Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Default Other than "A Lost Claus"...

...what happens to be your favorite Christmas episode of a TV series or special?

I always liked "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" not to mention "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" and "Frosty The Snowman". In addition, I have taken a liking to the annual telecast of WPIX's "Yule Log" on Christmas morning. It's vintage holiday music set to a loop of a log in a fireplace ablaze. Not exactly exciting TV, but great to open presents to.

Now, how about telling us what your faves?

(Oh, Sparky, please deleted the old thread. Thanks.)

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I've always loved the original Simpson's Christmas special, Muppets Family Christmas, Olive The Other Reindeer, and several others that fail to come to mind.
The He-Man and She-Ra Christmas special has become a new favorite of mine for all the wrong reasons. Bless YTV for airing it a few days ago.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

I love the Charlie Brown specials, Invader ZIM's "The most horrible X-Mas ever!", Danny Phantom's "The Fright Before Christmas" (Ghost Writer ftw!), "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", the Bump in the Night one, and the OLD Muppets one (the one where the Swedish chief tries to cook Big Bird! And the Fraggle Rock guys are there too!) which I haven't seen in a few years, YTV use to alway show it =\

Also even though it's not a TV special, the family and I always watch "Home Alone" every Christmas day. We just got the DVD of it last year but we still have a copy of it on VHS in a horribly worn box XD
Old 12-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The various Married With Children Christmas episodes come to mind, in particular "It's A Bundyful Life" with Sam Kinison, and the first one, "A Bundy Christmas", where Santa crash-landed in the Bundy's backyard.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Top of my list are the Christmas specials for Father Ted and the Fast Show (not sure how well-known those shows are internationally, but they were both pretty big in the UK), both of which aired in 1996, and neither of which have lost any of their charm or hilarity since. They're refreshing, funny and approach the occasion with just the right amount of cynicism to be snappy but never overly-bitter, and both shows do a wonderful job of transferring their own individual character and quirkiness to the seasonal context. With Father Ted, you have the joy of seeing the various priests getting lost in Ireland's biggest lingerie section, with unforgettable results, while the Fast Show has Channel 9's delightfully irreverent rendition of the Nativity story, some lovely interaction between Ted and Ralph, and a closing scene involving Chris the Crafty Cockney and this little girl from whom he's about to steal Xmas presents which I actually find rather touching, even if I know I probably shouldn't, but then I can be a total softie at times.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-18-2007 at 12:16 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Father Ted is funny stuf, but i've never heard of Fast Show
Old 12-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #7
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, Invader ZIM's "The Worst X-Mas Ever!" ("Tuna? Tuna is worth nothing!"), Danny Phantom's "The Fright Before Christmas", The Year Without a Santa Claus, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, both versions of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and A Charlie Brown Christmas... Other then that, I'm having trouble of remembering any favorites.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #8
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I can't really disagree with anyone's choices thus far, every special that has been listed is quality stuff. But I've got one that hasn't been listed as of this posting.

Blackadder's Christmas Carol (1988)

Blackadder has always been one of my favorite comedy series' from the UK and viewing their fractured take on the classic Charles Dickens novel is always the highpoint of my holiday TV watching.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Hmm, tough question, but here's some:

Home Improvement
The Simpsons
Family Guy (Can't recall the episode name, but where Louis hates Christmas)
Friends

To name the ones I can think of....
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Hmm, wow. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" because it's a great classic. I grew up with it. "Garfield's Christmas", so funny and I'm a huge Garfield fan. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", both also classics that I grew up with. And "Twas the Night Before Christmas", I haven't seen it in years! Why!? As for movies, definitely "It's a Wonderful Life", "White Christmas", "Home Alone", "The Grinch", and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". It's just not Christmas unless I've been able to see each of these at least once sometime during the season.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, links