Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 05-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #21
Cutelilteen
Newly Abandoned

Sorry, sorry, sorry...  

Send a message via Yahoo to Cutelilteen

My second-cousin has it. I don't know much about it, but I believe it's a type of (or at least related to) autism. My cousin is often quiet and shy and usually prefers to be alone. She also doesn't talk a lot and will almost never make eye contact.
Cutelilteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #22
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
You should certainly visit The Asperger Disorder Homepage. I've been in contact with many people with Asperger's online, as I am asexual and asexuality is rather common among people with Asperger's; therefore we have many in our community. So in general people in the asexual community are encouraged to learn about Asperger's.
oh my goodness, really? D:

I was diagnosed with asperger syndrome 5 years ago, and noone ever told me this. I have never been interested in love, relationships or boys and girls et.c... I've always thought I was crazy and imagined that I was maybe asexual D; but I guess it really makes sense now
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #23
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
They usually have a circumscribed area of interest which usually leaves no space for more age appropriate, common interests. Some examples are cars, trains, French Literature, door knobs, hinges, cappucino, meteorology, astronomy or history.
I might've read it wrong, but...So what if I like astronomy and history? D:

Quote:
D.There is no clinically significant general delay in language (e.g., single words used by age 2 years, communicative phrases used by age 3 years).
I didn't know that some people catching on to speaking faster than others was a bad thing...
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #24
Kootiebirdo
Settling In

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti!  

I have Asperger's as well even though I try to keep it to myself sometimes. I'm actually kinda glad and a bit surprised as well to see a topic here about this.

Last edited by Kootiebirdo; 10-23-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Kootiebirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:17 AM   #25
Zeitgheist
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootiebirdo View Post
I have Asperger's as well even though I try to keep it to myself sometimes. I'm actually kinda glad and a bit surprised as well to see a topic here about this.
I used to keep it to myself as when I was 12 they locked me up in a mental institution because they didn't know what was wrong with me. When I was 17 I got the diagnosis and I was sort of depressed instead of relieved about it, but now that I'm 21 I'm actually quite proud of being mentally unstable XD

I was sort of warned by my psychiatrists and stuff to never searh about Asperger online or mention that I have it, because appearantly it gives a lot of misinformation and gets ridiculed a lot? I had honestly never heard the term before I was diagnsoed, but I did as they said and still to this day I have never attended a site about asperger... About telling others? Well, I could care less what others think of me
Old 10-25-2007, 10:58 AM   #26
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

There's a kid in my year at school, named Guy, who has it. I don't like him too much, not because of his condition, he's just a horrible person. He kicks you, and he once called my friend an anorexic cow because she wasn't hungry at lunch time one day. I mean, I know that he has Asperger's and all, but what makes it worse, is when you tell him off, he blames it all on his condition, and then starts to make you feel bad about it for yelling at him when it's not his fault. I really don't like him.

He has a very... feminine voice. It's broken, but has this sort of girly twang to it, for lack of a better description. I don't whether that counts as having problems with speech.

He frightens me actually. The girl he called an anorexic cow hangs with me and the rest of the "Emo Kids", and this girl (Rachel) was his friend back in Primary (Elementary) School, and he clings onto her alot, and now me and my other friend, Leah. Thing is, because we don't like him, he thinks that to get us to like, him he needs to be emo. He's started ranting about how he wants to die, he's painted his nails black, and he's even tried slitting his wrists, with the blad from a penicl sharpener. He had a ring of scratches around his wrist after a history lesson one day.

But we don't do that sort of thing, and we find it both annoying and worrying. Sometimes I worry that I've said something wrong and then he, you know, does something worse the scratching his arm with a blunt sharpener...
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #27
Zeitgheist
At Home

Vampyre, it's just a very simple and common condition known as... attention whoring

Asperger patients can, indeed, find humor in cruel (doesn't mean they don't UNDERSTAND that it's cruel, but for some that CAN be the case) things, like calling people names. I know, because, I am a very sadistic person (humor-wise). That he blames it on his condition proves that he does INDEED understand what he says and does, he's just grasping for attention. If it was really his Asperger showing its true colors, he wouldn't be using it as an apology

Don't ignore him though, tell him that what he's doing simply isn't something YOU guys are doing and that it's completely different things. That your style is nothing BUT a style, not a disease (like cutting yourself is)
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #28
Kamikaze
Newly Abandoned
[Insert witty text handle here]  

Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze

Everything you need to know on Asperger Syndrome is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_Syndrome

Last edited by Kamikaze; 10-25-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #29
Zeitgheist
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Everything you need to know on Asperger Syndrome is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_Syndrome
Rule number 1, most things about asperger online is bogus.
never trust sites like wikipedia, there's nothing but misinformation