Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:35 AM   #1
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Lightbulb Blooregard Q. Kazoo is taking over your mobile phone.

I was just idly perusing Toon Zone - checking feverishly for any news on Season Five, as ever - when I happened across this tidbit of Foster's licensing-related news. I know this isn't the most terribly exciting thing in the world, but what the hey; I'm bored, and I have some as-yet-undiscussed Foster's info, so I may as well post it.

From Toon Zone:
Quote:
Cartoon Network New Media Unveils Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends Star ?Bloo? as First Character for CallToons Mobile Application

Soon fans of the lovable but impulsive Blooregard Q. Kazoo from the popular Cartoon Network series Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends will be able to claim him as their own friend on their mobile phone. Cartoon Network New Media today announced ?Bloo? will be the first featured character within the new mobile application CallToons, the patent-pending technology that replaces ordinary mobile phone functions (such as ringtones and wallpapers) with an all-encompassing entertainment platform provided by users? favorite characters.

?We are thrilled to launch the product with Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends and are very excited about Bloo?s participation on the project. Bloo is one of Cartoon Network?s most beloved characters ? by both our fans and Bloo himself ? and mobile users will now have a way to interact with him directly and experience his personality first-hand,? said Ross Cox, senior director, entertainment products, Cartoon Network New Media.

Cartoon Network New Media developed CallToons in conjunction with Turner Platform R&D, and has been in discussions with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) regarding concept refinement and content delivery options. The technology takes Cartoon Network New Media into mobile licensing, as the product will be available to non-Turner companies in the future.

CallToons ties together popular mobile content such as ringtones, ringbacks, wallpapers, and audio and text alerts into a character-driven narrative experience unlike any mobile content offering available on the market today. Cartoon Network New Media will introduce additional functionality to the CallToons application in the coming months.

Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends, created by Craig McCracken, airs on Cartoon Network on Friday evenings at 7 p.m. (ET, PT). In the series, shy eight-year-old Mac has the perfect alter ego in his imaginary friend Blooregard Q. Kazoo. Impulsive and brash, Bloo lives at Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends, a haven for wayward imaginary friends like Wilt, Eduardo, Coco and others who have been separated from the kids who created them. One of Cartoon Network?s top-rated original series, Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends is now in its fourth season and has also been greenlit for season five.
So there you go...from what I can tell, the feature sounds roughly analogous to having Bloo inside your phone, hanging around on your background, talking to you when you get messages, acting as your ringtone, and so on. Given that this is Bloo we're talking about, I imagine he might get irritating quite quickly, but hey ho, it's a fun-sounding concept, I guess.

Still though, the thing that I found most edifying about this press release is the mention of Season Five. I know that all it says it that it's been greenlit, which we've known for months, but after all these months of utter silence on that front, just seeing an official Cartoon Network press release restating that there will be a fifth season is comforting.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

awesome hope they make ones of the others soon =D
caus I'd love to have mac XDD

Last edited by kaytea; 03-29-2007 at 10:23 AM.
kaytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. Whenever it comes out, I hope I can get it on my phone

Last edited by Imaginary Light; 03-29-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Imaginary Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I want Bloo talking to my phone!! That would totally be awesome-rific!

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #5
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

That's so cool! I just hope this isn't a "ringtone" in there:

"Hey, you've got a call. A call..! Answer the phone!!! Come ooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!"
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:03 AM   #6
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

That's awesome. Is there any others characters you can get?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

That sounds fantastic. I'm guessing it's US only, though...
Old 12-15-2016, 12:53 AM   #8
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Wish I saw this as it was happening.