Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #21
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I don't recall watching any Christmas specials when I was young. But since 2005, the Australian comedy music quiz show Spicks and Specks do an annual 1 hour Christmas special called A Very Specky Christmas, which has become a staple for me every Christmas. They play games related to Christmas and the year in music! It's been doing it every year, and they're doing it again this year!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #22
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula
Default Tis the season...

To watch Holiday TV until one's brain turns into egg-nog.

Here are some more of my favorite Christmas specials..

Futurama, An X-Mas story and A Tale of Two Santas

Nothing warms the cockles on thy heart then seeing the Planet Express crew on the run from a demonic Robot Santa while learning the true meaning of Chris... I mean X-Mas (That's what it's called in the year 3000)

The Muppet Family Christmas.

My all time favorite out the multiple Christmas specials featuring Jim Henson's creations. This one has characters from his big three shows of the 1980's (IE Sesame Street, The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock) getting together for an "Old Fashioned" yet chaotic Christmas that never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Santa Claus Conquers The Martians and Santa Claus

Two of the funniest episodes out of the show's ten season run. The first has the Satellite of Love crew poking fun at the 1950's sci-fi holiday camp classic that has green men from Mars who decide to capture Santa in order to make their kids happy. And the other has them riffing on a dubbed Mexican holiday movie in which Santa lives above the clouds in a crystal place and does battle against the Devil's minion on Christmas eve. (Man I wish I was making that up.)

Merry Christmas, Mr Bean

IMHO the best episode out of the show's brief run, Rowan Atkinson bring his physical comedy a-game to this absurdest holiday master piece. I mean if you can't laugh at the sight of a grown man's head stuck in an uncooked turkey, what can you laugh at?

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

I can add two new ones to my list of faves.

Disney Prep and Landing was very outstanding, and Merry Madagascar was fun.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, links