Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #11
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
A marathon? Interesting way to show the final five. I'd have expected CN to spread them out a little.
Yeah, me too, Cass. Needless to say, I will be very disappointed if CN decides to air this marathon on a weekday, when I'm at work. Sure, I've got a VCR, but it's getting tougher finding tapes, and it's not the same as seeing it first-run.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #12
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It'd be terrible if you had to call in "sick" that day.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Specials eh?

Oh good well at least this tells me, that Foster's isn't going to end so definitively that they wouldn't be able to revisit the characters at all.

Those are the kind of endings I like the best, a sense of finality but with enough openness to pick up things again later down the road.

Now the only burning unanswered question is... Where are the rest of the DVD sets?

Hopefully the select few in the Turner hierarchy who have the power to make it so, will have a answer for us all in the near future. (Either the remaining individual seasons, or another mega set similar to the recent PPG release. Either one would be fine I'm not picky.)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #14
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Ooh, specials, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Now the only burning unanswered question is... Where are the rest of the DVD sets?
(Shrugs) Who knows?

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #15
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Seeing "Room for specials" leads me to believe that "Goodbye to Bloo" is just a simple title and not meant to close the show for good. The specials would probably be like the PPG special as in the cast and crew getting back together saying "let's make another episode like we never missed a day."
Old 01-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Yay specials!
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
Another Castle
At Home

Specials you say?

When I heard the final episode would be called Goodbye to Bloo, I thought it was going to be a tragic finale and would involve Mac leaving Bloo (Indeed, the oh-so-reliable Wikipedia stated Mac would be 18 and moving on). I didn't know whether to believe this or not, but I didn't like the sound of it (but as much as I love that site, I've learn not to believe it all the time). It sounded like a depressing way to end the series.

The final five aired on Cartoon Network USA on the 3rd of May this year (my 19th birthday!). Obliviously for me on a channel I don't have in a continent I don't live in. Whilst I haven't seen it yet (I'm going to save that until I have seen all the others!), I have since read the synopsis, and I know it has a happy ending! However, I'm in no rush to watch all the rest, as I don't want to run out of a good thing!

Whilst I understand why they have decided to end the seasons, I am happy to see that there will always be potential for specials! This way, there is less risk of the show just outstaying its welcome and going down hill (like the Fairly Odd Parents, which was great when it started but now struggles to stay fresh, not to change the subject).

However, not to be pessimistic, but specials can also be risky- asides from having to reunited the cast, there may be a pressure to live up to everyone's expectations- What do you think?
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #18
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

There's always the pressure to live up to the fans' expectations, in every show ever produced for more than one season. The Foster's crew are good at pleasing the fans as well as delightfully surprising them. Granted, if/when they come up with any specials, they won't have all the same people working on it, and over time, even the personalities of those who have worked on it for years can change a bit, so their work on it is different than it was when the show was still airing. It's just a part of human life. So it likely won't have the same feel as the episodes we're familiar with now. But that doesn't mean it won't be good.

The chance of a future special or two is still uncertain, and likely a few years away. But I'd love to see what they come up with if they decide to do such a thing, no matter what the result. I'm just happy Craig is open to the possibility.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:14 AM   #19
Another Castle
At Home

Not to drift too much off topic (I didn't feel it was necessary to start a new thread about it)- but what is Craig's latest project nowadays? I was reading the ever-reliable Wikipedia the other day which said "After fifteen years of employment, he has left his job at Cartoon Network, after its focus switched to reality programming."
I read he was involved in something called Cartoonstitute, but that was canceled.

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #20
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Thanks for the read.