Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #51
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

That's what I originally saw here in the States; I'd say they're worth watching but I don't think DIC dubbed all the episodes; some were never shown here due to idiotic censorship rules. DIC may not have dubbed those but I honestly don't know. I have the ones with subtitles, which aren't bad at all.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:17 PM   #52
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I hate to revive an old thread, but this is a question that I have to ask since I'm getting VERY close to getting all 200 episodes (I have all 3 movies, but 2 of the specials. There's a 'TV Special' bonus feature on one of the DVDs, but it doesn't say what it is). If I want to watch them (including the movies) in chronological order, when should I watch the movies?
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:33 AM   #53
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
I hate to revive an old thread, but this is a question that I have to ask since I'm getting VERY close to getting all 200 episodes (I have all 3 movies, but 2 of the specials. There's a 'TV Special' bonus feature on one of the DVDs, but it doesn't say what it is). If I want to watch them (including the movies) in chronological order, when should I watch the movies?
Perfectly okay to revive old threads if you've got a valid reason, dude. I'd say you certainly do. Unfortunately the movies don't fit very well into the series chronology. This article explains it better than I can: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...-the-franchise Interesting article; hope it helps.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #54
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Perfectly okay to revive old threads if you've got a valid reason, dude. I'd say you certainly do. Unfortunately the movies don't fit very well into the series chronology. This article explains it better than I can: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...-the-franchise Interesting article; hope it helps.
I think so. All I got from that is that the movies make no connections to the seasons they were made for, so I can watch them after watching their respective seasons.

Since 10 years (Wowsers! ) have passed since between posts, I should provide what's been happening with me Sailor Moon wise. In 2015, Australian distribution company Madman Entertainment began releasing the uncut Sailor Moon on DVD and Blu-Ray, which contains BOTH the Viz Media dub (one of the DVD extras of season 1 is a behind the scenes look at the dub) and the original Japanese audio. As you can see from this photo below:

I'm only one more DVD away from getting all 200 episodes. I'll be definitely getting into the anime once it's released.
The box sets in the photo above also came with booklets:

They all contain artwork and character bios. Though I'm certain Cass has a much better encyclopedia than mine!

Also, after checking out the Sailor Moon Wiki, I think the TV Special on the DVD may be the SuperS Special that comprises of 3 shorts, which means I have 3 of the 5 specials.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 04-08-2020 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Release date of Part 2 unknown, possibly due to the bloody Coronavirus
Old 04-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #55
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

Oooh, the Australian sets are gorgeous! I wish they'd release it over here already.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:51 AM   #56
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I've (finally) started watching from beginning to end recently. I currently just finished the Makai Tree Arc with Ail and An, and just about to be introduced to Chibiusa. I have no idea how many times I'll be saying 'Oh my stars, what an awful little brat!' , but I'm still enjoying it regardless.

So far, my favourite moments are the Cherry Blossom picnic from episode 51 (FIRE!!! ...soul ), Makoto's introduction from episode 25 (Damn girl! She should replace Gordon Ramsay in Hell's Kitchen! ), and Rei's epic sacrifice from episode 45 (I'm not done with you yet!)
Old 06-02-2020, 07:24 PM   #57
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Chibiusa… she has her moments. I think the Makai Tree arc was underrated. I read somewhere that it was originally conceived as a "filler" story, created to fill air time while work was being done on the Dark Moon arc. No idea if that's true or not but it was a good story either way.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:32 PM   #58
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Well, may as well update here.

As you can see, I FINALLY have ALL 200 EPISODES!!! If the 3 mini-episodes in the SuperS special counts as separate TV specials, then I'm going to assume that I have all 5 TV specials.

Now it's just a matter of finding the time to watch the rest. I'm very eager to see what Sailor Moon S has in store for me. Mainly because of this article I came across a while ago. I haven't read it yet due to spoilers, but it has peaked my interest.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 04-06-2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Extensive research on the TV specials (in other words, the Sailor Moon Wiki XD )
Old 04-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #59
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Congratulations! Sailor Moon S was both interesting and very enjoyable. That's all I'm saying.