Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Default Your 2009 Halloween Costume Thread

It's only, oh, 83 days until the trick-or-treaters come to your door, so the annual question is "What are you wearing on Halloween?" (Or, as cosplayers dub it "Amateur Night".)

I'll start with the fact I have a new professionally made in China Team Rocket Jessie and James costume ready, and will be doing Jessie on October 31st, and will also have James done as well beforehand, maybe for a pre-Halloween event. I'm also taking my Alice in Wonderland costume to Wildwood, New Jersey on October 23rd for their annual Halloween Parade and event at the Convention Center.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

Ok so it kind of depends,

See for Comic Con next year I think I'm going to try and dress up as Max from Capitol Critters (pretty easy, just a flannel shirt and hat plus a backpack) and so if I get enough time to work on that in time for Halloween than I'll just do that.

If not I'll do my usual thing and take it as an excuse to wear my Corduroy suit complete with bell bottom corduroy pants suit jacket, and hemp rope belt.
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ya know, I saw Halloween candy for sale for the first time at the grocery store this weekend. No decorations or anything, the store just seems to have gotten the first shipment of Halloween candy in, and decided to put it out on the shelf right away I guess. I swear some of the trees are already turning color up here, too. I'm definitely starting to feel that autumn vibe. I like it.

I haven't given it much thought as to what I'll dress up as this year. I haven't worn any of my Victorian/Edwardian costumes in a while, I'd love to wear one of those again. The only thing is those have more of a Christmas or Easter feel to them, not Halloween. If it's not too cold, I might dress up as a pixie. But I kind of doubt I'll be warm enough wearing a sleeveless leotard and a sheer overskirt. I just love that outfit, and really want to wear it again.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #4
happy80schild
Newly Abandoned

How come it's the bad ideas people remember  

Send a message via Yahoo to happy80schild

The thing is it's not that the store decides to put it out right away it's kinda of must as in our store the receiving area/storage gets to be 90 degrees + and it has ruined thousands of dollars worth of candy before so it is taken to the sales floor
Plus Kroger at least we have due dates that certain things have to be out like
by August I think 31st we have to set Halloween
Heck we got the catalog for Christmas stuff in April.
Better condition Driving Miss Crazy
happy80schild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #5
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Perhaps that's the reason the candy is out already. It's just not chocolate or anything, it's the giant bag of hard and jelly candy assortment that we see every year, only at Halloween time.

I thought about costumes again today, and am also thinking about being an angel. My cat Joey has wings he can wear too. I'll need new wings of my own though, the feathers are falling out of my old ones.

I also lingered on the idea of dressing in Victorian underwear. It was underwear back then, but today, it's not as I'd be wearing two or three layers of clothing, and there'd be less skin exposed than in a typical cocktail dress. And corsets are popular costume accessories anyway so they're hardly unfamiliar. Hehe, I dunno, I'm still thinking about it but that might be cute.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

This topic always makes me depressed because there's no point in wearing a costume for me, and Halloween is my favorite day. :/ We get zero trick or treaters and there's no place to go, so why wear a costume. I just dress up for Wondercon/Comic-Con nowadays, and some years not even then.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
This topic always makes me depressed because there's no point in wearing a costume for me, and Halloween is my favorite day. :/ We get zero trick or treaters and there's no place to go, so why wear a costume. I just dress up for Wondercon/Comic-Con nowadays, and some years not even then.
Concur Sparky. I just go as me. I spend time with friends and still get candy, but that is as far as it gets.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

No one usually sees my costume either. But I love my costumes so much, and have so much fun dressing up in them I wear them anyway, if only for myself.

I agree though, it's more fun when I can show them off. One of the best Halloweens ever was one about 5 years ago, I was actually off work and my mom and I went to an outlet mall and shopped all day. And I was wearing one of my Medieval dresses all day while shopping. It had a long flowing train and everything. It was fun getting comments on it.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I wish I had a Deadpool costume. So I can mess around with kids.

One of these days, I'm going to Comic Con as Deadpool & I'm going to mess around with people.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I wish I had a Deadpool costume. So I can mess around with kids.

One of these days, I'm going to Comic Con as Deadpool & I'm going to mess around with people.
You can form a posse with all the other Deadpool cosplayers and cause ten times the amount of messing aroundness.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costumes, halloween, way off topic