech there Cass (It really was nice), I hope you don't mind if I be a little honest with you and I pray it doesn't harm our friendship as it is not my intention.

To be perfectly truthful, I honestly find the whole going to the screen thing a tad strange, strange but understandable. I myself have never done such a thing nor do I think I will, no matter what love I have for a character. The most I do is cringe, look away, or just groan and dread when something bad happens to that character.

The strongest toon girls I have ever done that for are Sailor Jupiter and Frankie, no other has really had that strong of an effect on me and I'm pretty equally devoted to each of them. My closest form of venting would be what I do in fan fics with characters I feel I want to make happy because of their mistreatment on the show.

And those two I mentioned are no exception to being mistreated by their shows creators. Bad as "Peas" was, I can easily watch that episode again despite how much it sucked over the abominable "Imposter's" (I won't even dare glimpse at "Surprise for you" again). But what Frankie said in "Peas" truly was the worst thing she's been through.

Frankie has been through hell in quite a few episodes, sometimes it didn't bother me "Bloooo!", "Store Wars". Other times it REALLY bothered me "Imposter's", "The Big Peas". But the amazing thing about her was she was strong enough to bounce back from anything, even at the end of "Imposter's" she sprang back.

Which is one of the biggest problems with the ending to "Peas". Frankie sprang back from the news crew disaster with that poor house idea, it was a sign of her strength as a person who endures SO much from SO many. What's worse is as Cass said, to actually HEAR her call herself a loser, it's unthinkable.

Its almost heartbreaking to think she would EVER use such a word to describe herself, she is anything but a loser considering all the things she does for everyone.
No offence taken, don't worry about it. As I said way back in the old thread, we each deal with our feelings in different ways. Believe me, it wasn't something I'd planned on; it just happened, that's how strong my feelings were.

The hardest part about all of it was hearing Frankie calling herself a loser. We might expect Bloo to call her that, and we'll roll our eyes and be annoyed with him, but to hear Frankie say that of herself... wow. That caught me completely off-guard. All the hard work she does around that house, all the cooking, the cleaning, maintainence work, gardening, shopping, and sticking with it year after year because she's dedicated to doing so and because she believes it's the right thing to do, that is so not a loser, not to me, and I dare say not to anyone who considers himself or herself to be a fan or a friend. Foster's would fall apart without her, without this winner, to hold it together. So I'm going to stop here and say something that I've never heard any of the other residents say but truly needs to be said, and I know in my heart that I speak for many of you as well as I say this:

Thank you, Frankie Foster, for everything that you do.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #147
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Thank you, Frankie Foster, for everything that you do.
Sorry I didn't say it sooner myself, Ditto ditto Frankie ditto ditto.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #148
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I just gave Peas a watch and something struck me very early on in the episode. I believe Peas is actually a representation of us Frankie fans. Peas was pleading to the other friends about how ungrateful they are about everything she does for them and the house but his words, much like ours, fell on deaf ears.
Like us, Peas truly appreciated Frankie yet was unable to let her know or cheer her on when she needed it. But what really intrigued me was that he did eventually manage to help her out. I may be grasping at strings here, but I really feel that the people behind Fosters made this episode as a nod to us. Yes it was hard to see Frankie actually be hard on herself, but I honestly feel that it was us that helped her pick herself back up and help her out when she needed it most.

Last edited by Medikor; 11-25-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #149
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

That is perhaps the most original idea anyone has had about this episode. I don't suppose there's any way to know for certain but it's definitely worth considering. I tip my hat to you, Medikor, for thinking of it.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #150
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I just gave Peas a watch and something struck me very early on in the episode. I believe Peas is actually a representation of us Frankie fans. Peas was pleading to the other friends about how ungrateful they are about everything she does for them and the house but his words, much like ours, fell on deaf ears.
Like us, Peas truly appreciated Frankie yet was unable to let her know or cheer her on when she needed it. But what really intrigued me was that he did eventually manage to help her out. I may be grasping at strings here, but I really feel that the people behind Fosters made this episode as a nod to us. Yes it was hard to see Frankie actually be hard on herself, but I honestly feel that it was us that helped her pick herself back up and help her out when she needed it most.
Wow Medikor, I never would have thought of it that way! If they wanted to get that across, they could have tried an entirely new episode rather than rehash a story and take away one of Frankie's moments of triumph.